IGNORED

Intellivision HSC All-time High Scores (Old tables)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/13/2012 at 10:14 PM, cparsley said:

Lock 'N' Chase
fastest white disc setting
cparsley (129,940)

Hi Cparsely,

I wanted just to share a funny thing I found today when I got an old copy of Lock´N’ Chase from my cousin. There was a small paper with the highest scores of his family. I found out that my aunt was not bad at all: she scored 128.320 on May 19, 1999! Not bad at all for a lady 50 years old I think!? Is your score the highest ever known?

24 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Here the pic! Franca, my cousin was Enrico.

4AB14180-2B38-48FD-8207-7C24DA45CA84.jpeg

There's a few higher scores on Twin Galaxies. Chris Dumaresq scored 217,720 and Brad Porteous scored 169,960. You cannot be totally sure what speed they played though.... 

36 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I will investigate... They were playing a lot, I’m pretty sure they were setting the fastest mode...

Can’t believe that Dumaresq made 217k!!! 

Didn’t know twin galaxies, cool!? 

No I meant the guy's on TG. Not sure what speed 'they' were playing at because those scores don't have video evidence..... 

Morpheus the reason he states it that way is a, not a bug, but a feature built into Lock 'n Chase. No matter which game speed you start, if your good enough to get to 100,000 the game goes, fuck you, your playing at Top Speed, and will automatically force you into top mode, even if you started the game by pressing button #3.

Once it does this, the picture taken at the end would show the White Dot (top speed) as the speed of the game, so doesn't definitely prove the game was 100% played on top speed, without video proof, hence why TG requires it. Previous scores however there are grandfathered, thats why if you search TG (TwinGalaxies) you can see some listing "Photo" and some "Referee" from say 20 years ago. That wouldn't be accepted today, but without proof, can't bump a previous record out there.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Cparsely,

I wanted just to share a funny thing I found today when I got an old copy of Lock´N’ Chase from my cousin. There was a small paper with the highest scores of his family. I found out that my aunt was not bad at all: she scored 128.320 on May 19, 1999! Not bad at all for a lady 50 years old I think!? Is your score the highest ever known?

So after ten years your aunt went back to Locknchase just to beat her son's score.  That's awesome.

7 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

There's a few higher scores on Twin Galaxies. Chris Dumaresq scored 217,720 and Brad Porteous scored 169,960. You cannot be totally sure what speed they played though.... 

That twingalaxies 217k score was done at disc speed.  You can ask BigDumer himself.  If you can get 117k+ points at heart level, doesn't matter too much what you did for the first 100k.  The difficulty is the same whatever speed you select anyway.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

So after ten years your aunt went back to Locknchase just to beat her son's score.  That's awesome.

Yeah, funny story !

Well, gotta play Lock ‘N’ Chase again and try to become at least the family record holder, 22 years later!

I must be capable to beat an old lady that everyone knew just for making excellent cakes and crosswords...?

9 hours ago, cparsley said:

Morpheus the reason he states it that way is a, not a bug, but a feature built into Lock 'n Chase. No matter which game speed you start, if your good enough to get to 100,000 the game goes, fuck you, your playing at Top Speed, and will automatically force you into top mode, even if you started the game by pressing button #3.

Once it does this, the picture taken at the end would show the White Dot (top speed) as the speed of the game, so doesn't definitely prove the game was 100% played on top speed, without video proof, hence why TG requires it. Previous scores however there are grandfathered, thats why if you search TG (TwinGalaxies) you can see some listing "Photo" and some "Referee" from say 20 years ago. That wouldn't be accepted today, but without proof, can't bump a previous record out there.

Hope that helps

Very interesting, thank you. I never reached the 100k so didn’t know the automatic increase to top speed...

Basically you should record the whole play to have your score accepted...

How long does it take to make 130.000?

6 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Very interesting, thank you. I never reached the 100k so didn’t know the automatic increase to top speed...

Basically you should record the whole play to have your score accepted...

How long does it take to make 130.000?

If you are referring to Twin Galaxies. You have to video the entire game from start to finish. You have to boot up the system on video, show your system and cartridge on video. I usually also do a reset of the game after it's over and then power off. They are pretty strict, but they have their reasons I guess..... Then you have to go to the Intellivision platform and go to submit performance... ?

Here's a link... https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/lock-n-chase/intellivision

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

If you are referring to Twin Galaxies. You have to video the entire game from start to finish. You have to boot up the system on video, show your system and cartridge on video. I usually also do a reset of the game after it's over and then power off. They are pretty strict, but they have their reasons I guess..... Then you have to go to the Intellivision platform and go to submit performance... ?

Here's a link... https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/lock-n-chase/intellivision

Thanks a lot Rickster!?

• Like 2