IGNORED

The ROM Generator

AtariGeezer

• 2 weeks later...

This update fixes 1 bug, has 1 new addition and 1 change.

Where the program asks for the Saved ATR filename, but only shows the Bin and Rom file

extensions, now shows "ATR Images *.atr"...

One cool addition is the ability to make a SpartaDos image for the flashers.

The Ultimate1MB can now be flashed from this image by using the flasher from the SDX 4.45 update.

The program will now ask you to locate the appropriate flasher if the default flasher filenames are not found.

I'll be adding a language pack in an upcoming release...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (*NOTICE*) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The enclosed flasher is intended to be used with just the Ultimate1MB SDX image, but will flash all 64 Banks.

I have flashed the U1MB on my 800XL and 130XE and both upgraded nicely :)

Use this software at your own risk, even though it worked for me, I can not take any

responsibility if you mess up yours by accident!!!

====================================================================================

Jay

The ROM Generator.zip

Jay, self-booting Atari Dos ATR option is just a novelty at this time as SpartaDosX needs to be enabled for the flasher to work, but when SDX is enabled the ATR won't auto-load the flasher anyway, and there is no way to enable U1MB after the flasher has booted. Since every U1MB already has SDX, there is really no need for an Atari DOS version. That's why i didn't implement that in my ROM Builder.

Also IMO, with a software like a flasher, safety comes before convenience, that's why I rather have the user consciously load the flasher from the CMD line instead of auto-loading it with a AUTORUN.BAT.

But as I said these are my opinion and they don't mean to criticize your software..

Edited by atari8warez

Thanks for the feedback Ray,

Yep, currently the U1MB flasher does check for SDX to be enabled / present. But at the time the 1st Incognito Generator was conceived, a bootable ATR was thought to be best solution. That just converted the flasher from a exe/com to a boot disk... Later, I was asked to make a U1MB version, so I just incorporated the same loading scheme... In the future, a new flasher may not need the SDX check, but we'll have to wait and see...

I made a test ATR earlier that used the U1MB flasher from the SDX 4.45 package and found that it did indeed flash all 64 banks, but since it wasn't an "official" release or hadn't been approved to do so, I didn't use it.

But now that you let the cat out of the bag and hadn't received any messages saying not to use it that way, I went ahead and added it too :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, almost 14 hour later :)

The ROM Generator.zip

This update has 2 new additions.

1) A Language Pack

2) Sic! 31-In-1 support

The language pack as of now just has english text, but has place holders for Dutch,

German & Polish. Aditional languages can easily be added by editing the enclosed ini file.

For those who have some spare time, you can translate the text in the ini file.

You will see sections like "[Dutch]", "[English]", etc that has entries such as:

"FileMenu=&File"

or

"ErrRomSize=Expected ROM Size of %d Bytes, This File is %d Bytes!"

You can edit the part after the eguals sign ("="). For the Menus, you can add an

("&") before a letter that you want to use as a shortcut key.

Entries that contain the "%d" in the text are place holders for a decimal number,

so be sure that you do not for get to include those in a translation...

-----

Sic! 31-In-1 support has been added in this release and will write 128k, 256k or 512k

ROM Images...

Currently, The Create ATR function only makes a working Sparta Dos Disk Image. I will

post an update as soon as I get the DOS Boot part working on the Sic! Flasher...

If you have any questions or find a bug, please post here :)

Jay

• Like 1

The ROM Generator.zip

This update has 3 new additions, 3 Fixes and 1 Change.

11/12/12 - Added - Create ATR -> Make MyDOS Loadable Image

11/12/12 - Added - Settings -> MyDOS flash method as Autorun.sys or Flasher.com

11/12/12 - Added - Create ATR -> Make SpartaDOS Loadable Image

11/13/12 - Fixed - Sic! 31-In-1 Loading ROMs in Propper Location

11/13/12 - Fixed - Message When Exiting Program and You Have Changed ROM Contents

11/13/12 - Fixed - Message When Exiting Program and You Have Changed ROM Description

11/13/12 - ----- - The "Create ATR" Sub Menus Are Now Disabled If Flasher Doesn't Work

The My DOS and Sparta DOS ATR images Now Include a loadable DOS...

Jay

• 1 month later...

This update has 7 new additions, 2 Fixes and 1 Change.

