IGNORED

Cmart's Parker Bros Intellivision variations thread

cmart604

Thanks for the french frogger tip, i bought it!

Also, i have no probs with the intv pb frogger! dz is on that crakrok! Lol

Really? I'll have to give or another go. Seriously, I tried it once and thought it was absolute crap. I miss the music the most. I often play it in MAME, so it was rather jarring to see such a bad port.

dZ.

Well, dz, of course compared to the arcade version the intv version is inferior, but it isnt bad for home console.

Rev,

I didn't mean that it was worse than the arcade version. I meant that to me it is as much of a bad port as Coleco's DK was, and reminds me (in style at least) to any number of generic Atari games.

But that's just me, and it was based on a single disappointing impression when I tried playing it recently. Frogger is one of my all-time favorite games.

Like I said, perhaps I should try it again with a more open mind. :)

Sorry for derailing the thread. Please carry on.

Thanks,

dZ.

Dz! derailing threads is what makes this place so great!

now come on, intv frogger as bas a coleco dk? Those are fighting words! Ahaaaaa

Its fine, you are allowed to have a differing opinion.

What is sounds like to me is you should use your intv programming skills and make an updated version of frogger!

FGR Arcade

Sounds about right! Make it happen!

Edited by revolutionika

• 5 months later...

Next up is Qbert, which comes with a fourth version of the box, one that is a flip top, as opposed to the two piece boxes all the other versions came in...and no, I don't know why. The flip top box is nowhere near as sturdy either, and as a result, is difficult to find in mint shape.

post-25458-0-58842000-1345339515_thumb.jpg

I have a theory about the 4th flip top box, notice how all the others all say "Under License from D. Gottlieb & Co" ? but the regular US version doesn't?

I bet some lawyers got involved and said they had to reprint that box with that line on it so to save money they printed a cheaper than usual fliptop box.

Just a theory but...

• 2 months later...

I have a Canadian Super Cobra will most likely be available. Box has surface wear but is intact. Includes both English and French manuals and is a silver label cart.

I'll have pics available tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

Excellent! PM response incoming. :)

Due to the numerous offers on the Canadian Super Cobra, I feel it's necessary to post the highest offer so there's no questions. I will not include the identity who made the offer out of respect of privacy.

I will only update this post and want to have this wrapped up by Wednesday morning.

Current offer is $650 (9/17 1PM EDT)

Previous offers:
$600 (9/17 12:50PM EDT)

$500 (9/17 12:30PM EDT)

Edited by Mike Etler

Not at all. I don't know if the photobucket images are scaled at all, so if you want the 600dpi scans I did I can email you zip file of the 13 images.

Thanks! Got them in all their 600dpi glory! Hope to add the necessary ones to the site soon. What sort of 'callout' would you like? I typically put the name of the contributor (which is usually a handle of some sort), e.g. cooldude99. Many don't care for their 'truename' to be floating around more than it already is on the intertubes.

Thanks! Got them in all their 600dpi glory! Hope to add the necessary ones to the site soon. What sort of 'callout' would you like? I typically put the name of the contributor (which is usually a handle of some sort), e.g. cooldude99. Many don't care for their 'truename' to be floating around more than it already is on the intertubes.

Using my name is fine. It's been used for a number of things in the past (mostly NES related) so I well aware of the downside but why change tradition.