IGNORED

Intellivision HSC All-time High Scores (Old tables)

These were complied by RoadRunner, so thanks go out to him. Can you break the tops as the games are played?

Astrosmash
disc setting
autofire allowed
hyperspace allowed
Akito01 (1,064,920)

Atlantis
season 2 game 13 skill?
cparsley (56,920)

Atlantis
skill - medium
Akito01 (34,300)

Auto Racing
steering - your choice
course - all five
car - your choice

track 1
1980gamer 3:11

track 2
1980gamer 5:50

track 3
1980gamer 7:29

track 4
1980gamer 9:09

track 5
1980gamer 3:53

total time
1980gamer 27'16''

Beamrider
level 1
skosh (87,712)

Beauty and The Beast
gezkc (72,950)

Blockade Runner
Fallout_002 (100,220)

Bump 'N' Jump
gezkc (308,664)

Burgertime
skill - game 2 medium
jaybird3rd (235,700)

Burgertime
skill - fastest setting
cparsley (208,000)

Carnival
skill level 3
JacobZu7zu7 (36,860)

Commando
cparsley (148,200)

Demon Attack
skill - players choice
cparsley (35,697)

Demon Attack
skill - game 4
cparsley (9,183)

Demon Attack
skill 7
JacobZu7zu7 (30,150)

Dig Dug
JacobZu7zu7 (67,330)

Diner
speed - level 1
IntellivisionDude (620,650)

Donkey Kong
level 1
patbb (142,400)

Donkey Kong Junior
skill level 2
cparsley (47,100)

Dracula
skill level medium
rgw825 (20,200)

Dragonfire

Skill Level Easy

Ignorama (30,750)

Happy Trails
skill 5
gezkc (51,638)

Ice Trek
settings - players choice for starting level 1-6
Ignorama (34,220)

King Of The Mountain
starting skill level - mountain 1
JacobZu7zu7 (40,330)

Ladybug
skill level 2
cparsley (228,870)

Ladybug
skill level 3
JacobZu7zu7 (86,820)

Lock 'N' Chase
fastest white disc setting
cparsley (129,940)

Masters Of The Universe
thegoldenband (1,487,150)

Mission X
skill - hardest press disc
ed1475 (103,520)

Mouse Trap
skill 3
cparsley (606,600)

Night Stalker
press 1 for medium fast speed
patbb (159,300)

fastest press disc

felson42 707,500

Nova Blast
skill - players choice
crade (70,250)

PBA Bowling
player is allowed to choose - weight of ball, left or right handed
forced settings - slickness = 10
JacobZu7zu7 (-202)

Pinball
cparsley (1,084,325) Rolled The Score
1980gamer (999,999)

Pitfall
1 player
thegoldenband (114,000)

Popeye
level 1
ed1475 (81,200)

Q*bert

skill - default level

scalpel (148,925)

Sharp Shot

football
1980gamer (105)
cparsley (105)
theglodenband (105)

maze
cparsley (43)
thegoldenband (43)

space
1980gamer (80)
JacobZu7zu7 (80)
thegoldenband (80)

sub
1980gamer (43)

Skark! Shark!
press disc for normal
cparsley (124,800)

Space Armada
settings - game not practice
ed1475 (131,330)

Stampede
press 2 for slow random cows
cparsley (3,942)

Star Strike
press disc to play at level 4
cparsley (8,326)

Thin Ice
gezkc (94,460)

Thunder Castle
1 player
ghsqb (54,800)

Tron Deadly Discs
press disc for fastest speed
JacobZu7zu7 (2,221,500)

Venture
skill level 3
cparsley (1 rollover +640,140)
thegoldenband (1 rollover +595,040)
JacobZu7zu7 (1 rollover +370,140)

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

post-35077-136262328679_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone. My name is Ed Williams. I used to be the world record holder for Night Stalker (according to Twin Galaxies), but I've been outscored big time. The current record is just over 2 million. The score I submitted to Twin Galaxies was around 650,000. Recently I've been playing Night Stalker again. I played it a ton during my youth. Intellivision was my gaming system back then and Night Stalker was by far my favorite game. The highest I can ever remember getting was just over 1 million (the score flips back to zero at this point if I remember correctly). Maybe someday I will take my record back. For now, here's a recent effort.

