IGNORED

Will the IntelliGods be on my side?

voltron

My friends husband works for best buy. Anyway today she comes up to me and says some random lady went to her husbands job and dropped off a bunch of old video games consoles as if they were goodwill. My friends husband is a manager at best buy and put the boxes into some corner bc according to some EPA guidlines they cant throw it into the garbage. they are required to hold the games until a special disposal unit picks up the electronics to dispose of them. I asked her did they pick up the games and the consoles yet. She told me No not yet. They wont be there until Monday. So i told her to ask her husband if they can give it to me. So she contancted her husband and he said yes, and that I just have to pick up the boxes before mon when they will be disposed off. Well I asked what was in them. He said old video games, he saw an game cube, an atari, an intellivision etc and lots of old game cartridges. Anyway, he said the magic word Intellivision so I told him I will pick them up. So cross your fingers for me and lets see if there is a Spiker in that lot. Well its already good since i will get some new consoles. But I am hoping the IntelliGods are on my side and threw a Spiker in there for me.

• Like 3

Reminds me of a recent eBay auction. This guy found a garbage bag full of games (62 CIB) that was dropped off at local transfer station. He sets up an eBay auction and posts a video on Youtube. In the video he's just tossing the games into a huge pile as he reads off the titles. Then he runs out of room and just mows them down like a kid destroying a Jenga. There was a Melody Blaster CIB, Thin Ice CIB, Mr Basic, Ice Trek, He-Man, Popeye, ECS with Manuals...Holy Crap I found it.

It's 25 min long, but kinda funny/painful watching him toss them around.

Also, hope you hit the jackpot :-)

• Sad 1

• 8 years later...
47 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Whatever happened to Voltron?  He came in collecting like a hurricane then poof! One day he was gone. 

One of these is true:

* He moved to Scotland to do dentistry on prize-winning sheep

* He runs a popular Voltron themed Facebook Group that's currently building a 10 meter tall semi-functional model of Voltron

* He's currently a YouTube personality specializing in eating gross combinations of foods, often blended into a grey soup

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

One of these is true:

* He moved to Scotland to do dentistry on prize-winning sheep

* He runs a popular Voltron themed Facebook Group that's currently building a 10 meter tall semi-functional model of Voltron

* He's currently a YouTube personality specializing in eating gross combinations of foods, often blended into a grey soup

Wow, all 3 of those are so fascinating ?

I am still around, real life hit me by suprise and hard a few years back and I sort of took a break from everything.  Things are finally stabilizing in my life so hopefully I can be active in the Intelliworld again. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, voltron said:

I am still around, real life hit me by suprise and hard a few years back and I sort of took a break from everything.  Things are finally stabilizing in my life so hopefully I can be active in the Intelliworld again. 

Dude! Awesome to see you post here. Hope we'll see you again and maybe you can answer the mystery about the Best Buy pick up all those years ago. Lol

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Dude! Awesome to see you post here. Hope we'll see you again and maybe you can answer the mystery about the Best Buy pick up all those years ago. Lol

There was unfortunately no Spiker in that batch, but hey on the bright side I rescued an intellivision from near death.