IGNORED

i got called a liar

voltron

I left my first negative review. The person did not send me the item in the auction and sent a "cheaper" substitue. I tried contacting the person to resolve it and see if he could send the correct game. No answer, I emailed the person a total of three times, and my last one i sent an email stating that he did not mail the item in the auction and mailed something else. He finally replied and told me the reason he sent that one was bc the other one was "stolen" . Anyway i was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and leave a neutral review if he refunded them money. Well i startednto read hismnegative reviews from other clients that got different things and notice he had alsomtold other people their items got stolen. Well lkng story short, i did not leave a neutral review. Then he called me a liar bc he gave me a refund. lol the refund was partial was a partial refund and he charged me for the poor substitute which i didnt want.

Edited by voltron

Link to the auction? Let us know who the seller is so we'll know who to avoid

The guy uses the name jacobshobbies.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jacobshobbies&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

I also had a second item from him but after i asked about him sending a different item on the first one he cancelled the second item and unlisted it.

Edited by voltron

Had something similar happen earlier this year. Bought a Sega CD based upon the pic posted of a mint copy. What I received was nowhere near being the item the seller listed. Contacted the seller and he claimed "the game fell under his seat" while going to the post office to pack/send it to me. Yeah right! The f'ing case I received was cloudy, broken hinges and multiple cracks, unlike the one pictured in his ad. In the end I received a full refund and kept the game. The ebay scammers are running rampant, along with the retards who do not know how to pack a f'ing game properly...

You have to be careful buying games in auctions that only use a "Stock Photo". That is usually a warning signal and i try and stay away from those.

Agreed 100%. I also avoid any auctions with blurry or low quality images. If someone is too lazy to take decent photos of what they are selling, I cannot trust them to ship something properly.

You have to be careful buying games in auctions that only use a "Stock Photo". That is usually a warning signal and i try and stay away from those.

Agreed 100%. I also avoid any auctions with blurry or low quality images. If someone is too lazy to take decent photos of what they are selling, I cannot trust them to ship something properly.

not everyone has great cameras. i send stuff exactly as described but have a cell phone for pics. i also buy about 50% of my buys on stock photo items. i havent had a problem yet. only prob i ever had was i bought a sammy atomiswave arcade board for 750 dollars and the douche never sent it. i left neg feedback then he left really neg feedback saying beware that i was a scammer. paypal and ebay agreed with me. i got my money and he was banned.

not everyone has great cameras. i send stuff exactly as described but have a cell phone for pics. i also buy about 50% of my buys on stock photo items. i havent had a problem yet. only prob i ever had was i bought a sammy atomiswave arcade board for 750 dollars and the douche never sent it. i left neg feedback then he left really neg feedback saying beware that i was a scammer. paypal and ebay agreed with me. i got my money and he was banned.

Oh i have bought stuff in stock photos plenty of times, just not usually complete cib games. Certain things are okay and some aren't.

And you really have to be careful buying DS games since 90-99% of them are Hong Kong fakes and they all use stock photos.

Recently i been getting into collecting Rubik style puzzles and quite a few come from HK and use stock photos. So it just depends. I probably wouldn't if buying Intellivision games.

Wow, nice feedback on this guy. Avoid. :skull:

I was going to give a neutral feedback until i read another post where he told some one else the item mysteriously disappeared. Which was his excuse with me.. Then he cancelled my second item. i had two different purchases, after the first one was a cheap substitute and i asked about it? he cancelled my second item and delisted it.

That must have been a while ago, because as far as I know a seller can not leave anything but no feedback or positive feedback to buyers these days. Ebay put that policy in place back in 2009 or 2010 (I forget what year exactly).

It's a pity this guy proved to be unreliable: he actually has a big variety of games and ships worldwide... :(

Your assuming he has what he is listing. I did not get what was listed, and when i asked about it tomsee if it was a mistake he cancelled my secnd order. his reply was that it was stolen. If it was stolen why did you not contact me and told me that? Rather he took a cheap substitute and mailed that instead. After that i read some of the negative reviews where he shipped fakes, and also that he used the "it must have dissapeared" excuse before. That was my first negative review.

• 1 month later...

omg i got called a liar again! whats up with that? anyway i received another package. a small bubble envelope. i was like hmmm, im expecring 7 items, not one. i open the envelope and only one item, but was charged for 7 items. i contact seller to see if its an oversight, they say no. you got all your stuff. I reply by sending them a pict of the envelope and the listed weight. I told them all 7 items add up to a lot more weight than the listed weight in fact the listed wieght is exactly the same weight as one. of just the one item in the envelope , , therefore if you had sent all 7 the postage would have listed 7times the listed weight and the size of the envelope is to small to hold more than 2 items at best. he said no. anyway it was sent witth delivery confirmation which says delivered. So what to do? give up? no. i filed a cliam. submitted evidence the stamp listed wieght, i ask that they show how much they paid for postage, and see if it is enought to cover the weight of all 7 items. hmm i finally got a refund :)

I got similarly scammed a few years back on an Ewok Adventure repro cart. I managed to get it worked out (sent him his inoperable crap back and filed a dispute the same instant). but ever since then I always check feedback.

I also think it's funny, people got all bent out of shape about me instantly filing the dispute. To be frank, only an idiot doesn't immediately train the big guns on their problem. People who don't are the ones you hear saying things like "And he strung me along promising to send the item until after the dispute period was over. so now I'm out the money!"

I bought a Sega Game Gear game a few months ago that ticked me off. The pictures had a decent boxed copy of the game. Not just one stock photo but several pictures of the box on so on. I received a loose copy of the game with no manual. I contacted the seller and he told me that I should've "Taken it for granted that a game that old would not have a box". I left him negative feedback. It was my first actually. I'll avoid the seller mentioned above. That's awful. :(

Not always. Sometimes with a cheap stock photo or an Amazon.com listing can get you something better than you excpected. A stock photo $10 Atari 2600 system ended up being a rare not for resale unit I ended up selling for $200. It's just a gamble. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win big.

Not always. Sometimes with a cheap stock photo or an Amazon.com listing can get you something better than you excpected. A stock photo $10 Atari 2600 system ended up being a rare not for resale unit I ended up selling for $200. It's just a gamble. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win big.

Not that long ago I won an auction for the 2600 Death Trap using a stock photo. It only mentioned complete with no condition so I took a gamble at a good price. When I got it, it was gem mint like it just came from the store. Like mentioned above, it's a gamble. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.