IGNORED

Coleco Adam Donkey Kong

Ive been wondering for a while now where I can find the Adam donkey kong and what are the differences from the Colecovision version. I'm also interested in if there's any difference in zaxxon and dragons lair for the disc drive compared to tape because I want to find something to do with that drive.

The barrels and some other things definitely have different sprites and animate differently too. I found that the controls are off (touchy, worse), and the frame rate is much much lower, choppier, but I don't know if this is the game itself or just the fault of the emulator I'm using.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Virtual ADAM v1.03 , by Steve Pitman, is a tremendous frontend for ADAMem that will work with all the newer incarnations of Windows. There are some drawbacks (not able to mount disk or ddp images on the fly when the ADAMem is running), but these are due to the fact that the DOSbox emulator is also included/required which allows ADAMem to work in new versions of Windows.

M.E.S.S. provides very good ADAM emulation as well, although I'm not sure if the ADAM emulation has been fixed after it was broken around v0.141 or v0.142.

http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/downloads.html