IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

Right now, focused in on Bravely Second: End Layer and still trying to balance out my team. I need to grind for better equipment for awhile and try to raise my guys up to level 20.

On a side note, Pokemon Sun and Moon (due to release in November of this year) looks promising and is on my to get list for the end of the year. Dragons Quest VII is also on my end of the year radar...

Wondering about E3 this year and what Nintendo will discuss besides the New Zelda game...

I got my 3DS out again, and I have to say, I kind-of miss this thing. I never played much as I never got too into all the games I bought, but looking over the library again, I think I'm going to give it a 2nd shot.

To go with the thread, it's VVVVVV again for me. I keep coming back to this little game and love it - I can beat the main story in a few hours at this point, but the user-made levels I'm getting around to and it's fun stuff. No idea what else to say.

With getting more games, I already have a preorder on one, the port of Corpse Party, as I like the PSP/PC one and the PC-9801 original is good fun, too. I think next time I'm out and about I'll look at getting some more games for the system.

• Like 1

It seems my usage of the new 3DS XL has increased in the last few weeks, trying to squeeze in game time whenever I have a few minutes or more. Still sucked in to Bravely Second right now, grinding out levels and job levels to work on the next boss fight.

However, putting Bravely aside, I go back to FE: Awakenings from time to time and Paper Mario as well.

Despite "trying" to divert my attention away from Bravely Second, I can't seem to pull myself away from this game, albeit for a brief surge of Diablo III on the Xbox 360. I keep grinding away and trying to obtain more pg.

Not 3DS.. but I just snagged DS Chrono Trigger, FFIII and FFIV off Amazon since they were cheap. Yeah I've played them all before.. and yeah, flashcarts, etc. But 1. I also like having originals. and 2. To me RPG's work better on a dedicated cart since I take so long to play them, and it removes the chance of my own user error in deleting files, etc. :lol:

• Like 1

.. and yeah, flashcarts, etc. But 1. I also like having originals. and 2. To me RPG's work better on a dedicated cart since I take so long to play them, and it removes the chance of my own user error in deleting files, etc. :lol:

3. R4s that let you run DS ROMs on a 3DS are clones and will probably damage your devices =/

I bought one, thinking it would be great to have SDHC support, and it blew a fuse or two in my DS phat. I can't even imagine what it would do to my 3DS, I stopped using it there.

I've been playing the Sega 3D Classics Collection a lot lately. Have you guys read about how much work they put into these games? As far as I know it's unprecedented and it shows an enormous amount of love for their history. They basically designed a whole new Sega console that was backwards-compatible with the Genesis and then emulated it for these games. They also documented the process of creating these 3D ports/remasters with extensive blog posts. I linked to one of them already, but they can all be found here.There are four huge pages of them (I linked to the first page) and (if you have the time) they're really interesting to read.

Have you guys read about how much work they put into these games?

Yeah, I did. I liked the article so much, I decided to buy the Sonic games...otherwise I would've just gotten the Super Scaler arcade games.

I haven't bought the Collection though...not sure if I want to when I already own some of the games, even though some of them are exclusive.

3. R4s that let you run DS ROMs on a 3DS are clones and will probably damage your devices =/

I bought one, thinking it would be great to have SDHC support, and it blew a fuse or two in my DS phat. I can't even imagine what it would do to my 3DS, I stopped using it there.

Umm I been using my R4 on my DSi ..I have No Problem

Umm I been using my R4 on my DSi ..I have No Problem

An original, or a clone?

I never had any problem with my original R4. My clone is an R4i RTS from r4ids.cn, I looked it up and it sounds like it's a pretty common problem.

Edited by Asaki

Just picked up Project X Zone 2 for cheap.....may not play it for a bit though, been playing around with Fire Emblem Birthright, not sure I like the idea of splitting up the games, so for the whole experience its over $100. I paid 70 or so for the special edition so I feel good about it.

I mean I have R4i RTS for the 3DS, But I use it on my DSi

Idunno, my DS phat was fine until I got the R4i. Now I can't access the setup menu, and I wouldn't be able to load games if I didn't have autoboot enabled.

I really liked using the DS as an alarm clock, and for whatever reason, 3DS removed the feature =(

huh? What do you see when you start up your DS Phat without the R4 inserted?

I've had absolutely zero problems with flashcarts.. ever. Even back to the day we had to friggin short our DS's with a screwdriver for them to work :lol:

Edited by NE146

What do you see when you start up your DS Phat without the R4 inserted?

It used to load up like regular, but it would freeze if you tried going to the settings screen...so I tried taking the battery out and power cycling it...now it loads up the "Nintendo DS" screen, then fades away to white, and freezes.

Even back to the day we had to friggin short our DS's with a screwdriver for them to work :lol:

That's just for softmodding the DS's firmware so you can run DS software from a Slot-2 flash cart without needing a "key". I did that for my friend once, who didn't have a slot-1 card.

Idunno, maybe I just got a bad card, or maybe my phat was just past its time...but it still makes me nervous about using that R4 in my N3DS.

I mean, it's nice being able to play DS homebrew and ROMs on my 3DS, but is it worth the risk?

Edited by Asaki