IGNORED

Some interesting proto's

Rom Hunter

Nukey says that the collision detection works, but I can't seem to get it to do anything. All I can do is wander around the 6 or so rooms and watch the group of enemies float by now and then. Very weird stuff.

BTW AtariMania lists Warren Robinett as the author but he left Atari shortly after doing Adventure and Basic Programming in 1979. Is he really the author of this game? Is it built on the Adventure engine or does it just look similar?

Tested it out a bit. You can take the elves'(?) items by pressing fire. When you do that they get a shocked face, then an angry one. If they have an axe, they can actually kill your character, causing the square you control to get an X on it. Sometimes placing items makes a unique noise and makes them go a little crazy. Maybe it's like Swordquest where you have to arrange items in rooms. I recorded a bit of gameplay for anyone who wants to see it.

Ok, I was wrong in that last post. I was unintentionally throwing objects when attempting to drop them, which caused a different sound than normal, so I thought it was a glitch or some "correct" notification.

Just curious, but you guys have any ideas on what the "elves" are supposed to be gameplay-wise? I want to think that in the final game they'd carry items required to win, but it seems a bit strange to me to have characters only there to steal from in a game. Maybe they're replacements to the dragons (I mean, the ones with the axes are really aggressive.) or something.

Edited by Nesbroslash