IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Auction Date

nagn2

Ha! Two of these for sale at the same time. It is going to be a race to see who can recoup the money via reproduction carts.

I guess you haven't been reading the past 10 pages of this thread...or the other two threads on the subject? :?

One guy finds the game. No one has seen it before. The programmer is found and says don't release it so he doesn't. 100s ask for the dump anyway. Other state they will dump the cart and make copies if they end up with the cart. Then a second cart turns up. The first cart is sold on game gavel. The second one is now on eBay.

What did I miss?

A lot of legalese about what could happen to the person who makes reproductions.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Miss 2600
  • Like 1

I know they "can" be repro'd but if Mr. Stack doesn't bless it and they can't "legally" be remade would they be worth more or less?

So maybe a dumb question, but if these carts aren't able to get repro'd (and assuming there isn't a box of them somewhere) or dumped do these both become more or less valuable to a collector? At that point the only way to play this game is to own one of these two originals.

I will personally bet you as much money as you like that this game uses a standard programming scheme with a basic well known pcb layout that can without a doubt be dumped and reproduced with ease.

I'm sure there is a country where copies of this cartidge can be made without any risk of that.

This cart will get reproduced. It is just a matter of who gets to it first.

Ha! Two of these for sale at the same time. It is going to be a race to see who can recoup the money via reproduction carts.

I guess you haven't been reading the past 10 pages of this thread...or the other two threads on the subject? :?

One guy finds the game. No one has seen it before. The programmer is found and says don't release it so he doesn't. 100s ask for the dump anyway. Other state they will dump the cart and make copies if they end up with the cart. Then a second cart turns up. The first cart is sold on game gavel. The second one is now on eBay.

What did I miss?

A lot of legalize about what could happen to the person who makes reproductions.

Made in China?

I'll admit I didn't read this entire thread. It went to a dark place and I just soft of flew over that.

I do have to wonder however, who could make a claim agaisnt a reproduction of this game? To my knowledge no one has hit the roof about reproductions like this in a legal way before, and after a certain point all things that aren't maintained become public domain. Why would this be any different. Its adandonware at best and that is legal to share. I'm missing something here I just know it.

I'll admit I didn't read this entire thread. It went to a dark place and I just soft of flew over that.

I do have to wonder however, who could make a claim agaisnt a reproduction of this game? To my knowledge no one has hit the roof about reproductions like this in a legal way before, and after a certain point all things that aren't maintained become public domain. Why would this be any different. Its adandonware at best and that is legal to share. I'm missing something here I just know it.

You just started it all over again ;)

• Like 1

WTF, why are you clowns still going on about this, we don't even know who won it? Maybe it was that lawyer from Vegas or the car collector and you'll never see this cart again. :? This is like watching two people without arms, trying to bitchsmack each other. :roll:

Really? Clown? Bitchslaping each other? I haven't talked about this with anyone before this moment, and there is still a conversation to be had here. So how about we start over and you don't assume anything about me, and I'll just pretend you didn't say anything.

• Like 2

Personally, i would love to have one of those carts, but have no real interest in a reproduction.

I would have been if it was a deal like kickstarter, raise enough money to buy the cart to get it dumped type of deal.

Personally I am only interested in reproductions, that aren't... Like the "what if" carts made from prototypes that never made it to retail.

I honestly do not buy reproductions or homebrews. I have tried to get some homebrews before but it seems I always miss them some how. I'm just interested in this being made for the hobby. I have done a lot for this hobby that doesn't benefit me, and if adding my voice to those wanting this made available helps I'm down for that.

• Like 1

I want to play this game! It doesn't have to be a reproduction. A ROM on my Harmony is fine. I just want to play it.

If repros are made, though, I will definitely want to buy one.

Yeah, but the last time someone said that David Lightman almost caused World War III! :-D

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Why is anybody excited?

A.) Find advertising.

B.) Write cheesy home-brew that fits ad.

C.) Create hype, by waiting years until someone else finds the advertising.

D.) Refuse to have anyone look at it, even by a guy taht lives close to his house.

E.) PROFIT!

No bids from me. :P

I couldnt agree more,..