IGNORED

S3: The Sensational Santuci Sisters [CANCELLED]

Gemintronic

Due to the possible reasons for Princess Rescue being yanked from the store I have officially stopped development on this. Giana Sisters games are currently being made and I can't risk making a tribute game in this environment.

Regardless, the engine will be salvaged for an upcoming game so not much ground will be lost! Watch for a new topic on that :)

• 3 months later...

So, after some prompting from RetroFiends I've decided to try and ask Black Forest Games for permission to make an Atari 2600 Giana Sisters game. At the very least I requested some agreement not to sue if I made a tribute game like Princess Rescue.

RetroFiends made contact and found the appropriate person within Black Forest Games to address. Let's see where this goes. Cross fingers people!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well, still no answer via Twitter or email from Black Forest Games. I tried to join their forum but it required admin approval.. no luck there either.

It turns out another company makes Giana Sisters games called Spellbound AG. I just shot out an email to them asking about licensing terms and / or an agreement on a non-infringing tribute.

UPDATE: Oops! They may be the same company. Both contact email addresses end in bfgames.biz. Ah well.

• 7 months later...

Just an update. Shahzad Sahaib of Giana's Return and PDROM.de fame has attempted to get me in contact with the CEO of Black Forest Games. I asked for their blessing on "Sensational Santuci Sisters". Even went as far as asking what it would take to approve a run of 30 carts using the Giana name.

Will post again when the situation changes!