IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Auction Date

nagn2

Or could it be that the homebrew is orchestrated on two different levels, with two accounts and a better label for a better homebrew sale to keep things 'fresh'? WHO WILL KNOW! :D

You read my mind. Surprise, surprise he backs out of auctioning the cart. I doubt he ever intended to go through with it.

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work. If you where not such a prick about the cart for years this new found cart would be of little concern to you. Face it, you fucked up by not selling it previously and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass cause another has been found and it's in better condition than yours.

Personal Attacks

While we understand some discussions can become heated, we will not tolerate members insulting each other in the public forums. Likewise, any racial, ethnic, gender-based insults or other personal discriminations are not permitted. The strength of your arguments goes out the window once you resort to personal attacks. If you find that you often get angry when discussing a certain topic, we suggest you refrain from involving yourself in such discussions.

Well, Al, seems like a no-brainer to me.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 3

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work. If you where not such a prick about the cart for years this new found cart would be of little concern to you. Face it, you fucked up by not selling it previously and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass cause another has been found and it's in better condition than yours.

Personal Attacks

While we understand some discussions can become heated, we will not tolerate members insulting each other in the public forums. Likewise, any racial, ethnic, gender-based insults or other personal discriminations are not permitted. The strength of your arguments goes out the window once you resort to personal attacks. If you find that you often get angry when discussing a certain topic, we suggest you refrain from involving yourself in such discussions.

8)

I guess if your going to get banned from a thread then do it in style huh?

Personal Attacks

8)

Everything Shawn said is true....

I know you don't like Shawn and all but he is just saying out loud what the majority of people are thinking.

I have to admit Rom, to me personally your post seems the more childish here...reminds me of the kid in class that runs to the teacher every few seconds/etc..

• Like 2

Personal Attacks

8)

Everything Shawn said is true....

I know you don't like Shawn and all but he is just saying out loud what the majority of people are thinking.

Ah, you're paranormal now?

No matter what the majority might think, there are some rules about saying things out loud here.

I have to admit Rom, to me personally your post seems the more childish here...reminds me of the kid in class that runs to the teacher every few seconds/etc..

Not every few seconds Climber, only when people start posting things like this, no matter if it's Shawn Sr. or the Dalai Lama himself.

8)

I will have to postpone the planned auction due to the new development and wait and see if this other cart is legit. If it is hopefully it doesn't work LOL!

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work. If you where not such a prick

about the cart for years this new found cart would be of little concern to you. Face it, you fucked up by not selling it previously

and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass cause another has been found and it's in better condition than yours.

Well excuse me for trying to have a sense of humor about it! If this other cart turns out to be legit all I can do is laugh at what unfathomable timing it was! I guess you didn't read my other post where I congratulated him on his find! Whoever wants to think I am devasted by this turn of events be my guest. I was never desperate to sell (OBVIOUSLY) and if this other cart is legit then I gambled and lost....NO BIG DEAL, the cart will still be valuable! That is the part of life that is fun for me, I have said before I am a gambler and money isn't everything! I really don't care if the other one is legit and works! I hope everyone treats him better than I have been treated, if he isn't he may crawl in a hole too. I think your comment shows who the real " " is!

• Like 1

I will have to postpone the planned auction due to the new development and wait and see if this other cart is legit. If it is hopefully it doesn't work LOL!

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work. If you where not such a prick

about the cart for years this new found cart would be of little concern to you. Face it, you fucked up by not selling it previously

and now it's coming back to bite you in the ass cause another has been found and it's in better condition than yours.

Well excuse me for trying to have a sense of humor about it! If this other cart turns out to be legit all I can do is laugh at what unfathomable timing it was! I guess you didn't read my other post where I congratulated him on his find! Whoever wants to think I am devasted by this turn of events be my guest. I was never desperate to sell (OBVIOUSLY) and if this other cart is legit then I gambled and lost....NO BIG DEAL, the cart will still be valuable! That is the part of life that is fun for me, I have said before I am a gambler and money isn't everything! I really don't care if the other one is legit and works! I hope everyone treats him better than I have been treated, if he isn't he may crawl in a hole too. I think your comment shows who the real " " is!

Oh man, dude...

I'm not going to call you names/etc but seriously man, how could you think we would laugh along with you.

We TOTALLY understand you do not NEED money, we get that you don't HAVE to sell it, we are 100% aware that you don't care if you ever sell it, no need to remind us, it's been over 5 years you have proven your point.

