IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

Pokemon Y, one of my friend wants me to get monster hunter, but I don't know about that, isn't it just another pokemon game?

I thought the same thing, but it's not like Pokemon at all =) As the title states, you are literally hunting monsters. You hunt them down, and then kill them, and skin them and cut parts off of them...it's a little grisly.

It seems neat, but the controls are really stupid. The camera doesn't automatically follow you if you turn left or right (unless there's an option for it that I didn't see), so you have to rotate it manually using the touch screen.

How is that game? I suppose I should actually play the demo for Bravely Default and see for myself...

At first I thought you were asking how Centipede Infestation was, but reading further, now I'm not so sure...

This one has been on my list for a while... NEEDS it.. Love Diablo..

The first 15 minutes almost felt like it wasn't going to be any good but after I leveled and got used to the menu system it rocked. :P

Its not perfect but it has a lot of depth and some strategy. The graphics are like a PSP game basically but the game is fun to play. Very addicting. I only paid 20 bucks for it.

• Like 1

The first 15 minutes almost felt like it wasn't going to be any good but after I leveled and got used to the menu system it rocked. :P

Its not perfect but it has a lot of depth and some strategy. The graphics are like a PSP game basically but the game is fun to play. Very addicting. I only paid 20 bucks for it.

Nice! I have some Amazon credit... I may snag that..

That's how I felt when I played the demo. Maybe I should give it a second chance, if it gets better.

Yeah, I definitely thought I wasn't going to like it but it gets better.

I call it a "cheezy" Diablo clone.

:P

At 15-20 bucks I think it's worth it. You can zone out and play it all day. Its one of those simple games you can come back to weeks later and pick up where you left off.

• Like 1

i'm playing an older DS title called Monster Tale. it's a cutesy Metroidvania game made by Majesco, using the same type of art design found in the Wii remake of A Boy And His Blob.

i'm actually having a bit of trouble with this title; i find myself going in circles because the game doesn't hint at what you need to DO, only where your next destination is (via map screen). i'm still having fun though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Link Between Worlds is pretty damn good, IMO. I haven't gotten back to it in awhile, but the gameplay is pretty spot on.

I'm in the same situation. Good game, but it kinda fizzled once I bought everything there is to buy. Either the dungeons don't have the same care put into their design as the SNES/GB games, or I'm just too old for these.

I'm having the most fun just fighting streetpass shadow Links, but all you get is now-worthless rupees for it. Might as well sell bees.

Edited by Rex Dart
  • Like 1

Either the dungeons don't have the same care put into their design as the SNES/GB games, or I'm just too old for these.

Not just you, I think the dungeons could have been better, but at least they're not as bad as the BSX Ancient Stone Tablets.

Although I suppose they deserve some credit, as I was playing one of the GBC Zeldas briefly the other day, and walked up to a wall and pressed A and nothing happened =)

I'm having the most fun just fighting streetpass shadow Links, but all you get is now-worthless rupees for it. Might as well sell bees.

There's a cave in the dark world, near the giant bomb flower where you can throw away all of your rupees. I haven't finished throwing all of mine away yet =)

But yeah, the poor rupee economy was a real let-down after Skyward Sword had finally fixed it!

I think upcoming purchases will include RE:Mercs...

Get Revelations instead. I found Mercenaries for $5, but I don't know if I'd pay much more than that for it. The rendering engine is very ugly, everything's got t his greenish 16-bit-color look to it.