IGNORED

5200 Astro Grover

y-bot

I think I may have figured out what the issue is. I need to fix a few more of the carts to be sure but I just fixed one dead one.

dang it i just sent it back today what was your trick fix? just curious

i am a tad shocked they went out untested

when i made my controller adapters i tested each with missile command ,galaxian and dig dug just to make sure

live and learn i guess

Edited by bohoki

dang it i just sent it back today what was your trick fix? just curious

i am a tad shocked they went out untested

when i made my controller adapters i tested each with missile command ,galaxian and dig dug just to make sure

live and learn i guess

Okay problem solved. Here's what happened. CPUWIZ didn't have a working Atari 5200 so he sent me the first one to test which worked fine. I got the rest of the batch some weeks later and had forgotten that he didn't have a 5200 to test them on. I actually thought about testing them but never had time before PRGE. For some reason that first one has a small capacitor installed on the PCB and the rest of the batch he sent me doesn't. That's the problem, it needs that cap. I guess it shouldn't but it does. So everyone send them back to me and I will repair and return them. Sorry for rushing these out without proper testing. I have 13 tested, working and ready to go. I'll just swap over your number label and send them back ASAP.

I got mine at the PRGE and it's working fine.

-Jeff

What number is yours? Glad it's working. I tested every one I have left and only one worked which also happens to be the only one with that capacitor installed. I tore apart all the junk 5200 games I had and scavenged 14 of those caps. I was able to repair 13 carts. One has a different issue and still isn't working.

let me know what the code is on the capacitor and i'll get you 50 i think they run like 20 cents max each at my electronics store

maybe 12 cents if they are the one i think they are (104)

how many more pac man carts must die for this project

Edited by bohoki

• 1 year later...