IGNORED

FS: Z64 Bundle with box now with Compact Flash Mod

digitalwacker

I've had a few people message me over the last couple months, so I'm putting my z64 package back up for sale. I've recently updated it with a Compact Flash drive and will include a 2GB card as well. This is your opportunity to own an immaculate Z64 Mr. Backup unit for the N64. It is complete in its original box(Great condition) with all the original paperwork and power adapter. The unit is VERSION 2, so it will play 256MB games. It currently has V2.20B firmware installed. I'm also including 13 Zip disks as well as 5 N64 Cartridges for game saves(Golden eye(Loose) Command and Conquer(Boxed) (Nagano Winter Olympics '98(Boxed) Wrestlemania 2000(Boxed), and Perfect Dark(Boxed) I've recently updated it with a Compact Flash drive and will include a 2GB card as well. If you desire, the unit can be put back to its original zip drive in a matter of minutes. The original zip drive as well as an extra internal zip drive is included so you can transfer games/patches/firmware to the zip disk. It has around 65+ games loaded on the CF card. They are the exact games from all 13 zip disc.

$275 for the entire package shipped in the US(Lower 48 only)

Private message me in interested

post-17948-0-43561400-1354751060_thumb.jpg

post-17948-0-85832800-1354751069_thumb.jpg

post-17948-0-34980100-1354751078_thumb.jpg

post-17948-0-08991800-1354751088_thumb.jpg

post-17948-0-66969500-1354751094_thumb.jpg

post-17948-0-89505800-1354751102_thumb.jpg

post-17948-0-66526700-1354751111_thumb.jpg

post-17948-0-68017500-1355166869_thumb.jpg

Edited by digitalwacker

that seems kinda high. these do not have the value they once had ever since the Everdrive 64 came out. sad to say but true. I have a vers 2 , maxed ram , custom firmware for CF card, with a Compact Flash HD on it so the whole library is on there but I'm keeping it because I'll never get what it is worth. I think $200 + shipping is the best you'll get unless you find someone who really really wants one of these, which there may be but $420??? uhhh I don't think so but if so, I'll sell mine too :) hell I'd sell mine for $320 + ship if that were the case

• Like 1

here's the thing with these, stuff like "boxed" and "un modified" really don't carry much weight with backup units. these were all hastily manufactured and distributed all under the radar of Nintendo and sometimes not under the radar as is the case with Bung. not many people care about the box or if it was modified, in fact the modification I did to mine is highly sought after since you do not have to swap out zip disks.

the bottom line is, once the two N64 backup carts came out with the SD card system, the bottom fell out of the market on these things, same goes for the other backup units for other systems. if you can spend $100+ship to get a cart that takes an sd card and it flawlessly plays most of the games or all of the games on a given system, why would anyone want something that is harder to use, bulkier to set up and fussy to maintain... there are collectors that want these, don't get me wrong but not as many as before.

good luck, if there is one place to find hard core collectors, it is here so hang around and get to know the site, it rocks.

• Like 1

I'd disagree, at this point in time, backup units are really only sought after by collectors and having the box makes the system much more attractive than an unboxed unit. You may want to try posting this on tototek, as there are copier collectors there. As mentioned, these days the average person will go the cheaper and more convenient route of modern flash cart technology.

• Like 1

Tototek is a great place to post this, good call. but my point is, yeah having the box is good and all but it just won't be held to the same standard as say a boxed Atari 2600, it just won't. it does not add that much extra value when you get down to tallying up what someone would be willing to pay for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...