IGNORED

Nintendo Power is coming to an end...

Animan

Aww, that's blowdatious. I mean, yeah, internet and all that. But to be honest, the internet is more for the dyslexic, where the mags were for people who cared IMO.

It's sad to see it go, but honestly, I had subscriptions on and off for the time it was ot, and it was the best in the 80-90's when they were doinng the 8, 16, and early 32-64 era games. I loved the comics in the old ones, the cards that used to come in them, the full length walktrhoughs of some of the more popular games, the grainy screen shots with the crappy color correction (or lack of it I guess LOL )

Of course, ove the years, I've stopped getting magazines of any sort (not even discovery or national geographic) and I blame the internet, to much to do, to little filler, I guess it's made me dyslexic in a way over the hears LOL.

I'll have to pick up some of the last mags though, I have over 100 from over the years, it would be cool to have the very last one...maybe I'll run across the randome others over the years and complete my collection sometime.

Hey, bomber...if you want to part with any, let me know. :) I have a spare PS1 console with no hookups for trade if you're interested. Now that Nintendo is going the way of the dodo, I would like to pick some up. I won' be able to do a trade with you until September, however No money until I start earning some up again. lol If you didn't want anything from me, I'm sure I'd do a cash sale. Just something for you to think about! :-D

When is their last issue? . My sub expires Jan/2013

As per nintendo's press release confirming it:

Nintendo can confirm that Future US will end the production of Nintendo Power magazine with the last issue slated for December 2012.

Ahh ok I missed that part so whatever they do with remaining sub time I only have a month after that anyway

post-3314-0-31317600-1345833761_thumb.jpg

I subscribed from their first issue (late bloomer so mine said "Free Sample Issue" instead of "Free Poster Inside") to December '91 (Metroid II on cover). At that point I moved on to EGM et al. but I found myself subscribing again in the 2000s for the Zelda Collection for GameCube promotion.

The image above is the "renewal reminder cover" from my July/August '89 issue. I thought it was appropriate to post.

• Like 1

If only Ninbendo would come to an end, nothing but bad news for gamers from NES to 3Dfuxxor and PiSS console lol Utter babyfied bollox from day one, FAIL

I've read that part about 10 times, and still can't make sense of it...

• Like 3

If only Ninbendo would come to an end, nothing but bad news for gamers from NES to 3Dfuxxor and PiSS console lol Utter babyfied bollox from day one, FAIL

I've read that part about 10 times, and still can't make sense of it...

Translation: "trololololo" with a dash of "derpity-derp"

• Like 3

^ this.

i should have not edited my above post but i did because Austin popped up right before i hit Post. it went a little something like this:

what dafffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ukkdidyoujustsay?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...