IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

i'm 12+ hours into Theatrythm: Final Fantasy. this game made me realize the battery life on the 3DS is goddamn annoying. i've got all S-ranks in every basic course, and about halfway through getting S-ranks in the Expert courses. i also bought 3 DLC tracks (at 99 cents each) for the FF1 & FF2 songs. i usually don't do DLC but i love me some FF Origins.

i bought Code of Princess as well, as it is a spiritual successor to the classic Guardian Heroes. the 3DS title is even led by the same guy(s) who did GH. plus you get to play as a hot almost-naked chick with a huge....sword.

Edited by bomberpunk

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I really liked one of the Oracle games, but I can't remember which one it was.

The other one was cool too, but felt a little more tedious, and a little less oldschool.

Only a week left before Animal Crossing comes out \m/ I have a feeling I will still owe Tom Nook a lot of bells in Wild World before then... =X Looks like I'm down to 351,967 still to go.

I'm playing Infinite Space, and thanking my lucky stars that my girlfriend spotted it in a used game store a year and a half back and grabbed it for me complete for twenty bucks. Looking around the internets, it appears that this game now routinely commands prices in excess of a hundred bucks. Is it just me or is this rapidly becoming the Earthbound of DS RPGs?

i bought Code of Princess as well, as it is a spiritual successor to the classic Guardian Heroes. the 3DS title is even led by the same guy(s) who did GH. plus you get to play as a hot almost-naked chick with a huge....sword.

What did you think of Code of Princess?

At first I thought it was awesome (until I beat it), then I thought it was a bit average.. The story is funny as hell the first time through, and the gameplay works. However, on the second time through, that feeling was completely lost on me.. I was hoping there would be variety in playing through other characters' stories, but nope.. It was all the same, albeit the different character abilities. D'oh!...

I liked CoP, though I haven't gotten too far into it. Was kind of disappointed how bad the framerate is, though. It gets a little better if you turn the 3D off, but still not very smooth.

Not that I haven't played worse, but it's just weird, considering how little it's rendering.

I'm actually playing Zelda Spirit Tracks via a Flash Cart. I have the original game, got about 80% through but never finished it due to lack of interest.

However, playing it now on a flashcart I can address all my original annoyances like the train speed (I set it to double speed). Also giving infinite health to the train so I don't have to worry about "fighting" bad guys while on the tracks. Also I cheated to get all the treasure & train pieces at once.. the whole "collecting" to upgrade your train always seemed monotonous and silly to me. Just gimme the darn trains and lemme play the core game. Now I'm having a great time. :)

• Like 1

What did you think of Code of Princess?

At first I thought it was awesome (until I beat it), then I thought it was a bit average.. The story is funny as hell the first time through, and the gameplay works. However, on the second time through, that feeling was completely lost on me.. I was hoping there would be variety in playing through other characters' stories, but nope.. It was all the same, albeit the different character abilities. D'oh!...

i still haven't gotten to it yet!

I like the 3DS XL. Its got a really nice screen and feels good when gaming.

I like mine, but going from a regular fat DS to a 3DS XL, my hands aren't real used to it, and cramp up pretty quickly from the d-pad placement. Some games I'll use the analogue instead, just because it's less uncomfortable.

Also, my Y button is crapping out already =( Or maybe the X button? Whichever one lets you run in Super Mario 3D Land. I ended up having to get used to using the other run button instead (fortunately there are two).

However, playing it now on a flashcart I can address all my original annoyances...

I don't know about Spirit Tracks, but Phantom Hourglass had an AR code that let you use d-pad + buttons to control Link instead of having to rely on the touchscreen.

It was a little bit wonky, but better than nothing.

Edited by Asaki

my Y button is crapping out already =( Or maybe the X button? Whichever one lets you run in Super Mario 3D Land. I ended up having to get used to using the other run button instead (fortunately there are two).

If your XL is still relatively new, contact Nintendo support at Nintendo.com. If it's still under warranty they will fix that fast & free. One of my buttons completely stopped working, and that's exactly what they did.

I don't know about Spirit Tracks, but Phantom Hourglass had an AR code that let you use d-pad + buttons to control Link instead of having to rely on the touchscreen.

Yeah that's in there, however I actually don't mind the stylus controls on the Zelda DS games. :) However where a d-pad hack really comes nicely into play is on DS Starfox! Just my opinion of course

Did you keep all of your save data when they sent it back to you, or did they send you an all new 3DS and transfer over the data that they could.

