IGNORED

So..how mad can I really be about this? (gameofjapan.com)

Crazy Climber

Okay, just a quick inquiry here. About a week ago I placed an order with www.gameofjapan.com because they had the rare Double Dragon 2 sega megadrive game (CIB) in stock. This was pretty much the MAIN thing I wanted, but due to me only using EMS shipping for overseas orders I decided to order a few other less rare games (5 or so) I wanted to justify the high shipping costs. Basically Double Dragon 2 was the only reason I placed the order.

Well, a week later I was sent an email saying my order shipped and they gave me a refund for Double Dragon 2 saying it was out of stock. I was also given a refund for a CIB Madden football for the Megadrive with the same explanation.

PROBLEM 1 - Double Dragon 2 being out of stock, I wouldn't have placed the order if not for this since I basically paid $35 shipping for some other megadrive games that I wouldn't have paid that much to ship here. I would have at least like to be contacted first since there are a few other higher dollar games I am interested in and could have bought one of those instead

PROBLEM 2 - I was also refunded for Madden Football ($4) claiming it was out of stock...but it is now on there website at a price of $14. Okay, maybe they priced it wrong, whatever I'm cool with that but don't lie to me and say it's out of stock please

PROBLEM 3 - Paid for EMS shipping a week ago, finally shipped yesterday. I can overlook this one since they were probably trying to find DD2 but still, just another complaint I am adding...

How mad would you guys be? As someone who not only buys but sells a lot of stuff I try to keep my complaints to a minimum but I feel this was a little mis handled so I might drop them a complaint email, basically I'm not very happy, lol

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

This kind of thing makes me very angry. More than it should if I'm going to be honest about it. If the complete order can't be shipped there should be a contact to make sure the customer still wants the rest of the order. I have had this problem before and I simply can not stand it.

• Like 3

This kind of thing makes me very angry. More than it should if I'm going to be honest about it. If the complete order can't be shipped there should be a contact to make sure the customer still wants the rest of the order. I have had this problem before and I simply can not stand it.

I've never had good luck with importers. I think it's pretty bad that they didn't HOLD your order since they couldn't fulfill in whole.

Good to hear I'm not the only one that thinks this was kind of shitty. Ugh, they have so many other games I want, how hard would have been to just ask! :)

that whole website is a scam. you really think they have this at that price??

lol, well I have actually had decent service up to this point (my third order) and I understand a huge store will have a few price mistakes so I can get past that but my main prolem is with the DD2 and I'm having trouble letting that one buck :)

I would be more concerened about

High Risk Website Blocked

UsrViewBlocked_policy

BLOCK_RISK

• Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website.

• Return to the page you were previously viewing.

•  

• Like 1

I would be pissed. To be honest, I wouldn't bother with Japanese seller sites unless you are going through something like their eBay store where you are in a position to open a case after the fact. I think GameOfJapan has an eBay store, actually.

You are right they do have one, first time I bought from them was ebay and they left the website name in my feedback. I noticed the site had cheaper prices if you buy direct so I started using it. True though, if it was ebay I bet they would have contacted me first so I didn't neg em/etc.. maybe the bay is the way to go from now on...

• 4 years later...

This needs to be bumped so to provide a current warning to potential shoppers.

I'm presently dealing with some fraudulent BS with gameofjapan.

Placed an order for a PS1 game I've been looking for, and to make the most of shipping charges I shopped for some other items.

Shortly after my order was placed I received an email saying the items are out of stock and a refund will be issued. ...why wasn't the refund issued right then and there??

The next day I get an email asking for my email address so they can issue the refund. Huh? they have the paypal info already! I respond with my paypal email ...the same one they are already contacting me with.

Two days pass and I get an email saying my refund has been made. Strange there is no email from Paypal, so I check Paypal. ..no refund.
I email gameofjapan asking for my refund.. No response. two days after that I file a complaint with Paypal. still nothing from gameofjapan. Still no refund.

Edited by Koa Zo

I would be upset. Usually when I order, I am looking for just one game. If I find that game, I usually add a couple or so "add-on" games since I am paying for shipping anyhow. I never would pay for the high shipping for just the "add-on" games because they are not worth it to me. So I guess I completely agree with ya. It is a bad deal. You get just the "add-on" games and get stuck with the high shipping. You never get the game you really placed the order for, yet pay all that shipping for nothing.....bad deal.

I would cancel the whole deal if you can.

I'd be mad as hell. I try to NEVER order from anywhere outside of my own country for the same reasons. It's just too risky. Not to mention the fact that most of the time,if there is a problem, there's a language barrier. If they don't speak the same language, then communication is usually routed through Google translate. Trust me, neither of you will understand what the hell is being said. I've dealt with it firsthand. I recently had a similar incident, but with a different seller, that's a story for another thread..

I also tried to go to the website, just to check it out. My Windows computer wouldn't let me access it, so I tried my Android tablet and was immediately alerted that this site contained harmful malware and was a known phishing site. My Windows computer, running Chrome, just refused to acknowledge the site even existed. This, along with your story, and the others I've seen here is a good enough reason for me to stay far, far away from this site. If I were you, I'd try my best to get a full refund, through Paypal, your credit card company, or whatever. I wouldn't let them get away with it. They could have EASILY contacted you, but they chose not to. They were smart enough to know that if they contacted you, you would have canceled the entire order. They wanted money and didn't give a s@#t about you. I say fight the bastards and get your money back.