IGNORED

what do you think of a proper re-release of some rare titles?

lucifershalo

Not really necessary... if you can't find the original... just buy an Atarimax SD Cart and play it that way... for the price of 2 carts pretty much.

If there was demand and it was legally possible I wouldn't have a problem seeing stuff re-released as long as it was definitely distinguishable from the original. Don't want to negate value of original with "fakes"

• Like 1

would you buy a re-release (second edition) of games that are quite rare?

with a proper illustrated box, manual and cart?

titles like Bit Corp

COSMIC CRISIS

TANK WAR

METEORIC SHOWER

and

ROCK N BOLT

etc

I know I would buy those :-D :thumbsup: a release is better then nothing, although I would still look for the original but I'm just like that.

Edited by RelliK111

I'm definetly interested in reproductions of CV titles especially of unreleased and prototype games seeing as I missed out on all the CGE and other Homebrew releases of years past. I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again, there is a market for these kind of releases (in smaller quantities in all likiehood over new releases) especially if they are done up to the 9's with a box and a manual would be the icing on the cake.

Of course, the roms are easily available and playable via one of the available multi-carts or thru emulation, but from a collectors stand point, there's nothing like having a physical release to display on the shelf in all it's glory. Just take a look at Chuys450's Collection Gallery here on AtariAge to see what I mean.

Yes and also M.A.S.H, Yolks on You, Porky's, Fall Guy, Escape from the Mind Master, Power Lords and even Matt Patrol. I believe J-F did a run of these games a long time ago when he was first starting out. I would also love to have a box for Ms Space Fury and boxes for both Atarimax multi-carts.

Edited by dano
  • Like 1

Yes and also M.A.S.H, Yolks on You, Porky's, Fall Guy, Escape from the Mind Master, Power Lords and even Matt Patrol. I believe J-F did a run of these games a long time ago when he was first starting out. I would also love to have a box for Ms Space Fury and boxes for both Atarimax multi-carts.

EEEWWWW! Good call didn't even think of box for my Atarimax SD cart. That would be nice.

• Like 1

Correct

We are going to re release all unreleased games CIB .....This time, in high resolution ;)

Many people asked me about re-doing those unrelease CIB games run, So Toby and I decided that we will re-release them

Expect to see them pop up here real soon :)

• Like 2

I think it would be better to release a single Bit-Corp multi-cart (Cosmic Crisis + Meteoric Shower + Strike It). It would take up less shelf space, cost less money to buy, and couldn't be mistaken for the original individual releases.

The only real challenge here would be to design the electronics for the actual multi-cart...

• Like 1

Well... its hard to even get homebrews if you don't have the cash to pre-order. I'd prefer if some of them were re-released or bigger lots made..

I was disappointed to hear all Pixelboys games are gone....

or some way of doing build on demand like opcode does for a period of time.

You can only re-release the games if the second editions are even more limited than the first runs. Then they can all be put on ebay for thousands of dollars!

But yeah, I would love to be able to get homebrews/repros for $25-$35 a cart. Just the loose cart to keep the prices down. The Atarimax SD cart makes a lot of sense for that. I have thought about picking one up.

I think it would be better to release a single Bit-Corp multi-cart (Cosmic Crisis + Meteoric Shower + Strike It). It would take up less shelf space, cost less money to buy, and couldn't be mistaken for the original individual releases.

The only real challenge here would be to design the electronics for the actual multi-cart...

From a collectors stand point, I would prefer individual CIB releases like the one I bought (Meteoric Shower) from Toby a month ago and then the complete 4-pack of Bit Corp repros that recently sold on eBay for $536. I know it will end up costing considerably more to go this individual route, but they look so much nicer displayed on the shelf in this manner. Also, I really do like to reward those that put in the effort to create them with my hard earned money.

A Bit Corp multi-cart is an interesting idea as well as a time and money saver, but I personally wouldn't be as interested in a release like this... although I would probably end up buying one as well.