IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

Still playing through Mario 3D Land, World 6 now. Difficulty is ramping up... the World 5 boss was pretty hard for me. Some of those star coins are hidden pretty well.

I forgot to mention my disrespect for the Invincibility leaf and P wing. I got a pwing on the world 5 boss level and picked it up just to see what it was. When I read the description I was appalled. An item that directly takes you to the end of a level... seriously?

Yeah, they've been trying to integrate features into their games for casual players, to help hold their hand.

In NSMB2, I tried the invincibility leaf just to see what it was, and now I just ignore it whenever it pops up.

In New Super Mario 3D World, it actually hurts as much as it helps, since it's too easy to accidentally kill enemies you need to get collectables.

The 3DS Zelda games have stuff too, and I think DKCR. And a lot of games, you can ask for help via Miiverse.

I just wish the OoT remake had an option to disable Navi. Wind Waker gets a new sail and revised Triforce quest (which never bothered me that much), and Majora's Mask is getting annoyance tweaks, but Navi remains unscathed. Time had certainly dulled my memory of just how incredibly annoying she really was...and still is >_<

Edited by Asaki

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I'm currently playing Snake Eater on the 3DS, but I interrrupted this yesterday to try the Code Name S.T.E.A.M demo. And well - I'm sold! Think Valkyria Chronicles on the 3DS, within a steampunk scenery :)

I only thought camera controls were somewhat annoying, but that's probably remedied by the new 3DS, which has analog input for the right hand I think.

• Like 2

Actually I'm currently playing Snake Eater on the 3DS, but I interrrupted this yesterday to try the Code Name S.T.E.A.M demo. And well - I'm sold! Think Valkyria Chronicles on the 3DS, within a steampunk scenery :)

I only thought camera controls were somewhat annoying, but that's probably remedied by the new 3DS, which has analog input for the right hand I think.

Oh my goodness a Valkyria Chronicles type game on 3DS? I must try it!

Still playing Fantasy Life on my wifes 3DS. She bought the island DLC cause she beat the main storyline and is now doing that while I'm wayy behind and haven't even gotten close to halfway of finishing the main story.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing Majora's Mask quite a bit.. to me, it's 100% better on a portable platform where I can close the 3DS and pick it up later and never turn it off for months. I couldn't really do that on the N64 where I'd have to be at the TV to play, and then shut it down when done. So I gave up probably around the 3rd dungeon to be honest. Looking forward to finally beating it. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D has not been turned off since I got it digitally. I've been trying to catch up to where I left off on the Wii version. I am finding a lot more quests, and being a lot more attentive to my affinity this time, so it's going a bit slower than last time - and I only got 50% through with 60 hours of game played on that last attempt. I am enjoying it, but the port is a bit shoddy. Very blurry UI elements and textures as a whole. Draw distance is still nice, and the gameplay is not affected much. Still recommended, but not the best version of Xenoblade for sure.

After losing interest in 'Luigis Mansion 2' fast, I'm now trying 'Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask'. First dozen riddles were okay, but the story is quite boring so far, kinda like the one of 'Rhythm Thief'. Riddles are definitely better than rhythm minigames though ;)