IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Auction Date

nagn2

To celebrate the sale of RSC on GameGavel, if any of you have rare gaming goodness, list it (and hopefully sell it, too) on GameGavel and pay nothing through 10/31/12. Ya, I know it would only cost $2 or $8 to list/sell anyway, but hey, it's free so give it a try. But it must be relatively rare item. Contact me at socalmike@gamegavel.com and let me know if you want to give it a shot!

• Like 1

Good to see this come to a close, of sorts. Congrats on the sale Nagn2. Now use the money for a vacation and enjoy yourself. :)

I really hope this went to a collector who will treasure it, and not a re-seller looking for a ridiculous amount of money. If anything these two auctions will get people digging in their closets, so maybe we'll see some more appear. It always seems rarities come in bunches. You don't see any for years, and then boom! Two or more up at once. Remember Music Machine boxed?

Several Air Raids popped up on eBay after Tanman's sale.

Whenever there is press for ONE rare game, another one turns up. As you may recall Tanman found HIS Air Raid cause he went searching in his house after hearing that housewife who listed her kids old NES and 5 boxed games on EBay, only to find out one the games was the rare Bandai Stadium Events! Other rare games turned up due to the press of that one also.

I am still missing that box. :(

You will get it. I'm sending all the good karma your way........ now!

And Spike's Peak too. :)

Thanks mate, I appreciate that. :thumbsup: I was half tempted to make that guy with the sealed one an offer, but he had it at $7500.00 and I doubt $3K would have been enough for him.

Several Air Raids popped up on eBay after Tanman's sale.

Whenever there is press for ONE rare game, another one turns up. As you may recall Tanman found HIS Air Raid cause he went searching in his house after hearing that housewife who listed her kids old NES and 5 boxed games on EBay, only to find out one the games was the rare Bandai Stadium Events! Other rare games turned up due to the press of that one also.

Has there been much press for Red Sea Crossing outside the classic gaming community? Probably the eBay one is more likely to generate press but we need people who aren't interested in classic games to see these auctions and think, "Hey, I remember playing that game...I think I still have it boxed up in the attic."

• Like 2

So maybe a dumb question, but if these carts aren't able to get repro'd (and assuming there isn't a box of them somewhere) or dumped do these both become more or less valuable to a collector? At that point the only way to play this game is to own one of these two originals.

If the new owner(s) release the ROM on the internet people will be able to play it with out reproducing it.

Congrats to the winner and I hope GameGavel does well off this as well. I'm not sure if this got any attention yet, and I'm honestly afraid the other one making it to eBay is going to take the spot light because people know more about eBay, but regardless, this can't be a bad thing for GG... unless the sale falls through. I really hope that doesn't happen, this needs to be over now.

• Like 2

I am still missing that box. :(

You will get it. I'm sending all the good karma your way........ now!

And Spike's Peak too. :)

Thanks mate, I appreciate that. :thumbsup: I was half tempted to make that guy with the sealed one an offer, but he had it at $7500.00 and I doubt $3K would have been enough for him.

I know a guy who could make you a repro box, but he'd probably just end up posting a Youtube vid of him sticking it in his fireplace. He's a bit of a dick like that.

• Like 2

Ha! Two of these for sale at the same time. It is going to be a race to see who can recoup the money via reproduction carts.

I guess you haven't been reading the past 10 pages of this thread...or the other two threads on the subject? :?

One guy finds the game. No one has seen it before. The programmer is found and says don't release it so he doesn't. 100s ask for the dump anyway. Other state they will dump the cart and make copies if they end up with the cart. Then a second cart turns up. The first cart is sold on game gavel. The second one is now on eBay.

What did I miss?