IGNORED

This is in the break room at my new job...

Eltigro

Lol you couldn't offer to buy it. Target operates with very strict corporate policies. They always throw stuff in the compactor and they never sell stuff like that to employees. I've been here for 8 years. That thing ain't as horrible as people are saying the sticks are kinda sloppy but ours has logged quite a few hours. Definitely not a collectors piece but kinda nice for your basement bar if you can't get something more genuine.

Back in April a bunch of the local pinball people went down to North Carolina for a weekend tournament. We grabbed a beach house while we were down there. One of the guys grabbed one of these Midway machines on the way down. I think he paid $50, or maybe even less. Talked the guy down on Craigslist from his initial asking price of $100 or $150 or so.

They really aren't that bad, if you can get them cheap. The sticks are too thin and too tall, and they have too much throw. Also, the buttons feel similar to low-end console arcade sticks, similar to buttons on an arcade stick like this one from the XBOX days. The best I can describe them is "mushy", but they still worked and got the job done. The monitor isn't that bad either. Or I should say, it's a small CRT, so it beats a cheap LCD of the era they probably would have stuck in it if they decided to go that route.

Anyway, it kept everyone busy that weekend, and since we were in tournament mode, we even threw down on a knockout tournament on this thing, haha (Yes, alcohol was involved). Good times!

• Like 1

I'm in Texas. And the machine was probably already trashed and smashed by the time I noticed it was gone. Even if they would have sold or given it to me, I don't have room for anything like that right now. Pretty much everything is in boxes and the only systems I have out to play are what will fit on top of my dresser: Xbox 360, Wii, and TG-16.

Sorry, someone earlier had asked about the games, too and I never responded. The games are Joust, Defender I and II, Robotron, Rampage, Splat, Satan's Hollow, Root Beer Tapper, Bubbles, Wizard of Wor, Timber and Sinistar. I only really playde Rampage, Joust, Defender, and Sinistar and hadn't played those in a while. It just wasn't that fun with the issues it had (see earlier comment). Here's a review that someone did for more info on it. http://retroblast.arcadecontrols.com/reviews/biggames.html

Edited by Eltigro