Just got through playing some Vectrex right now! Was debating on getting the new steering wheel controller, but there's not enough games out for it to warrant the purchase IMO. If it were a spinner and steering wheel all in one, I'd definitely go for it.

I have the multi-cart, the one with the on screen menu. It's nice because it's chock full of games, home-brews and demos, but I dislike the fact you have to turn the system off and then back on when you want to make a different game selection. Be nice if there was a button combo with the reset button that rebooted the system.

My Vectrex "collection" has come along way since just the barebones system was given to me by a member that I've had over to the house. Now have a homebrew lightpen, dust cover, a few overlays, two controllers, the multi-cart and a War of the Worlds cart. All in all, it's a great little system that fits well in my arcade game room. Be nice to get some more overlays for it though. Hmm... need to hit the chap up again who has made repro's of them. :)

It's a great system. There's nothing else like it. The controller's pretty good, the graphics are stunning and a lot of the games are great.

It's just a bugger that it's so bloody expensive to collect for. At least over here in PAL land. Even the homebrews are expensive - even if they do tend to be lovingly crafted. I'm just not rich enough to buy them all as much as I would like to.

I'm probably in the minority here but my favourite classic game on the Vectrex is Clean Sweep. There's just something really nice about it. :)

My collection's pretty small and I don't see it growing any time soon but I like what I have.

I've got 2 systems though one is dead at the moment. One dust cover (not official!) bought from Nanny through this very site, a handful of classic games (Berzerk, Clean Sweep, Pole Position, Solaris and a couple more). I also have a modified Megadrive controller and a couple of games from John Dondzila and Vectrexians too. I only have the original overlays for the classic games mentioned above but I do have loads of the repros that were talked of in the Vectrex Google Group a while back. They still sometimes appear on eBay as far as I know.

All in all, a wonderful and unique machine.

EDIT: I forgot but I actually have to flash carts for it too. One is one of those cheap jobs with the dip switches for selecting the pre-installed games you find on eBay. The other is one of Richard H's Vecflash carts.

Edited by PFL
  • Like 1

Vector War II kicks off tomorrow at noon EDT!

Winner receives:

10,000 forum tokens

Retrocade Magazine Vol 1 Issue 3 digital

a copy of the game "Shifted" from Revival Studios

and the top three finishers win a Vector War II t-shirt courtesy of Helmut Mueller.

How much does it cost? FREE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXc1A_wN6Js

I have 2 Vectrex consoles, one in working condition, one is dead but ready for major surgery to try and revive it.

These are my games:

- Armor...Attack

- Bedlam

- Berzerk

- Cosmic Chasm

- Fortress of Narzod

- Hyperchase

- Minestorm

- Protector/YASI

- Scramble (cart only)

- Solar Quest

- Space Wars

- Spike

- Star Castle (no box)

Overall, I think the Vectrex is awesome. It has a gorgeous style that (for my taste) still holds up well today. There simply nothing like it.

My only complaint about the Vectrex is that I can't play Tempest on it.... yet? :grin:

I acquired a Vectrex last year. Gotta say that I am quite impressed with the system. It came with several games and I've gotten a number of homebrews since then. Here is a list of the carts that I have:

• 3D Sector X
  • 3D Minestorm
  • 3D Crazy Coaster
  • AnimAction
  • Art Master
  • Blitz!
  • Clean Sweep
  • Color Clash (Limited Edition)
  • Continuum
  • Cosmic Chasm
  • Debris Revisited
  • Heads Up
  • Hellhole + Vectrosis Spinner
  • I, Cyborg
  • MultiCart (2nd edition)
  • Nebula Commander
  • Patriots
  • Protector/YASI
  • Scramble
  • Sectis
  • Shifted
  • Spike
  • Star Castle
  • Star Trek
  • Sundance
  • Thrust
  • Vaboom!/Vectrace
  • VecMulti
  • VecSports Boxing
  • Vector Pilot
  • Vectrexians
  • V-Hockey
  • War of the Worlds
  • Warrior
  • Zantis

I also have:

• 3D Imager
  • LightPen
  • Overdrive Controller

So, what do you have coming in the Fall, Red Raider?!

I missed an opportunity to purchase a Vectrex when it was a new thing. Last year I picked one up at a flea market and thought I had scratched off yet another item from my DO WANT list. I even purchased a cart just to sacrifice for the multi-cart board. Turns out I never use the thing and the person developing BASIC for the Vectrex never completed the project. That was the "killer app" for me.

Just got through playing some Vectrex right now! Was debating on getting the new steering wheel controller, but there's not enough games out for it to warrant the purchase IMO. If it were a spinner and steering wheel all in one, I'd definitely go for it.

