But the minicade was, and this used an unmodified Vectrex.....

more info at http://vectrexmuseum...rexminicade.php

ive seen a picture of that before. was it ever used?

"Before the Mini-Cade was discovered, it was rumored to exist as several people reminded an arcade cabinet in the public areas playing Minestorm. This could be the system they saw. There are seven systems known to exist. Two systems were found in the Massachusetts state."

But the minicade was, and this used an unmodified Vectrex.....

more info at http://vectrexmuseum...rexminicade.php

ive seen a picture of that before. was it ever used?

"Before the Mini-Cade was discovered, it was rumored to exist as several people reminded an arcade cabinet in the public areas playing Minestorm. This could be the system they saw. There are seven systems known to exist. Two systems were found in the Massachusetts state."

oh wow, i live in massachusets :D

• 3 months later...

Vectrex is amazing and I can't get enough of it. It's the best and pretty much only semi-accessible way to play real vector graphics video games anymore. The homebrew is awesome and figures to keep running strong. ... Only thing lacking is a reliable service to produce new overlays of as high quality as the originals, (most everyone who has ventured to produce them seems to move on to other things, or even swear never to do it again, because of the hassle and expense involved)

If I'm ever a billionaire I swear I will dump a ton of cash to commission the manufacture of a (backwards compatible) Super Vectrex console! Among other "recreational investments", I would certainly contract a programmer(s) to make my Vectrex ideas a reality.

However, I'm just a thousandaire at the moment, (and barely that), so my best hope is to someday complete my collection with the 3D imager/3D games, an MB console/controller and some of the harder to acquire homebrews. I have just about everything else, minus Space Wars and a few boxes.

Only thing lacking is a reliable service to produce new overlays of as high quality as the originals, (most everyone who has ventured to produce them seems to move on to other things, or even swear never to do it again, because of the hassle and expense involved)

You've checked out http://www.vectrexoverlays.com/Vectrex/Welcome.html

There are threads on here about those overlays.

I don't have any, but the people who bought them seem to be pretty happy with them...

And yes, the Vectrex is the best system ever.. ;-)

desiv

finally a Vectrex Forum, wish it a long life.

I am 45 so have my first one since 1984.

It would be useful someone can work to vectrex covers as seen here http://www.thecoverproject.net/

In Europe no UCG cases available but we reuse VHS cases and covers resizing.

It would be nice to have all original, homebrew and multicarts lined up on the shelves together with the other great systems of the time.

You've checked out http://www.vectrexov...ex/Welcome.html

There are threads on here about those overlays.

I don't have any, but the people who bought them seem to be pretty happy with them...

And yes, the Vectrex is the best system ever.. ;-)

desiv

For better or worse, I'm the fool that continues to offer the reproduction overlay service ;)

I've had a couple unhappy customers on eBay who were expecting a machined original or replica (i.e., they didn't exactly ready my item description)....but overall, the countless buyers have been happy to have a usable overlay to enjoy their games.

It takes me anywhere from 2 to 10 days to get to finishing an order as I only work on them on the weekends....so if you're patient, I can help you out!

I purchased a Vectrex lot off someone who had 14 of your overlays, and I cannot tell they are repro's. They are terrific.

PS: Anybody know why a Vectrex controller's x-axis only works if you hold the controller upside done?!?!

Sounds like a loose connection. If your up for it take that bad boy apart and have a look, chances are it will be an easy fix; and if not nothing to loose... just take care to put it together right ;)

Sounds like a loose connection. If your up for it take that bad boy apart and have a look, chances are it will be an easy fix; and if not nothing to loose... just take care to put it together right ;)

To open up the controller just apply heat to the controller sticker to take it apart (very carefully).

• 1 month later...

when were they found? there isnt much info on this on the internet :/