IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked was discounted to 12€ this week in the European eShop, so I just couldn't resist getting it, considering that cartridges still go for >40€ :)

Halfway into it I'm totally hooked by this one, I think I'll have to get the cartridge as well now in order to add it to my 3DS collection :)

Finished Pokemon X a couple days ago.. Great game, although a bit too easy. Looking forward to Omega Ruby..

In the meantime, I started Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Still very early in the game, but its great! Not what I was expecting at all..

• Like 1

Just got Mario 3D Land. Great so far, only complaint is that it seems very short. Only 5 levels per world? Seems like it will go by too quick.

Its been awhile since I played it, but if I remember correctly, if you are just trying to beat it the game does go pretty quick. I think I did it in about 1 week of casual playing.

I didn't go for all the coins/etc, which is a shame since I can barely remember the game now. I should pick it up again and spend more time with it.

I spent a TON of time grinding XP, how necessary it was, I don't know. I was pretty close to max level by the end of the game. It really depends on how well you distribute the xp points.. You can get away with being low level if you're smart with them.. (I was not).

Okay, I have MAXED attack and defense!

post-9102-0-19769400-1418988505_thumb.jpg

If you could do it all over again what would you max out next?

I get about 5 minutes per part I machine here at work that I can play, I can't do anything that requires too much thought since I have to watch the machine but I can totally grind through a quick scene for XP :) I did it for Shin Megami IV and made my characters absolutely insane, lol

Edited by Crazy Climber
  • Like 2

Just got Mario 3D Land. Great so far, only complaint is that it seems very short. Only 5 levels per world? Seems like it will go by too quick.

I second this game being awesome. It's short...and even with my limited gaming skills I don't have too much trouble with it.

• Like 1

Okay, I have MAXED attack and defense!

attachicon.gifmaxed.jpg

If you could do it all over again what would you max out next?

I get about 5 minutes per part I machine here at work that I can play, I can't do anything that requires too much thought since I have to watch the machine but I can totally grind through a quick scene for XP :) I did it for Shin Megami IV and made my characters absolutely insane, lol

I would pump what you have left into Mind & Piety, Mind first. That's your magical Defense & Offense stat.. Final bits of the game (Final Boss) uses a lot of magic, so it would be a good idea to boost you Magic defense.. Solange's Magic attack is no slouch either.. That's just what I would do tho..

Vitality would be good also, to beef up your HP.

Edited by doomwaves

Its been awhile since I played it, but if I remember correctly, if you are just trying to beat it the game does go pretty quick. I think I did it in about 1 week of casual playing.

I didn't go for all the coins/etc, which is a shame since I can barely remember the game now. I should pick it up again and spend more time with it.

It definitely seems that way. The got all the coins in world 1 without too much trouble, seems like they hide them much better in world 2.

Tomodachi Life is still sucking me in every once in awhile as well. Animal Crossing: New Leaf has gone back to it's case and is staying there for now. I loved the series, don't get me wrong, but I think it's time to move past it now and see what else is out there.

I just upgraded from my 3DS (small) to a New 3DS XL. Loving it with the exception of one thing. The location of the power button!

When playing RPG's during cutscenes / heavy text sections, I'll relax and hold my system one handed, using my ring finger to prop it up at the bottom, and my thumb tapping A to continue. Where I'm used to my ring finger going is now the position of the power button.

Just gave Pokemon Omega Ruby a good play for 4.5 hours, and accidentally hit the power button.

I never saved. Not once.

Ouch. :(

Just started having a blast with Super Smash Bros. I couldn't pick it up on release day, but wanted to get myself a Christmas present. Went to Gamestop and they didn't have any, so I went over to Best Buy and they had a few in stock. Managed to get the softcover strategy guide as well, so I'm pretty happy. Probably going to snag an Amiibo Mario and leave him in the package for now until they come out with the accessory for the 3DS to actually use him in game.

I've played the demo, but I have to say Smash is better than I expected and IMO one of the best Smash games in the series.

Steve

Smash on 3DS is excellent! I only wish the online was better. It's very inconsistent with the lag. Some battles are perfect, others can be near unplayable.

Also, it can feel a little slow going from the WiiU version back to the 3DS.

Since I don't have a Wii U, no problem, but I have seen the game in the stores on the Wii U, and it is FAST. The only lag I have experienced so far is on the Pac Man stage. Things seem to slow down and speed up regularly..not sure what the problem is, but the other stages play fine. I've been spending time online watching other players around the world fight and betting on them. lol I'm not ready to engage these guys and girls.......Mario is my favorite character, so I'm working with him to trounce the computer players first. But I've earned some good coinage on my bets in the last couple of days. :D

Picked up Legend Zelda OOT 3D in anticipation of MM coming this year! Still $40 used at Gamestop, but they had their buy 2 get 1 free sale this past weekend, so I bit the bullet..

Also Grabbed Persona Q & Animal Crossing New Leaf..

I have no idea which one I will be jumping into..

• Like 1

I had Fire Emblem Awakening sitting on the shelf the whole year, but now the winter vacation is finally the perfect time to play this :D

As a FE vet I'm playing on hard mode (but without permadeath) and made it to chapter 5 so far. Adjusting my tried and trusted FE strategies to the new 'stand close to a friend' objective feels quite refreshing, albeit I'm really missing the Laguz units and it seems the Pagasi/Wyvern riders got incredibly nerfed - gone are their death from above swoop in/out attacks once again. What I really love is the "Optimize Equipment" functionality. That really saves tons of funless micro-management :)

• Like 1

I had Fire Emblem Awakening sitting on the shelf the whole year, but now the winter vacation is finally the perfect time to play this :D

As a FE vet I'm playing on hard mode (but without permadeath) and made it to chapter 5 so far. Adjusting my tried and trusted FE strategies to the new 'stand close to a friend' objective feels quite refreshing, albeit I'm really missing the Laguz units and it seems the Pagasi/Wyvern riders got incredibly nerfed - gone are their death from above swoop in/out attacks once again. What I really love is the "Optimize Equipment" functionality. That really saves tons of funless micro-management :)

Excellent!

By end game, both of the Pegasus Riders I used were indeed Death from above in Awakening.

• Like 1

.......more Smash.....augh, this game is addictive. Particularly enjoying the "spectator" mode where you can bet on the outcome. Horrible addiction to gold coin spending! I had started Pokemon Omega Ruby, but it's sitting idle since I can't seem to get enough Smash Bros. :(