IGNORED

TurboForth V1.2 (Beta)--Evolution & Arcana

Lee Stewart

Hi Lee, any chance the FPL will be usable outside of Forth?

Absolutely! I have made a few changes to accommodate the recent changes to TurboForth v1.2; but, they can be undone for other uses. The TF version can also be used, of course. I just need to finish the user manual so it's clear to any user how information is passed to/from the library. What I had that used FAC and ARG was pretty much completed (including the manual); but, @Willsy needed to make some changes to the TF core that made it easier to pass information in registers. I'm pretty much done with that version except for patching the manual. I was kind of waiting for Mark to weigh in on my high-level TF changes before continuing. That said, let me know what you need or are interested in and I should be able to get it to you.

I should mention that the FPL, as it stands at the moment, cannot be loaded by the E/A module because it must be loaded at 2000h (AORGed there). That can be changed to be relocatable, I'm sure, if that would work better for you.

...lee

Absolutely! I have made a few changes to accommodate the recent changes to TurboForth v1.2; but, they can be undone for other uses. The TF version can also be used, of course. I just need to finish the user manual so it's clear to any user how information is passed to/from the library. What I had that used FAC and ARG was pretty much completed (including the manual); but, @Willsy needed to make some changes to the TF core that made it easier to pass information in registers. I'm pretty much done with that version except for patching the manual. I was kind of waiting for Mark to weigh in on my high-level TF changes before continuing. That said, let me know what you need or are interested in and I should be able to get it to you.

I should mention that the FPL, as it stands at the moment, cannot be loaded by the E/A module because it must be loaded at 2000h (AORGed there). That can be changed to be relocatable, I'm sure, if that would work better for you.

...lee

I don't have anything at the moment - just thinking ahead to a project I had started some time ago and may pick up next year ;)

• 2 months later...

Hey Mark, where is that post where you detailed what VDP registers you were setting for 80-column mode (2 GMODE)? I know we talked about it *somewhere* but I can't find it.

Perhaps you can tease it out of Mark's source code for "Graphics Words" on his website here. It's the first routine (_gmode).

...lee