IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

New games I've been playing on my 3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. If Paper Mario is only $20.00, I'll need to add it to my collection. Where did you get it for that price?

New games I've been playing on my 3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. If Paper Mario is only $20.00, I'll need to add it to my collection. Where did you get it for that price?

It's between $15 and $22 on Amazon currently. I wouldn't recommend it, but it is cheap.

i played through the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity demo last night, which lasts about an hour. i tried the demo out mainly for two reasons: one, i like dungeon crawlers; and two, every now and then i need to play a Pokemon title because i have a bit of a hoarding disorder and found that finding/collecting all these little bastards gets me soothed. plus it's inexpensive (especially when compared to the Skylanders rampage i went on in 2011-12).

the game seemed too weak for a dungeon crawler, even for my taste, so i won't be purchasing the full version. it's really just a cutesy entry-level version of the genre for younger kids.

Edited by bomberpunk

Currently playing Zelda: A Link between Worlds. Enjoying it.

Ah yes. This Zelda title is very enjoyable. I'm glad I bought it myself awhile back. Now if I could just pry Animal Crossing: New Leaf out of the cartridge slot, I might actually play other games....maybe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i played through the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity demo last night, which lasts about an hour. i tried the demo out mainly for two reasons: one, i like dungeon crawlers; and two, every now and then i need to play a Pokemon title because i have a bit of a hoarding disorder and found that finding/collecting all these little bastards gets me soothed. plus it's inexpensive (especially when compared to the Skylanders rampage i went on in 2011-12).

the game seemed too weak for a dungeon crawler, even for my taste, so i won't be purchasing the full version. it's really just a cutesy entry-level version of the genre for younger kids.

I don't know if it's for the same reason, but the 3DS Pokémon roguelike didn't do it for me either. I liked the regular DS predecessor. To me that one had a better set up.

I have been on a STREETPASS kick ever since I figured out how the heck it works. :lol:

No but seriously, if you haven't messed around with the Streetpass feature on the 3DS you definitely need to. It's a lot of fun. Just close up your 3DS while it's still on and travel around with it. Your steps build up play coins, and hopefully you meet up with other 3DS's. If you live in a rural area, you can often find a "Nintendo Zone" (usually in the local Mcdonalds) that will give you a number of hits. Or if you're really into it, you can create your own but that's another story. Good fun, and the games you can buy for it if you want are great. Else, you can just enjoy getting the cool pictures.

Edited by NE146

Oh, I know, but look at how long it takes Nintendo to release digital downloads overseas! They're worse procrastinators than I am!

I remember reading a news post from WayForward a while back, saying that CGB Shantae had been submitted and approved a long time ago, and they were just waiting for Nintendo to actually release it.

Mario Picross was a Club Nintendo reward last month. So spent 100 of my hard earned coins for it.. Its just a port of the Gameboy game of course, but I love picross, and am addicted to this game of course.. I'm almost finished with it. I don't know how much it is on the E-shop normally, but it's a fun pick up and play game. Glad to have it on the 3ds, so i can boot it up any old time.

Mario Picross was a Club Nintendo reward last month. So spent 100 of my hard earned coins for it..

I love the Picross games.. probably worth checking out Picross e2 and e3. They're really bare bones, but if you dug GB Mario Picross (and have finished Picross DS) they're good enough. :)

I'm a little more stingy with my Nintendo coins though.. considering they end up costing about $1 - $1.33 per coin if you do it the expected way and buy new games/systems for them. So even 100 coins is almost like a hundred+ bucks vs. the $4 Mario Picross costs if you buy it directly. But then again I also knew some GS employees who would snag unused codes from sold/returned games or otherwise, and to them the coins were nothing to use freely. :lol:

I'm a little more stingy with my Nintendo coins though.. considering they end up costing about $1 - $1.33 per coin if you do it the expected way and buy new games/systems for them. So even 100 coins is almost like a hundred+ bucks vs. the $4 Mario Picross costs if you buy it directly. But then again I also knew some GS employees who would snag unused codes from sold/returned games or otherwise, and to them the coins were nothing to use freely. :lol:

Yea, I rarely remember to put in the codes, let alone use the coins. I don't feel like I wasted them. I don't want any of the collectible physical items. And I love Picross, it was kind of a no brainer for me.

I have Picross 3D on the DS also, a bit of a different take.. Haven't play more than a couple boards just yet tho.

I'm a little more stingy with my Nintendo coins though.. considering they end up costing about $1 - $1.33 per coin if you do it the expected way and buy new games/systems for them.

Yeah, but you've already bought the games, it's not like you paid for just the coins. I like the free digital games, most of the other prizes don't really interest me.

Yeah, but you've already bought the games, it's not like you paid for just the coins. I like the free digital games, most of the other prizes don't really interest me.

I would tend to agree.. those wii remote holders are umm.. something else.. :lol: The best prize though was by far the Game and Watch Reproduction. That one was worth saving coins for. That said you can probably also buy it on ebay for about 50 bucks. :lol: They also do have limited runs of unique physical items but you have to be on top of it, because when they show up they soon run out.

How is that game? I suppose I should actually play the demo for Bravely Default and see for myself...Still playing New Leaf, but I'm getting "back into" Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. New Leaf is taking all my 3DS time..ah well, I would have bought the system just for that game alone.