There are two keys to this game. First, try not to get killed near the bunker. By the time you are over 150,000 or so, enough yellow bullets have hit it that the bunker is no more. Once you're at that point, if you get killed near the bunker you can lose 5 or 6 men before you're able to escape because the robots blast you before you can hardly even move. Second, learn the 'relatively' safe areas where you will normally be fired on before the invisible robot is right on you. From these safe areas you can wait for the invisible robot to show himself by firing and then you can blast him before he gets you.

Happy gaming everyone.

• Like 2

post-35077-136262328679_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone. My name is Ed Williams.

Happy gaming everyone.

Well, Ed Williams... it is a real pleasure to read about your experiences with Nightstalker and your records. Welcome to the forums and thank you for the tips.

We have just been playing Nightstalker a couple of weeks ago as part of a knockout tournament. DZ Jay a fellow forum member and a great INTV programmer (he has just released Carol vs Ghost, one of the best, if not the best, homebrews for the INTV) showed some interest in re-booting Nightstalker using the same engine of Carol vs Ghost. You should definitely talk with him.

Welcome again and it is a great pleasure to (electronically) meet you! See you around!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ed! And Welcome!

Honestly, I despised Night Stalker as a kid. I never owned it, that was part of it; but it was mostly because of a single impression I had.

I used to go to the local mall to check out the latest Intellivision games at an electronics store there. One day, they were showcasing Night Stalker--a game that fascinated and sparked my imagination ever since I read about it on one if the Mattel game catalogs. However, when I tried playing it, I found it cumbersome, and sort of lethargic.

I immediately became disenchanted and put it out of my mind. That is, until I was encouraged to try it again by others in this forum who claim it was such a good game. I honestly couldn't imagine why such a horrid game (as I remember it after 30 years of memory embellishments and distortions).

Well, I gave it a second chance and I admit it changed my perception completely! I LOVE NIGHT STALKER! I think it is one of the best Intellivision games ever!

I still find it a bit sluggish and unresponsive, and as Oscar said, I have been toying with the idea of re-doing it with a proper modern game engine and cool graphics and animation.

Of course, I will need permission from Intellivision Productions, Inc., but I hope I can sway them with the promise of what I can do with the title. :)

And that's my Night Stalker story. Not as cool as yours, Ed.

dZ.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

Some updated high scores - Buzzbombers though Q*bert rounds

Buzzbombers

JacobZu7zu7

-------

Popeye

game choice - any

patbb 94,300

-----

Pac Man

scalpel

-----

Dracula

Skill level medium

IntellivisionDude

-----

Thin Ice

WispFollower

--------

Demon Attack

Skill level 10

WispFollower

-----

Burgertime

Top speed

gavvv

Season #3 Game #9 all the top scores need put into one post.

----

Bump N Jump

cparsley

-----

Q*Bert

scalpel

• Like 1

Another update

Commando

JacobZu7zu7

----

Diner

Skill - top speed

IntellivisionDude

----

Carol Vs The World 2012

WispFollower

----

Night Stalker

speed - fastest

WispFollower

----

Centipede

skosh

-----

He Man Masters Of The Universe

Starting any level

Oscar G.

-----

AD&D Tarmin

Skill hardest difficulty disc/enter start

Oscar G.

720 Advances

-----

Shark! Shark!

Skill top speed disc/enter start

IntellivisionDude

-----

Dragonfire

Skill - any

Ignorama

-----

Congo Bongo

Ignorama

------

Tropical Trouble

RULES - ANY PREVIOUS TROPICAL TROUBLE PLAY IS NOT VALID FOR THIS COMPETITION (INCLUDING PREVIOUS PLAY UNDER OLD RULES FOR TT)
SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE A FULL SCREEN PICTURE (NOTHING CAN BE CUT OFF AT ANY POINT... FAILURE TO INCLUDE FULL SCREEN SHOT = NO SCORING FOR THE SUBMISSION)
SCORING WILL SCORE ON "FURTHEST INTO GAME FIRST / SCORE SECOND IN AN ALTERNATE FASHION, (Example: both players complete 5 mountains, but die on the 1st section of mountain #6. Player 1 ends the game with 13,200 and Player 2 ends the game with 6,150. Player two would be awarded the higher ranking spot)

WHEN POSTING SCORE -- Score must be posted as finishing level (five mountains - first volcano screen (or any variation of that notation) and then SCORE)

Ignorama

19.7 (19,750)

• Like 1

Cparsley holds the Shark! Shark! record, he made 124k. And just look at some posts above the Nightstalker monsterscore. I also made some records for Sharp Shot :P But thank you for making some updates, may you ask if you could edit the first post? Now its a bit confusing. But its better to ask cparsley if its okay for him (but I think so since he seems to miss the time for making this) and then a mod.

