IGNORED

Wanted: Common 7800 Carts

Albert

Greetings,

I'm looking for common Atari 7800 cartridges that I can use for conversion into homebrew games. I will give $1.00 cash or AtariAge Store Credit per cartridge, and I'll pay for shipping. Carts should be in good condition, with no permanent markings on the carts (writing on the label is fine). I'll extend this offer to later model Atari 2600 carts that do not have the physical dust-cover mechanism (these are basically the same as 7800 carts), or have the dual-spring dust cover (you can discern these by looking at the dust cover, as it has one long slot the entire length, and you can push it up with your fingers, which you cannot do with the regular dust cover mechanism).

Please PM me if you have some carts you can sell/trade me.

Thanks,

..Al

Would games such as the frogger style be acceptable? I know the cart is a weird shape but it lacks a dust cover like a 7800 cart but no slots that label shows through. How about activision carts? Those don't have a dust cover either.

Unfortunately not, but thanks for asking. The circuit boards are designed to fit in Atari shells, and the labels would not fit properly either.

..Al

Does this mean common 7800 games are starting to get more rare?

I'm not going through enough 7800 carts to make them rarer. :) However, they certainly aren't as common as 2600 games. I'm just getting low on 7800 donors and need to replenish my stock. Hopefully within the next year I'll be using new cartridge shells (that work for both 2600 and 7800 games) and this will no longer be an issue!!

..Al

• Like 1

So you don't care if they are silver (like 1986 - 1988 2600 games for example) I've got some with poor labels that I'd be more than happy to send.

Nope, don't care if they are silver, please send them along. :D

Are the new shells going to be in any colors? :grin: please please please please *holds breath*

This is a good question, I don't have an answer for you just yet. I'd love to have several different colors available. Previously I've used clear, red and blue shells. The clear shells would work with just about everything. The blue and red labels worked well with many games depending on the labels.

..Al

Ok how about this type then? The top cart is a 7800, the bottom is a 2600 pacman?

100_2480.jpg

...hold it... After burying millions of Pac-Man carts, they actually went out and made more of them in '86/'88? (If that bottom one is a Pac-Man cart, it must be an '86/'88 version because of the case used.)

Ok how about this type then? The top cart is a 7800, the bottom is a 2600 pacman?

100_2480.jpg

...hold it... After burying millions of Pac-Man carts, they actually went out and made more of them in '86/'88? (If that bottom one is a Pac-Man cart, it must be an '86/'88 version because of the case used.)

That's a good question. I got a 1986 ET label cart. Not sure why Atari Corp made more ET carts? :ponder: