IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Auction Date

nagn2

WOW...I'm getting out the popcorn for this one. Many folks will be happy to see this thread. In the end, I am fairly certain that you will be happy with the financial outcome, and the Atari community will be happy to see this lost treasure in the hands of one of the hardcore collectors.

Best of luck with the auction!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why is anybody excited?

A.) Find advertising.

B.) Write cheesy home-brew that fits ad.

C.) Create hype, by waiting years until someone else finds the advertising.

D.) Refuse to have anyone look at it, even by a guy taht lives close to his house.

E.) PROFIT!

No bids from me. :P

Here's one for you:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-nutball_28568.html

If it ever will be auctioned, you'll be the first one to hear about it, ok?

8)

• Like 7

Why is anybody excited?

A.) Find advertising.

B.) Write cheesy home-brew that fits ad.

C.) Create hype, by waiting years until someone else finds the advertising.

D.) Refuse to have anyone look at it, even by a guy taht lives close to his house.

E.) PROFIT!

No bids from me. :P

Here's one for you:

http://www.atarimani...ball_28568.html

If it ever will be auctioned, you'll be the first one to hear about it, ok?

8)

As seen on TV?

americas-funniest-home-videos-1.jpg

Edited by purduecrum

Nagn, I seriously think you should consider having someone take a look at this cart before you auction it off. Having someone verify that it at least looks legitimate may increase the ultimate sale price. I would say that the serious spenders may be put off by the fact it has not been verified and this may affect bidding on your auction. It would be almost impossible for a buyer to do a successful "item not as described" claim through ebay if they feel this is a fake.

• Like 1

Nagn, I seriously think you should consider having someone take a look at this cart before you auction it off. Having someone verify that it at least looks legitimate may increase the ultimate sale price. I would say that the serious spenders may be put off by the fact it has not been verified and this may affect bidding on your auction. It would be almost impossible for a buyer to do a successful "item not as described" claim through ebay if they feel this is a fake.

From past posts I got the impression that it couldn't be authenticated without opeing it up. I am afraid to have it opened for fear of it being broken or the label damaged etc. That would make the cart worthless. I understand your point, I know it is authentic but I understand there may be some people who won't shell out that kind of cash without having it authenticated by an expert. Is there really any way to authenticate it without it being opened? If there is someway to authenticate it in that manner by an expert then I would be willing to do so before I aution it off.

I will have to postpone the planned auction due to the new development and wait and see if this other cart is legit. If it is hopefully it doesn't work LOL!

I do not see how postponing the auction will help you. RIght now dwindling uncertainty exists regarding it's authenticity. In addition, it has not yet been proven to work. Many potential bidders on Atariage know this. I suspect that these bidders would not risk losing your auction just in case the other is later proven to be a fake or a broken cartridge. Also, potential bidders on eBay may not know about the other cartridge yet. Which means that they may be bidding without the knowledge that another one exists.

If you sell yours now, there is a high likelihood that you will get a great price for it. Of course the auction would have to end before the other cartridge is authenticated and proven to work.

If you wait and the other cartridge is proven to be an authentic, working cartridge with a better label, then it is likely that yours will probably sell for less.

And I'm planning to auction my << yet as unverified title >> on << future date to be determined >> when I find << unreleased title in the wild >>.

Even if someone could look at the cart without opening it and play it, or better dump and compare it (without necessarily distributing it), it would be a step in the right direction. Let me point out what has been pointed out countless times before. YOU'LL MAKE MORE MONEY WITH MORE DOCUMENTATION OF AUTHENTICITY PERFORMED BY RESPECTED MEMBERS OF THE COLLECTING COMMUNITY. I'll repeat that: MORE MONEY

And if you say, "I don't care about money," then this is even more likely to be a scam. Everyone in your position wants more money.

I will have to postpone the planned auction due to the new development and wait and see if this other cart is legit. If it is hopefully it doesn't work LOL!

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work. If you where not such a prick

about the cart for years this new found cart would be of little concern to you. Face it, you fucked up by not selling it previously

and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass cause another has been found and it's in better condition than yours.

• Like 2

ae2.gif

This is turning out to be very, very interesting indeed! Will the big bopper collectors start calling on the PHILLY FIND, the CART OF THE CENTURY? I think that is the cart they will go for first for certain! :D

Or could it be that the homebrew is orchestrated on two different levels, with two accounts and a better label for a better homebrew sale to keep things 'fresh'? WHO WILL KNOW! :D

• Like 1

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work. If you where not such a prick

about the cart for years this new found cart would be of little concern to you. Face it, you fucked up by not selling it previously

and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass cause another has been found and it's in better condition than yours.

Come on Shawn don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :-D .

Edited by pangasinan
  • Like 1