IGNORED

Different Collecting 'types'

AdvancedJudas

Does anyone have a different way of collecting? a "sub-collection" or just something cool they like to get they're games with? a sort of non-standard collection? Me, I enjoy having the price tag on my games, as long as they have a high price on them. :D I also enjoy having games in rental cases... I find that very odd. but its cool. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by AdvancedJudas

When I was looking through a Ms. Pac-Man manual I found that a family wrote in their high scores. I enjoyed that because it was made to be written in and it feels like looking back at those Atari commercials with the families having fun together but this is a real family. I like that. So, any manual I find with the scores written in I won't replace with a more mint manual but will keep it as a manual variation.

• Like 2

When I was looking through a Ms. Pac-Man manual I found that a family wrote in their high scores. I enjoyed that because it was made to be written in and it feels like looking back at those Atari commercials with the families having fun together but this is a real family. I like that. So, any manual I find with the scores written in I won't replace with a more mint manual but will keep it as a manual variation.

I LOVE when I find things written in the notes, especially scores. gives me joy to think of a time where a family played together.

• Like 2

I'm collecting as many unique carts I can to play, but I also collect the major label variations (Atari text/pic, Video/Rubik's Cube, etc).

My boxed focus is only the stuff I remember from my childhood. Atari colored/silver boxes, Activision colored boxes, and Imagic/Parker Brothers boxes.

I also love the written in stuff from my childhood. I still have my original Atari Log Book with my high scores written in it.

Peace,

Chip

As far as 2600 games, I only collect games I like to play so I'll never have a complete set that includes games I can't stand (actually that is true of my 5200 collection as well). Also, I will go for the black box Sears Tele-Games version over the Atari version if there is a choice, just what I grew up with. I also only want boxed games (I've missed out on a few homebrews because of that) and at least one boxed version of any controllers and other accessories. Along with that I want to get all/most of the Activision and Imagic games but I want the boxes to be consistent (Some Activision boxes have that New Game thing across the bottom right corner, do I get them all that way? Also, some Imagic games have alternate black boxes, do I get those?), maybe Data Age as well. I think this is because there are so many damn 2600 games that there's no way I'll even find them all much less afford to buy them if I could find them so I limit myself to what I can get my hands on that I would like. I just got a Masterplay boxed for my 5200. One less thing to look for.

In contrast, I will try to get a complete set of Vectrex games and homebrews. Much more attainable. Still, many homebrews don't have overlays or cardboard boxes, that blows. But I have practically every official game for it already, maybe that's why I'll try for a complete set. It probably also has something to do with practically every homebrew being playable if not great.

I'd say that the particular console system that I'm interested in drives or defines how I collect it.

As of this writing, I'm attempting to collect colored boxed Atari 2600 games. I have only a very few cib games, and have a few loose, but at the moment I'm focusing on cib's, as I FINALLY have some shelf space to display them proudly! :grin:

As of this writing, I'm attempting to collect colored boxed Atari 2600 games. I have only a very few cib games, and have a few loose, but at the moment I'm focusing on cib's, as I FINALLY have some shelf space to display them proudly! :grin:

Look at my post here. I have tons of complete in box games. That includes inserts and comics and such. I'll be adding some more games soon.

http://www.atariage....25-boxed-games/

Phil

Edited by Philflound