IGNORED

Never stop 'paying' with playstation collections

cimerians

News bit about upcoming compilations:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/06/never-stop-playing-with-playstation-collections/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

God of War Saga - Every God of War game ever made.

Ratchet & Clank Collection - Old PS2 trilogy remastered games.

Infamous Collection - 1 and 2 plus add-ons.

• Like 2

Hmmn.. so they take out direct PS2 support and then magically these "remasters" start appearing for sale. Nice.

PS2 support was removed years ago. These HD remasters are a fairly recent development. I doubt PS2 compatibility was killed since they envisioned doing this.

I don't see these as being a bad thing. I for one would still want to see things like the Team Ico collection even if my PS3 was BC.

I am extremely upset by seeing this. I 'ONLY' purchased Festival of Blood for Infamous, because it was advertised that it was going to be Digital Download only. I only buy DL games if they're 100million% 'only' DL games... I will always buy a physical copy of a game if there is a physical copy.

This is a gross representation of their product, and I'm not surprised... todays Devs/Pubs say one thing and do something entirely different (much like Politicians).

I will think twice before buying "exclusive content" via DL from this point on.... knowing that the item might be available physically at some point.

I've only played GoW 1 and 2. I've played through all of the R&C games multiple times.

At $30, I'd be happy to play the PS2 remastered versions on my PS3. But only if I can get them on disc. No "download only".

I have to retract my statement about thinking about buying R&C remastered. "Remastered" appears to be exactly what it is. I thought maybe they'd upgrade the engine, making it look more like "Crack in Time" or "Tools of Destruction" on PS3 with more detail, etc., but all they appear to be is upgraded from 480p to 720p. In my opinion, this does not justify paying just to play on the PS3. My PS2 has component out, which makes the graphics just fine. When they start showing up for $9.99, I may pick one up.

I dunno, 720p (and up) is what PS2 titles need. They normally ran at like 320x200, so you'd actually get a "better" picture with RF or composite... way too jagged otherwise. Playing them emulated at 720p and higher looks great, though.

I'm kind of interested in the Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper collections, since I only ever owned the first game of each set on the ol' PS2.

I'm kind of interested in the Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper collections, since I only ever owned the first game of each set on the ol' PS2.

In that case, $30 would be a very good price for each collection.

Yeah its a good deal. As Rex said unless you have an older TV set and even then it will look crappy compared to the HD remastered versions. They simply look great now. These guys (Sony remasters) are 1,000 times better than Konami's pathetic attempt at remastering Silent Hill. It depends who is doing the remastering and how much effort and support they get from parent company. I wasn't too thrilled with Capcoms Devil May Cry remasters either. They simply remastered the main game and none of the menu's or titles screens. Sony tends to do a waaaay better job. I have to admit.

http://blog.us.plays...ayStation.Blog)

This I do not understand... they already released a pair of Compilations to cover this... and now a, "all in one" comp... if they need money this badly, why not just come out and start charging for access to the PSN, imo... it'd be less insulting.

http://blog.us.plays...ayStation.Blog)

This I do not understand... they already released a pair of Compilations to cover this... and now a, "all in one" comp... if they need money this badly, why not just come out and start charging for access to the PSN, imo... it'd be less insulting.

In essence you are correct. On top of that, GOW Saga only provides PSN vouchers for the PSP games, not the actual games on disc.

Publishers do this all the time. They take all there games and box them. Grand Theft Auto. Gears of War. Metal Gear Solid. You name it. This is just another box set.

For people who have none of them and want them. Its a good deal.

The vouchers hurt it but everything seems to be going digital it seems.

I think Sony also wanted to add 3D to GOW3. Not sure why they couldnt have done it as a patch or add on or something.

Edited by cimerians

Publishers do this all the time. They take all there games and box them. Grand Theft Auto. Gears of War. Metal Gear Solid. You name it. This is just another box set.

I think Sony also wanted to add 3D to GOW3. Not sure why they couldnt have done it as a patch or add on or something.

Really? I've never seen an IP packaged up as many times as God of War - it seems extremely redundant at this point.

Really? I've never seen an IP packaged up as many times as God of War - it seems extremely redundant at this point.

Give it a rest man. Its no big deal.

All this is is a bundle of content already available on the PS3. Such things have been done for many years now dating back to at least the 1980's.

I'd be hard pressed to name a successful series on the PS3 or PS3 that hasn't had several of its entries bundled together in a package deal. My Wal-Mart is still full of 5 or 6 of them at this point just for the PS2 like a Medal of Honor boxset.

Brown Santa brought the Ratchet and Clank Collection while I was home for lunch. Apparently there was an optional PS3 system update in July that I never bothered with. This game forced me to install system update 4.21 before I started playing. I have no idea how good it looks compared to the PS2 but it's not bad. It's widescreen now except for the cutscenes. 3 games for $30 is definitely a good deal since I never owned them.

Brown Santa brought the Ratchet and Clank Collection while I was home for lunch. Apparently there was an optional PS3 system update in July that I never bothered with. This game forced me to install system update 4.21 before I started playing. I have no idea how good it looks compared to the PS2 but it's not bad. It's widescreen now except for the cutscenes. 3 games for $30 is definitely a good deal since I never owned them.

Brown Santa

I had to look it up. UPS!

Just got mine yesterday for 30 bucks sweet deal. Damn its looking much better. I only had the first game on the PS2 but now I can shelve it because with my HD screen the old game looks painful compared to this.

Weapons and bolts oh yeah!!!!!!

:)

Seriously? I had to update the OS for my 3ds when I opened that 3d Mario game. I was beeeeeeeyond furious..... and I chewed N. ass out hard (like they gave two ****s). There was NOTHING on the package about having to have a net connection to install/play the game, complete false advertisement... beeeeeyond underhanded of them, in order to force an OS update. There's no excuse for that kind of trickery, and if I could turn my outrage into physical pain for whoever masterminded that decision, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Some little slimey suit pos thought it was 'ok' to slip that in.