IGNORED

The ROM Generator

AtariGeezer

• 1 year later...

Just a quick note to say that I'll be adding support for Sys-Check II and Mega-Spedy in the next couple of months.

I'll also be replacing the internal flasher with the Universal Flasher that Candle had encouraged me to do after creating the Incognito Flasher (before FJC picked my brain on details on how I would go about creating it)...

Jay

I'll also be replacing the internal flasher with the Universal Flasher that Candle had encouraged me to do after creating the Incognito Flasher (before FJC picked my brain on details on how I would go about creating it)...

Fortunately prior knowledge of a disassembled and rebranded version of Trub's flasher didn't find its way into subsequent tools. :D

Jon, Grow the hell up...

I've never said I didn't use public domain code. Some of the code I used came directly from the Sic! flasher code that was posted as open source...

Now go on and get and STOP TROLLING and being such a WHINER!!! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whiner

And you're now on Ignore... :grin:

Edited by AtariGeezer

And you're now on Ignore... :grin:

Good. If only we can get Atari8Warez to follow suit, then we'll all be happy.

I've never said I didn't use public domain code. Some of the code I used came directly from the Sic! flasher code that was posted as open source...

That's fair comment, for the record.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Good. If only we can get Atari8Warez to follow suit, then we'll all be happy.

That's fair comment, for the record.

I don't pretend that I put people on ignore list and still continue to prowl behind the scenes. When I do put someone on that list it's final, but that's me.

• 1 year later...

This update has 1 Addition and 2 Changes

04/27/16 - Added - Support for FJC's updated uflash.
04/27/16 - Changed - Ultimate1MB Generator Now Shows Version and Date Info
for U1MB's BIOS, PBI and SIDE Loader ROMs...
04/27/16 - Changed - Incognito Generator Now Shows Version and Date Info
for its BIOS, PBI and SIDE Loader ROMs...

Note: Flashing of Incognito Prototype Boards is NOT possible at this time...

*************************************************************************************
Use this software at your own risk, eventhough it works for me, I can not take any
responsibility if you mess up your device by accident!!!
*************************************************************************************

Best Regards,
Jay

post-26874-0-61322600-1461778980_thumb.png

post-26874-0-55976000-1461778994_thumb.png

TheRomGenerator_v1_0_21.zip

Appears to work well, but I experienced a couple of small cosmetic issues when using release versions of the new firmware (i.e. versions 1.00 and up):

post-21964-0-17005900-1461783414_thumb.png

• Revision date of the loader appears stuck at 00/00/0000 for some reason
  • Main BIOS and SIDE Loader signatures have superfluous trailing characters. My theory here is that they are assumed to be null terminated strings, and while this was unintentionally true when the firmware's major revision number (which appears immediately after the six byte signature) was $00, it is no longer true now that the major revision number is $01. The string should be trimmed to six characters.

Other than that, looking very nice indeed.

• Like 1

Appears to work well, but I experienced a couple of small cosmetic issues when using release versions of the new firmware (i.e. versions 1.00 and up):

attachicon.gifROM Generator.png

• Revision date of the loader appears stuck at 00/00/0000 for some reason
  • Main BIOS and SIDE Loader signatures have superfluous trailing characters. My theory here is that they are assumed to be null terminated strings, and while this was unintentionally true when the firmware's major revision number (which appears immediately after the six byte signature) was $00, it is no longer true now that the major revision number is $01. The string should be trimmed to six characters.

Other than that, looking very nice indeed.

Okay, thanks, I'll look into it :)

Great - thanks. Note that in the new BIOS, the GOS slot only becomes active when the SDX slot is 192KB or less (the reason being that there will never be a GOS ROM of less than 128KB in size). Conversely, it's even possible to have a 320KB SDX slot, and - like the 256KB SDX ROM - this makes the GOS slot inoperative. The SDX size byte is described on page 6 of the technical manual. Being able to select from 192, 256, and 320KB SDX ROM sizes in your editor would probably be really useful too.

• Like 1

Great - thanks. Note that in the new BIOS, the GOS slot only becomes active when the SDX slot is 192KB or less (the reason being that there will never be a GOS ROM of less than 128KB in size). Conversely, it's even possible to have a 320KB SDX slot, and - like the 256KB SDX ROM - this makes the GOS slot inoperative. The SDX size byte is described on page 6 of the technical manual. Being able to select from 192, 256, and 320KB SDX ROM sizes in your editor would probably be really useful too.

Okay, I'll change it so the the GOS slot only becomes active when the SDX slot is 192KB or less.

I'm looking at the SpartaDOS X 4.47 Programming Guide, but not seeing any SDX Size Byte referenced on page 6. Would you be so kind to point that out?

• Like 1

Okay, I'll change it so the the GOS slot only becomes active when the SDX slot is 192KB or less.

I'm looking at the SpartaDOS X 4.47 Programming Guide, but not seeing any SDX Size Byte referenced on page 6. Would you be so kind to point that out?

I think FJC was referring to page 6 of his Ultimate BIOS Technical Documentation. Page 6 in that has a table of addresses and what they are used for. The single byte at $C00B stores the number of 8K banks the SDX ROM has.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...