IGNORED

Sega CD/32X/GENESIS Power Upgrade (NO MORE WALL WARTS!)

the.golden.ax

I've offered these in the past on a "word of mouth - by request" basis. Someone ordered one this past week so I made a couple to put up for sale.

What you get is a modified GameCube power supply that plugs in to the wall with a standard A/C cord (no wall wart). There are enough pigtails on the end to run a Genesis, Sega CD, and 32x. The power supply gives the right amount of power to run one, two, or all three units all at once. There is a built in fuse for safety as well as an overload protector that automatically resets after 15 minutes. They come in two flavors depending on the model of Sega Genesis you are using. Please specify when ordering if you have a Genesis 1 (rectangle shaped machine) or a Genesis 2 (square shaped machine). (Sega CD 1 & 2 use the same cord type. Genesis 2, and 32x use the same cord type. For this reason I only need to know what model of Genesis you have in your rig.)

Price is $29.99 shipped anywhere in the USA. [[sOLD OUT]] I CAN MAKE MORE IF PEOPLE SEND ME A GAMECUBE POWER SUPPLY.

ALSO, if you want to mail in your existing power cords for this modification, I give the following discounts:

$5 off for each power supply that is sealed with bolts or security screws (Genesis 2, Game Gear, GameCube)

$2.50 off for each power supply that does not have screws holding it together (Genesis 1, Sega CD, official PSone with yellow tip)

-=No limit, if you trade in six $5 cords for example, and I'll give you a finished Power Upgrade free of charge=-

sega-3way-ax.jpg

PM ME!

:D

AX

• Like 4

Just to add.... Bought one last month from AX and it is the bomb! Ok, I don't think anyone still says "the bomb" anymore, but all you hep cats know what I'm sayin'. Great modder to any newbies if you have a Sega you still use, you NEED this. No more Christmas Vacation moments with the power strips and surge protectors. My SegaCD/32X is plugged up with my my PS3, xbox, tv, dvr, and alarm clock one one power strip.

Thanks again sir!

• Like 2

Just to add.... Bought one last month from AX and it is the bomb! Ok, I don't think anyone still says "the bomb" anymore, but all you hep cats know what I'm sayin'. Great modder to any newbies if you have a Sega you still use, you NEED this. No more Christmas Vacation moments with the power strips and surge protectors. My SegaCD/32X is plugged up with my my PS3, xbox, tv, dvr, and alarm clock one one power strip.

Thanks again sir!

Only for you - "The Bomb" is OK :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks again sir!

Thanks again sir!

Only for you - "The Bomb" is OK :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Can you mod the brick so that the original extensions still have their full length? My systems are spread out. :)

I want one for a Genesis 1! I'll PM you!

Can you mod the brick so that the original extensions still have their full length? My systems are spread out. :)

How far apart can you possibly have a Genesis, Sega CD and 32X?

Exactly what I was thinking. They kinda have to meet up for the party ...if you know what I mean.

I suppose that I misunderstood that you could mod existing power supplies for other consoles for the same purpose, since you mentioned other power supplies as donors. ><

For the record, I have a genesis, but not a 32x or CD. IF I had those they'd be together.

I have no idea what it is with gamers and the assumption that the next gamer is a complete idiot. ><

I have no idea what it is with gamers and the assumption that the next gamer is a complete idiot. ><

No such assumption being made here. You're getting way too defensive over a simple question to clarify your post.

What is it with gamers thinking the next gamer is trying to attack them? :D

I suppose that I misunderstood that you could mod existing power supplies for other consoles for the same purpose, since you mentioned other power supplies as donors. ><

For the record, I have a genesis, but not a 32x or CD. IF I had those they'd be together.

No such assumption being made here. You're getting way too defensive over a simple question to clarify your post.

What is it with gamers thinking the next gamer is trying to attack them? :D

Kiss and make up :) I just didn't understand. Sure if you need a cord for another purpose whatever it may be PM me and let's see if we can get you a solution.

Guys, when I'm mad, I use all caps. When I'm defensive, my fonts change color. ;)

Is it terrible that the first thing I want to do is push your buttons to see if I can get you to post in rainbow caps? :lolblue:

To keep this thread on topic, any newer members of the forum should know that the.golden.ax does some great work and is a trusted seller around these parts. If you own a Genesis/CD/32x combo, you really do owe it to yourself to get in on this.

• Like 1

Does anyone know about this Sega Trio. Genesis-2 + Sega CD + 32X - 3 in 1 AC Adapter at http://www.retrogamecave.com/

Went for $21.99 + shipping

I would buy one off you ax, or just make your price lower then his

A few points. I've been making and selling these behind the scenes so to speak for about three years, if not longer. While I appreciate your informing me that someone else is doing this, along with a helpful link on my thread, it doesn't appear to be exactly the same. A) They are not available. B) Mine have regulated 3.25amp power supplies, fuses, and a self resetting overload protection built in. If I'm not mistaken, his later creation, assuming he hasn't had these for 3 years+, are made with a 1.6amp or 3.0amp not containing a fuse. What does that mean? Well if you don't have a surge protector, or your house breaker fails, if you make the mistake of touching the Gen1 to the 32x pigtail... it's possible something bad could happen. Maybe his have fuses. I don't know. Something like that is a selling point, but he doesn't mention it. The price is not shown on the site. I'll have to take your word for it that they were $21.99. They did offer both 2 and 3 connection models, I assume one was more than the other.

I'm not sure at all about their prices, but that said, I'll be happy to match it @ $21.99 + $8 shipping. Total of $29.99 :o wait... that price... it's familiar. Oh, yeah, that's already my price :P :D

• Like 7