I have the multi-cart, the one with the on screen menu. It's nice because it's chock full of games, home-brews and demos, but I dislike the fact you have to turn the system off and then back on when you want to make a different game selection. Be nice if there was a button combo with the reset button that rebooted the system.

My Vectrex "collection" has come along way since just the barebones system was given to me by a member that I've had over to the house. Now have a homebrew lightpen, dust cover, a few overlays, two controllers, the multi-cart and a War of the Worlds cart. All in all, it's a great little system that fits well in my arcade game room. Be nice to get some more overlays for it though. Hmm... need to hit the chap up again who has made repro's of them. :)

i dont own the steering wheel yet but it looks cool!

I acquired a Vectrex last year. Gotta say that I am quite impressed with the system. It came with several games and I've gotten a number of homebrews since then. Here is a list of the carts that I have:

• 3D Sector X
  • AnimAction
  • Art Master
  • Blitz!
  • Clean Sweep
  • Color Clash (Limited Edition)
  • Continuum
  • Cosmic Chasm
  • Debris Revisited
  • Heads Up
  • Hellhole + Vectrosis Spinner
  • I, Cyborg
  • MultiCart (2nd edition)
  • Nebula Commander
  • Patriots
  • Protector/YASI
  • Scramble
  • Sectis
  • Shifted
  • Spike
  • Star Castle
  • Star Trek
  • Sundance
  • Thrust
  • Vaboom!/Vectrace
  • VecMulti
  • VecSports Boxing
  • Vector Pilot
  • Vectrexians
  • V-Hockey
  • War of the Worlds
  • Warrior
  • Zantis

I also have:

• 3D Imager
  • LightPen
  • Overdrive Controller

So, what do you have coming in the Fall, Red Raider?!

WOW, i am jelous :D i dont own the 3d imager or light pen, but i do own art master :/

I have 2 Vectrex consoles, one in working condition, one is dead but ready for major surgery to try and revive it.

These are my games:

- Armor...Attack

- Bedlam

- Berzerk

- Cosmic Chasm

- Fortress of Narzod

- Hyperchase

- Minestorm

- Protector/YASI

- Scramble (cart only)

- Solar Quest

- Space Wars

- Spike

- Star Castle (no box)

Overall, I think the Vectrex is awesome. It has a gorgeous style that (for my taste) still holds up well today. There simply nothing like it.

My only complaint about the Vectrex is that I can't play Tempest on it.... yet? :grin:

it is a great console! nice collection!

It's a great system. There's nothing else like it. The controller's pretty good, the graphics are stunning and a lot of the games are great.

It's just a bugger that it's so bloody expensive to collect for. At least over here in PAL land. Even the homebrews are expensive - even if they do tend to be lovingly crafted. I'm just not rich enough to buy them all as much as I would like to.

I'm probably in the minority here but my favourite classic game on the Vectrex is Clean Sweep. There's just something really nice about it. :)

My collection's pretty small and I don't see it growing any time soon but I like what I have.

I've got 2 systems though one is dead at the moment. One dust cover (not official!) bought from Nanny through this very site, a handful of classic games (Berzerk, Clean Sweep, Pole Position, Solaris and a couple more). I also have a modified Megadrive controller and a couple of games from John Dondzila and Vectrexians too. I only have the original overlays for the classic games mentioned above but I do have loads of the repros that were talked of in the Vectrex Google Group a while back. They still sometimes appear on eBay as far as I know.

All in all, a wonderful and unique machine.

EDIT: I forgot but I actually have to flash carts for it too. One is one of those cheap jobs with the dip switches for selecting the pre-installed games you find on eBay. The other is one of Richard H's Vecflash carts.

ya i agree! its really expensive! the best deal i ever got was 15 bucks for 5 loose carts, one of them being art master!

Vector War II kicks off tomorrow at noon EDT!

Winner receives:

10,000 forum tokens

Retrocade Magazine Vol 1 Issue 3 digital

a copy of the game "Shifted" from Revival Studios

and the top three finishers win a Vector War II t-shirt courtesy of Helmut Mueller.

How much does it cost? FREE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXc1A_wN6Js

cool :)

WOW, i am jelous :D i dont own the 3d imager or light pen, but i do own art master :/

:) I just added 3D Minestorm and 3D Crazy Coaster. Completely forgot to include those on the list!

Do you know where to get the homebrew games? There are a couple of web pages you can get several of them from, directly from the folks who make them.

:) I just added 3D Minestorm and 3D Crazy Coaster. Completely forgot to include those on the list!

Do you know where to get the homebrew games? There are a couple of web pages you can get several of them from, directly from the folks who make them.

i do know! at classicgamecreations.com they sell alot of homebrews :) nice! i looove the vectrex, if it wasnt for my parents, i would be spending alooot of money on the vectrex lol