THE ROM GENERATOR 2012-12-20.ZIP

11/15/12 - ----- - Sic! 31-In-1, Can Now Load Cartridge Images between 1k and 16k

11/15/12 - Added - Sic! 31-In-1, ".epr" and ".car" File Extensions When Asking For Cartridge Images

11/15/12 - Added - Settings -> Choose Use Internal Flasher or Prompt For Flasher

11/29/12 - Fixed - Message When Exiting Incognito Dialog

11/30/12 - Added - Loading Object Files in some ROM Slots. Expert Use ONLY!!!

12/06/12 - Added - Support for Incognito's Final Board

12/07/12 - Added - Saving Flash Method Setting in Registry

12/07/12 - Added - Saving Include Autoexec Setting in Registry

12/08/12 - Fixed - ROM Description Addresses for Incognito Final Board

12/20/12 - Added - New ROM Description Address Vectors for Incognito's Final Board

Use this software at your own risk, eventhough it works for me, I can not take any

responsibility if you mess up your device by accident!!!

=========================================================================================

Best Regards,

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a good feature to think about is the ability to flash only a portion of the U1MB.

This way, you can only flash a new SDX or ROM.

Since flashing takes a pretty long time and I'm currently flashing on a daily basis :P

Only thing at the moment is just to have SDX or the full 512k ROM flashed (I think), but since the SDX team always includes a flasher in their releases, it's not really a needed feature to just flash SDX...

Oh, and if you flash every day, you could get arrested ;) :-D

• Like 1

Here is the .ini file with the Polish translation made by me. :) Is it possible to add more texts to this file? I mean (among other things): Basic Slots 8K, 8K ROM Game Description XEGS Slots, 8k GAME, XL / XE 16 OS Slots, Game # 1 (to # 4), 800 OS Slots, 800 OS, XL / XE OS, Prototype Board, Final Board, Atari Boot Disk, MyDOS Image, Sparta DOS Image, Select Board Revision, ROM Size, Cartridge List, Cart #, Cartridge Name, Description:, Load ROM and all texts in the Settings menu (including OK and Cancel buttons).

Polish translation for TheRomGenerator.rar

Edited by voy
  • Like 1

Here is the .ini file with the Polish translation made by me. :) Is it possible to add more texts to this file? I mean (among other things): Basic Slots 8K, 8K ROM Game Description XEGS Slots, 8k GAME, XL / XE 16 OS Slots, Game # 1 (to # 4), 800 OS Slots, 800 OS, XL / XE OS, Prototype Board, Final Board, Atari Boot Disk, MyDOS Image, Sparta DOS Image, Select Board Revision, ROM Size, Cartridge List, Cart #, Cartridge Name, Description:, Load ROM and all texts in the Settings menu (including OK and Cancel buttons).

Thanks for posting the conversion :thumbsup: :)

I'll add more changeable texts, but some should stay the same, such as:

800 OS, XL / XE OS...

Jay

Another version of the .ini file. I found a bug in the latest version: instead of the string SelectBrdRevMsg (Select Board Revision) displays a string FinalBoard (Final Board).

I would like to ask you for more text strings to translate. :P

Polish translation for The ROM Generator 2013-01-13.rar

Another version of the .ini file. I found a bug in the latest version: instead of the string SelectBrdRevMsg (Select Board Revision) displays a string FinalBoard (Final Board).

I would like to ask you for more text strings to translate. :P

Cool, thank you for doing the conversion and the bug report :)

The ROM Generator 2013-01-14.zip

This update has 1 Addition and 4 Fixes.

The Following Fixes Are For The Incognito's Final Board ONLY.

01/14/13 - Fixed - Loading Colleen OS ROMs Could Overlap Each Other.

01/14/13 - Fixed - Copying Basic ROM Data When Loading the Main ROM.

01/14/13 - Fixed - Loading the Basic ROM At Correct Memory Location.

01/14/13 - Fixed - Loading Recovery ROM.

01/14/13 - Added - Version Info in About Dialog..

Jay

Edited by AtariGeezer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Version #13 is now available for downloading at it's homepage:

http://www.fiftyonef...ator/Dwnld.html

This update has 1 Addition.

02/23/13 - Added - Include Startup.Bat to SpartaDOS ATR. (Suggested by Rdea6 :thumbsup: )

Edit: I've been working on the Incognito flasher for the past 5 days and have the core flashing routines done. Now just have to include a menu and CIO routines to handle file I/O :)

Edited by AtariGeezer
  • Like 2