IGNORED

Seattle Video Game Stores - PAX Prime 2012

If you are visiting Seattle for PAX (the Penny Arcade Expo) or just for vacation, we have a bunch of independent locally owned retro video game stores for you to shop at. Here is a quick visual tour of them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGnS9UfMqJY

Google Map to Plan Your Trip:

https://maps.google....086928,2.463684

Questions or Comments? Let me know!

I really try to stay out of Seattle when I'm home. Luckily there are several retro game stores in the Tacoma and Federal Way areas to quench my retro game buying thirst

I get extremely jealous of the craigslist ads I see for the Tacoma/Federal Way/Puyallup area! People down there appear to have awesome garage sales!

I really try to stay out of Seattle when I'm home. Luckily there are several retro game stores in the Tacoma and Federal Way areas to quench my retro game buying thirst

I get extremely jealous of the craigslist ads I see for the Tacoma/Federal Way/Puyallup area! People down there appear to have awesome garage sales!

"Back in the day" the Tacoma area was a mecca for classic gaming goodness (15-20 years ago) as was Vancouver B.C. Got a big chunk of my classic gaming collection that way.

I agree with the comment about Seattle though. I go there out of necessity (1-2 times a year) and avoid it if at all possible.

Metal Jesus, I will have to have you and Paul over to my game lair some day in Sammamish.

Regards,

-GrizzLee

• Like 1

I've been to the Al's in Tacoma and Federal Way and, seeing Metal's video, it appears that they are all the same. It does seem like at first that that there is just a bunch of junk out but if you take the time to look they really do have a wide variety. I found boxed Jaguar and 3do games that were in great condition. I still kick myself for not picking the CIB copy of Captain Quazar I found. Prices are fair too, at least at the two stores I've been to. I've never been to the one in Seattle.

I've been to the Al's in Tacoma and Federal Way and, seeing Metal's video, it appears that they are all the same. It does seem like at first that that there is just a bunch of junk out but if you take the time to look they really do have a wide variety. I found boxed Jaguar and 3do games that were in great condition. I still kick myself for not picking the CIB copy of Captain Quazar I found. Prices are fair too, at least at the two stores I've been to. I've never been to the one in Seattle.

The trick with Al's Music is to look UNDER the main shelves where they keep really weird stuff for years. That where I found some pristine CIB Atari computer games and more...for only a couple bucks.

• Like 1

The trick with Al's Music is to look UNDER the main shelves where they keep really weird stuff for years. That where I found some pristine CIB Atari computer games and more...for only a couple bucks.

I agree it is definitely a store that rewards patience. The Jaguar and 3do games I found were stuffed in a milk crate and shoved high on a shelve not even with the rest of the games.

Btw keep up the good work with the videos. Good stuff.

Edited by GKC

HEY MAN, DON'T DIVULGE ALL THE SECRETS!!!!

(not that it matters to me--I only live 3,000 miles away. :D :lol: )

Nice.. I left Seattle in 2006 but still miss being there. One of my favorite places was the old Hi Score Arcade on Pine and the Atari tournaments they had.. although I was always more a silent observer. :)

Seems there's a few new stores there since I left. went to Pink Gorilla in the international district a few times but honestly I don't recall ever wanting anything in it.

I realize you're mentioning actual stores, but if Shorty's is still around (<edit>.. nice, it is: http://www.shortydog.com ),that's a great place to go for a bunch of Pinball and arcade games. I'd walk there from my old office during lunch to play some Defender. :lol:

Edited by NE146

I realize you're mentioning actual stores, but if Shorty's is still around (<edit>.. nice, it is: http://www.shortydog.com ),that's a great place to go for a bunch of Pinball and arcade games. I'd walk there from my old office during lunch to play some Defender. :lol:

This is the first I've heard of ShortyDog... that's cool!

I've been told it's worth venturing down to Tacoma and visit Dorky's Arcade & Bar. Supposed one of the largest in the area. But then again...it's in Tacoma and I rarely make it that far south.