IGNORED

Emulation on the Original Xbox: COINOPS - The Last Emulator You'll Ever Use

It is the standard place.. just saying. At least for those who make these things possible. And 10x easier to get everything with one click, vs. navigating around. And yes they get uploaded to Usenet as well. But if you want an older version of something (e.g. Xbox Daphne where Cobra Command only works on an earlier version) than the FTP is the single one-stop place to get all versions, current and previous. Unless you really do enjoy the extra steps of googling and clicking . I mean look at how it took you a while to find.. posting "where is it" messages. And it took me all of 10 seconds to find it with zero searching. :P

it's all good. Just trying to be helpful and share info that's all. :)

post-31-0-00548900-1345967588_thumb.jpg VS. post-31-0-85473500-1345967921_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146

I'm not putting your choices down and i hear you, it has been my experience that most of what is posted there started out life on usenet. THAT to me is the be-all-end-all of places to find stuff of a binary nature. I also have had a few bad experience with people on IRC, and I just don't use it anymore, not since the early 2000s, it is a personal choice is all, no biggie

. I also have had a few bad experience with people on IRC, and I just don't use it anymore,

I hear ya and that is common. But I should mention that #xbins is purely a channel to activate the 1-time login info for the FTP (i.e. you have to join each time to get it). i.e. a 1 second process then you can close it as everyone does. You probably couldn't converse in there with anyone even if you tried nor they to you. :)

And as someone who regularly downloads gigs a week on average on Usenet for years, I hear ya too. But usenet to me = primary place to get complete sets of games, not really to get the most up to date versions of xbox emulators. You can get it there, but it can be a crapshoot, and you'd still have to search either manually, or via a nzb search engine like binsearch.info. And why do that when you know exactly where it is.. under the \emulator folder on the FTP. :P

hehe we know it well.........but the reason for this thread is the complete lack of help and understanding of CoinOPS and the agender to say its rubbish when its the largest downloaded and loved EMU the xbox has seen.....

im here to help....please keep out stuff that will lead to the agender of other dev that cant see any other option but to remove coinops....it can turn to this quickly....kill it quickly as these people will make me retreat and you will be back with your issue that I cant support you unless you come and see me....im there I talk and I dont use other names etc....

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

hehe we know it well.........but the reason for this thread is the complete lack of help and understanding of CoinOPS and the agender to say its rubbish when its the largest downloaded and loved EMU the xbox has seen.....

im here to help....please keep out stuff that will lead to the agender of other dev that cant see any other option but to remove coinops....it can turn to this quickly....kill it quickly as these people will make me retreat and you will be back with your issue that I cant support you unless you come and see me....im there I talk and I dont use other names etc....

I'm not sure what you are referring to exactly. I think the discussion just side tracked a little regarding where to find xbox emus but it is always on track overall. we are not as strict here as some places when it comes to download links and so forth. I think everyone here understand what the focus is. we're all about the coinops. I was merely following you example when you asked people to try the other emu and report back... I doubt I'll have time to check it out anytime soon but I am quite skeptical that it can even come close to coinops.

its all good it was reference to the other site mentioned.....as long as they dont bully here im fine with you guys....they like to track me down and stop you guys finding out about howing to use coinops more....most dev seem scared and seek to flame coinops from all sites....hope im wrong.....they seem to think coinops threatens all other emulators on the xbox so they ban together trying to stop a hobby......I wont say anything more about it....if it doesnt go that way im here to help......

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

its all good it was reference to the other site mentioned.....as long as they dont bully here im fine with you guys....they like to track me down and stop you guys finding out about howing to use coinops more....most dev seem scared and seek to flame coinops from all sites....hope im wrong.....they seem to think coinops threatens all other emulators on the xbox so they ban together trying to stop a hobby......I wont say anything more about it....if it doesnt go that way im here to help......

dude, that's fucked up, why do people behave that way? it makes no sense, are they all twelve years old?

just a few but they are vocal....strange behavour they say I log on as others and stuff like that :) as you found im easy to find and communicate with. They never talk face to face, bully people on facebook and stuff like that....really thats no worries they are just kids id say....but I am open to an open community.....they lock it away cause they are scare of coinops by looks.....just keep that stuff out and I can help anyway you want....id say I unstand CoinOPS pretty well

cool....hey have your say on when coinops 5 is released on the working group....ill be deciding on the thread on release timeframe this week from that thread....it wont be public

if you have a thought on it...you can discuss it here with people if you want....ill lock down a release time frame by the weekend....

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I hope CO5 Full won't be difficult to find/obtain even if it's not a "public" release. :) I'm very eager to download it as soon as it's available.

[Edit: Sent you a PM, BP, I am interested in joining your "working group" if at all possible (over at CO)... Promise I'm not a troll :) Just love gaming and emulation. My CO forum name is jrlepage as I mentioned in the PM. Thanks!]

Edited by Domino8282

hey BP, I can assist you with that, hook me up with CO5 and your current documents and I will sit with it and write up an easy start guide/faq based on my own experience using it. I'll have time from tuesday on through the weekend.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

• 4 weeks later...