Here is my standpoint. I LOVE Atari, it's my hobby and in my free time it's my life. Classic Video games are definetily my main interest outside of real world stuff and Atari 2600 is my number 1! Many of us here feel this way about our beloved Atari, and when a NEW game is found for it, that is BIG news!

We get it, you like to play a little "game" to make the most money possible because you don't really need any more money and things like this are fun to you, thats great, it's your cartridge and you can do whatever you want with it. In no way do you "owe" us anything....but, I really don't see how you expect any of us to support your little "game" you do for fun and how would you expect us to laugh along side you when you make "jokes" about hoping the new found cart doesn't work?

Long story short, Shawn just said what people are thinking, maybe his version was a little more colorful but anyone who has followed your drama from the begining is not supporting your little "activity you do for fun" well...maybe Romhunter but I can't understand why?

Either way I have lost interest, I'll pass on a repro...

• Like 3

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work.

He typed "LOL" after the comment. He's obviously taking this with a sense of humor that I think is lost sometimes on this forum. Relax people! It's a game which we'll probably now all be able to play soon and then move on to the next discovery. Have some fun. :grin:

• Like 2

Why postpone the auction? Oh and your a real cocksucker for wishing his cart doesn't work.

He typed "LOL" after the comment.

LOL is a thin vale used all over the internet. Myself I just cut right to the chase. ;P

Could a moderator please move this and all related Red Sea Crossing threads over to the "I can't make this s%*t up" thread... :D

This is one hell of a "red-sea" roller coaster we have been on, and just think...it's not even close to April!!! (but then again, it may be one of those 5 year+ April fools set-ups, still in the making!!! :rolling: )

• Like 4

First off question?

If label was damaged to prove cart was authentic would that still add value overall or take away value?

Secondly if label is damaged and cart is not real, well you are not really out anything now are you lol.

Thirdly. If proper measures are taken and someone who knows what they are doing looks at this cart, that label can be removed w/out damage and replaced after board has been looked at.

I made undo do wonders recently on a dw3 cart. I'm sure there are methods out there than can look at this cart w/out damaging it.

nagn2, at this point I think it is fair to say that the over all opinion this forum as a whole will hold of you will be damaged if this cart doesn't make it to auction. Its really an odd thing, but you will be seen as a troll forever if nothing ever comes of this after all this time and talk. This could be something that you don't care much about. After all if you have no reason to care about this forum our opinion of you surely wouldn't matter. However, if collecting is something you really want to enjoy this is a great place to be and damaging your reputation here over something this silly could easily come back to haunt you.

Personally if this is legit I can't afford it, if it isn't I don't want it, and without verification from someone that I can trust I'm going to assume it is a homebrew with a lot of nothing behind it and therefor none of this really matters anyway. I just felt the need to put all this into writing for you. I think I understand how you want this to play out, but I have been wrong before, and I'm hoping I'm wrong now. So, how do you want this to go down man? I promise I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly looking out for you in this.

Alright I guess enough info has come to light on the other cart and after weighing the huge mound of advice I have recieved with what to do I want to proceed with the sale of my cart. I am thinking it might be best to do an auction style on this site instead of Ebay. Can I get some serious advice or thoughts on this. I have no experience selling anyhting on this site so I don't know if that is possible or even the best way to sell it? I figure if I sell it here I am at least dealing with people who have a reputation where on Ebay I have a better chance of dealing with scammers.

I was just thinking...is there an image showing the end label on Medium Bob's cart? I don't remember seeing the end label. If it's missing, does that start to even the playing field a bit?

P.S. To maximize $$$, eBay is the better bet, but I like your idea because then it will be guaranteed to go to an AA member.

Edited by Miss 2600

I always find these "rare" things nonsense. I don't bother with the hype and flames and pages and pages of discussion. I just happened to look at this because it was at the top of the list. Just like the Air Raid, I could really care less. It's something I'll never buy for any big sum of money unless I win the lottery, and maybe I could find it in the wild, and then it would be like winning the lottery.

I'd rather spend my time scanning the variations and giving collectors something real to set their hearts on, rather than something that only 1 person with a ton of dough is possibly going to get, if it even goes up for sale. I've been happy this past week because I've found some elusive cartridge and box variations that have been sitting on the list for over 15 years and I finally have the proof they do exist. At least I can provide photos and such.

Phil