IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

...though I feel like the 3DS version does a little more hand holding than the original.

As far as I know, all of that handholding was always there >_<

One thing I did forget, though, is how SLOOOOOW the text speed is in the original USA OoT. Yikes.

I don't remember OoT on 3DS being any different than the N64 game outside of accommodation for the lens of truth and the updated visuals and audio. The core script and pathing had no updates of any value to change anything. The game always nagged you every time you got some item even money and got old pretty fast.

The Water Temple was eased.

https://zeldauniverse.net/2011/05/14/ocarina-of-time-3ds-improved-water-temple/

The cosmetic differences to help guide the player and the ease of changing boots with the 3DS touch screen helped the experience a lot. I suppose the former is a bit of hand holding, but it's very slight and a welcome change.

Edited by Atariboy

Bumping this thread on up because I got a Galaxy Style New 3DS XL for Christmas and am currently playing The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D. It's been probably a decade since I last played Ocarina of Time (on the GameCube's The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition) and it's still just as wonderful as ever, though I feel like the 3DS version does a little more hand holding than the original. It's still a great game nevertheless though, and it looks astounding in 3D. :)

I got my wife a Galaxy Style New 3DS XL as well to replace her aging 2DS that she frickin' wore out. She plays Tamodachi(sp) Life probably more than anything else right now.

I've been pecking away at Pokemon Ultra Sun- I've got about 34 hours in it I think.

• Like 1

I got my wife a Galaxy Style New 3DS XL as well to replace her aging 2DS that she frickin' wore out. She plays Tamodachi(sp) Life probably more than anything else right now.

I've been pecking away at Pokemon Ultra Sun- I've got about 34 hours in it I think.

It is a lovely system, and oddly enough I just got Pokémon Ultra Sun yesterday as well. Once I started playing it I've hardly been able to put it down and have logged about 8 hours in it over the last day. :lol: The last Pokémon game I played before this was Black on my old DS Lite and I love all the changes they've made. The Pokémon Refresh system really makes it feel like your companions are really living creatures with wants and needs of their own rather than just EV crunching statistic machines. It's changed the whole way I approach the game and made me care a lot more about making sure my team of Pokémon are all happy instead of just trying to make sure they have the best stats possible, and it's definitely increased my enjoyment of the game exponentially.

• Like 1

The most recent 3DS game I picked up was the Metroid remake... eh. I dunno. I'm just not super compelled to sit down and play it. It's decent, but nothing more than decent.

Yeah, I've really been on the fence about picking it up. I did love Metroid 2 a lot, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing the heck outta Samus Returns until I got to the final boss and I simply cannot survive it! I got frustrated and put it away about a month ago. Now all I'm playing on my 3ds is Pokemon Shuffle and still clearing out floors on the monster manor game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't usually go for digital download games, but I've been playing 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 this week and it's great! The emulation is spot on, the 3D effects are very well done, and the addition of save states make it really convenient for playing off and on whenever I have a few minutes of free time. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing Metroid 2 back in Sept? when it came out as I got it on release day. Played it for a week and then my son decided to get into some 3DS gaming... he started playing random games and then he started playing Pokémon Moon (which he got for Christmas 2016)... well that was the end of my 3DS gaming. lol He's been playing that and he recently picked up Pokémon Omega Ruby because he wants more Pokémon. I think my 3DS is gone now. lol

I did pick up Ultimate NES Remix yesterday in the vain hopes that I will get to sneak in some games on it. lol

I've been thinking about getting NES Remix for the 3DS...I already have both volumes on the WiiU, and it has more games, but it also has really bad input lag, which kind of renders the game literally unplayable, since the whole purpose is to complete challenges with the best score possible =|

About a month or so ago I picked up a new 2DS XL Pikachu edition with a few games. So far, Miitopia hasn't left the cartridge slot, followed closely by Pokemon Ultra Sun. Great portable system in general. I really need to stop letting the Gamestop guys talk me into stuff...I'm such a pushover. :P

I gave up on Pokemon Shuffle. It's not long before you get to stages that are impossible to beat without using items, which you have to either pay or grind for. Ehhh, it's so much easier and more enjoyable to just play the real Puzzle Quest instead.

...even if there are no online rankings... ¬_¬

In other news, Steamworld Dig 2 is pretty great, but my B button is starting to crap out =(

I'm starting to run out of steam on Animal Crossing New Leaf. I never got deep into this version but I have to say as mayor you get taken for a ride. Aside from paying off my house, I need to fund public works projects or they won't get done. Then I find if I want items from the camp, I need tickets. Then I make my way to the island and find I need to earn medals to buy cool stuff there. It's no longer a relaxing game for me as I now have to figure out what takes priority to pay off in what little time I have to play.

I play the money split-up game in real life with real money, I don't want to do that in this cutesy escape game. If I wanted that, I'd play Sim City. At least there I can tax my residents and if I get bored sic a disaster on my creation.