IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

Been revisiting Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon to wrap up a few loose ends and I'm about 1/3 of the way through Super Mario 3D Land.

Luigi's Mansion is such an impressive 3DS game. I hope this one ends up being remastered someday alongside the GameCube original. Super Mario 3D Land hasn't hooked me yet, but it usually takes reaching the later levels before that happens with Mario platformers. I'm only in world 3, so it's still early.

Especially if it has bonus worlds like Super Mario 3D World had, much remains to be seen with it (Which I really hope this one does, since each world isn't exactly filled with stages to do so far).

• 2 months later...

Want to play Dillion's Dead-Heat Breakers, but do not want to pay $40 for a digital download game. Oh Nintendo, why must you release physical copies of interesting games in Japan and Europe but not North America.

Right now the only thing I'm actually playing on my 3DS is my daily venture into Find Mii II in the StreetPass Mii Plaza. I've been kinda distracted by the Wii and Sega Genesis lately and should probably go buy a new 3DS game to play next month. Detective Pikachu looks pretty quirky and fun.

• Like 2

Want to play Dillion's Dead-Heat Breakers, but do not want to pay $40 for a digital download game. Oh Nintendo, why must you release physical copies of interesting games in Japan and Europe but not North America.

Right now the only thing I'm actually playing on my 3DS is my daily venture into Find Mii II in the StreetPass Mii Plaza. I've been kinda distracted by the Wii and Sega Genesis lately and should probably go buy a new 3DS game to play next month. Detective Pikachu looks pretty quirky and fun.

my poor 3ds has been neglected- it probably has a thin layer of dust in the bedroom. ;)

i've been distracted equally by XBox and the 2600. maybe i should restart my Link Between Worlds game and actually try to friggin' finish it, lol

• Like 1

I picked up my 3DS for the first time in a while ... especially since I got my old-person glasses.

HOLY MACARONI

I can see the 3D effect much better now, and it doesn't give me a headache, and it looks really cool!

I want to play more Xevious.

i need a new pair of old-person glasses- my script has changed and my current bifocals give me a headache.

Fairly recently I got back into using a 3DS after a very long time. It was seriously weird and I had even tried to talk myself into selling it 2-3x before that but glad I didn't. All it took was a blind dumb deal buy of Pokemon Ultra Sun for $20 to do it. I figured I'd see how it evolved since crappy X and Heart Silver before that. So played out and repetitive boringness with no real changes to format or style. Than boom, Ultra Sun, it's a real JRPG finally. A persistent story, no asinine gyms and wash rinse repeat canned battles. You have islands, areas, totem (beefed up) pokemon, various captains that challenge you, and there is an island leader as well but no real dedicated gym re-runs. The game actually has solid encouragement and style the others have lacked ever. What once worked on me with Red(or FireRed lesser degree later) and Pokemon Yellow due to TV ties, I was finished with, but this one I can actually pick up and not loathe after 5-10hours. I do know I'll have Ys next month on Switch, and whenever SNK Heroines and Dark Souls drop I'll get them too. Other than that I'm just taking it easy and not overwhelming myself. Randomly I'll throw the GB around, PS1 even, a little mix up here or there to keep the spice in it around netflix bingeing. :)

Want to play Dillion's Dead-Heat Breakers, but do not want to pay $40 for a digital download game. Oh Nintendo, why must you release physical copies of interesting games in Japan and Europe but not North America.s Mii Plaza. I've been kinda distracted by the Wii and Sega Genesis lately and should probably go buy a new 3DS game to play next month. Detective Pikachu looks pretty quirky and fun.

Yeah, same here =/

...although on the other hand, Nintendo were nice enough to give me the first two games for free... ­¬_¬

Club Nintendo, RIP :(

Best thing Club NIntendo was ever good for were the yearly good prizes, those 2 overly small DS G&W releases, and then when they started to cheap out in the last years the nice digital downloads. I've got that 3DS DKC game as a download. I used to have all the other platinum prizes but they just rotted so I ended up only keeping the ? block box with Mario cast trophy and the real Ball G&W. The hat, pin set, cards, all outta here, same with that Luigi's Mansion 2 trophy too.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon just came out, so I bought it and will probably play it later tonight.

It's an Inti-Creates NES style spinoff of the upcoming Bloodstained game (Iga's new Castlevania title, without the Konami trademarks).

Luigi's Mansion is such an impressive 3DS game. I hope this one ends up being remastered someday alongside the GameCube original.

I heard they're remaking the original for 3DS.

Best thing Club NIntendo was ever good for were the yearly good prizes, those 2 overly small DS G&W releases, and then when they started to cheap out in the last years the nice digital downloads.

I got the mushroom messenger bag because a bunch of my points were expiring, and I got a few poster sets, but after that, I got a whole ton of eShop goodies. I probably grabbed most of them right before the service shut down.

...and then a few weeks later, I was digging around the basement, and found a whole bunch of points that I had misplaced =|

Edited by Asaki

Not bad. I tapped out so many points, but towards the end I was able to get a couple pouches after the big yearly prize stuff and 3DS DKC when it went digital. I had grabbed that red/gray reverseable handheld pouch, and the last was the 8bit Zelda green/black pouch. Both of them are and always have been used to house Gameboy stuff. My user DMG is in the red/gray one and my basically unused glacier gba sits in the other.

I recently tried replaying Crush 3D, a rather slick puzzle/platform game. My hands cramped up so bad the 3DS is now in a box of things for my nephew.

:ponder: after typing that, I recall I had the same issue with a Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP that I was able to solve using a snap-on grip... Hmm, I have the original XL model, looks like most of the grips available are for the Newer style... Aha! Found one and it's on order.

• Like 1

I recently tried replaying Crush 3D, a rather slick puzzle/platform game. My hands cramped up so bad the 3DS is now in a box of things for my nephew.

:ponder: after typing that, I recall I had the same issue with a Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP that I was able to solve using a snap-on grip... Hmm, I have the original XL model, looks like most of the grips available are for the Newer style... Aha! Found one and it's on order.

That's a good grip and I think I know of the one you probably saw for the New3DS XL as I have it. Similar bracket, different company, and it has grips that are barely squishy smooth kind of like a ps3/4 or switch/wiiu pro controller. It makes the thing for games that really need to use L/R far more comfortable for long play.