Nothing is lost. And they just fix your 3DS.

They ask you to include your SD card when you send it in to them. Then when you get it back, your SD card is on a plastic bag inside the package box. I'm just mentioning it since I thought they had neglected to return my SD card at first. :lol:

Edited by NE146

Did you keep all of your save data when they sent it back to you, or did they send you an all new 3DS and transfer over the data that they could.

Nothing is lost. And they just fix your 3DS.

They ask you to include your SD card when you send it in to them. Then when you get it back, your SD card is on a plastic bag inside the package box. I'm just mentioning it since I thought they had neglected to return my SD card at first. :lol:

If I can put in my recent experience?

My XL's circle pad got stuck, too much yanking those ghosts in Luigi's Mansion I guess. I tried cleaning it with a brush to see if maybe a piece of dirt was stuck in there or something but no dice. So I used the warranty return site and followed their instructions. I did mention the circle pad probably just needs to be replaced.

Anyway, I sent them the XL and my SD card, not the stylus, not the carrying case, not the original box (they tell you not to). Purolator shipped it at Nintendo's cost so the repair didn't cost me a dime. A week later it was ready to pick up at Purolator.

Awesome right? Well ..... kinda. Nintendo did not repair my XL, they gave me a new one instead. The serial number was different, the protective screen was not on it, the small scratches mine had on it were not there, I know for a fact they did not repair my XL, they just swapped it for another one off the shelf and that's what they will do if you send yours in.

Now, the good news is they obviously copy the SD data encrypted for the new 3DS because all my saves we there, all my downloaded games were there and when I went to the eShop my current balance was correct.

The bad news is my SD card did not click into place in the new 3DS. I checked it in my laptop and it clicked just fine but I could not make this thing click into the 3DS. I was not impressed. Fortunately it was one of those mini-SD cards with an adapter

1GB-Micro-SD-Memory-Card-of-All-Kinds-of-Mobile-Phone.jpg

Lucky for me, I went and bought another, put my mini-SD memory card into the new adapter and it worked fine.

So, there we go, I hope this is helpful

...I know for a fact they did not repair my XL, they just swapped it for another one off the shelf and that's what they will do if you send yours in.

Now, the good news is they obviously copy the SD data encrypted for the new 3DS because all my saves we there, all my downloaded games were there and when I went to the eShop my current balance was correct.

Hmm, okay. I was reading Nintendo's site and they had me worried:

"When you send your Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system in for repair, Nintendo will strive to keep any saved data on your system intact. However, due to the nature of some problems, some saved data may not be recoverable after repairs are performed.

Some items that can't be backed up and may be lost:

Photos taken with and saved to the Nintendo 3DS

Sound recordings taken with and saved to the Nintendo 3DS

Save game files

Online connection settings"

Obviously I can back up my photos to my PC, but nobody wants to lose their game saves =/

...and all of my dirty Swapnotes!!

But Animal Crossing will be out soon, and then I won't want to be without my 3DS =/ I guess it will at least give me another week to try to try to pay off that fascist tanooki in Wild World.

Yeah that's in there, however I actually don't mind the stylus controls on the Zelda DS games. :)

I wouldn't mind using the stylus controls if the action was on the top screen, but I have a hard time seeing what I'm doing when the stylus and my hand are covering up half of the screen. I don't see why they couldn't just have optional button controls like Animal Crossing, or to be more relevant, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. I need to get back into that game, it was pretty cool.

But anyway, we're getting a little off topic ;)

I've been "grinding" some on Fire Emblem to get my characters high enough level to take on the DLC maps.... tough, tough enemies in these maps! Hopefully, I'll find enough time to finish Luigi's Mansion and then start Animal Crossing very soon.

I've been "grinding" some on Fire Emblem to get my characters high enough level to take on the DLC maps.... tough, tough enemies in these maps!

The first time I went through the DLC map where you get the wedding bouquet, it was a brutal experience.

I can't say I liked all the bonus characters offerred as rewards for doing most of the DLC missions. There didn't seem to be much point in using them in the game when they can't form friendship links and the second generation characters are so much better. Although I do suppose they're good if you're playing on classic mode and need to replenish a party that has sufferred a lot of casualties.