I also help you if you want, because I may prefer the Alltime Leaderboard than the HSC, its better to combine with my freetime.

• Like 1

Cparsley holds the Shark! Shark! record, he made 124k. And just look at some posts above the Nightstalker monsterscore. I also made some records for Sharp Shot :P But thank you for making some updates, may you ask if you could edit the first post? Now its a bit confusing. But its better to ask cparsley if its okay for him (but I think so since he seems to miss the time for making this) and then a mod.

I also help you if you want, because I may prefer the Alltime Leaderboard than the HSC, its better to combine with my freetime.

Thanks for catching my mistake. :)

I do have that 124k score in the first post.

I can't edit the first post. I'm gonna leave it up to cparsley to copy and paste these updates into the first post.

Last update for now

Ice Trek

cparsley

33,780 new record

-----

Sharp Shot

Football -

Ignorama 105 tied for first

Sub -

cparsley 44 new record

Maze -

Ignorama 48 new record
Oscar G. 48 new record

-----

Q*Bert

scalpel

123,650 new record

Season #4 game 8
all high scores need put into one post.

-----

Diner

Level any

S.BAZ

Season #4 game 10
all high scores need put into one post.

-----

Night Stalker

top speed

felson42

707,500 new record

Season #4 game 11
all the high scores need put into one post.

-----

Carol Vs The World 2013

Liduario

23,205 new record

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 3

I made a better score in Ice Trek than cparsley, my score was 34.220, look at post 33: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214541-hsc-season-4-game-5-ice-trek/page-2

Your correct, I missed that. It wasn't in the first post of that thread.

It's up to cparsley to fix that thread and edit the first post of this thread.

Ice Trek

34,220 Ignorama (New Record)

Edited by roadrunner

Hey all not sure where to post this. I know I will probably get flamed a little (and that's ok), and it's all from memory (no proof), but I was a diehard Intellivision player as a kid 30-35 years ago.

Best game Space Armada (although no one could beat me at football). I used to write down my high scores and that has helped my memory. I believe I was well over 300k in Space Armada, I think I got to at least 365k. I've searched the internet and haven't seen any score close to that.

I wish I could figure out how to get my old system which I still have connected to the new tv's to try and play again. (any help?)

Not bragging and at my age nothing to gain, I just thought I'd put it out there for fun.

• 3 years later...

Is it possible to pin an Excel spreadsheet to this forum? This would be an excellent way to keep a current list of high scores for all games. It would be easy for an administrator to update, and the latest scores would always be in one location.

Is it possible to pin an Excel spreadsheet to this forum? This would be an excellent way to keep a current list of high scores for all games. It would be easy for an administrator to update, and the latest scores would always be in one location.

I don't think this has been updated in awhile, there has been higher scores at same levels and scores at harder levels in games posted here...

But that's a great idea..

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I just bought Intellivision Flashback a few weeks ago. I had Intellivision as a kid growing up years ago. My favorite game was Space Armada. I put up a ridiculous score back in the day that nobody would ever believe. I took a pic of the screen back then had a really crummy camera. I had a negative of the pic. I sent it in to Intellivision and never heard back... :(

Anyway, I popped a pretty sweet score lastnight in Space Armada. 135,470. :D:thumbsup:

I will 'try' to post the pic... Or maybe the link will work.....?

Cheers!

Rickster8

IMG_2372_zpspybe6rrl.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I haven't played Space Armada in a long, long time, so I can't judge the magnitude of the score; but it does look very high. Great job! I'll try to get some Intellivision time next week-end. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So, is this the place to submit high scores? I notice it hasn't been updated in a while.

I would look for a game specific thread in the main intellivision sub-forum that discusses game play; and if one doesn't exist create one. The HSC is about friendly competitions that happen frequently.

Twingalaxies.com maintains intellivision high score lists; but you have to submit a video of your game.

• Like 1