IGNORED

Criterion better not F**K this up! I will screw them!

macgoo

The best racing game of all time was not ported to the Xbox 360 properly (5fps when it rains is a joke!) and not even released on the PS3!! Now Criterion have decided to do their own version of Need For Speed : Most Wanted!.

I've seen the trailer and obviously it does not include the best car ever sold in the world (BMW M3 GTR 2003-2007) but I am worried it will be one of those games centred on multiplayer and not the actual single player game, which is what makes NFS:MW the best racing game ever programmed for any system at any time on this planet.

There was a lot of gay back slapping and hoo-haa about Criterion doing it when the E3 trailer was shown (yeah so what, their games are nothing special in my book) but they better not make it some leaderboard based wank with token cop cars and stupid story! NO! :?

Don't remake stuff and ruin it for god sake.

Edited by macgoo

Most Wanted is pretty good but the best racing game ever? Better than Hot Pursuit? Better than Gran Turismo or Gran Turismo 2? It's all subjective I guess but "best racing game ever" is a pretty lofty claim. I do like Most Wanted a lot and I certainly like it more than any NFS that has followed it.

Of course it won't be exactly like Burnout Paradise but you'll be in an open world

It will be Burnout Paradise with real car licenses.

If that's true, where can I pre-order?! (Hopefully it'll have a better soundtrack as well)

Criterion is doing it and it's going to be open world.

http://www.shacknews...-wanted-preview

One of the modes is even called "Takedown".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTi6uinHT30"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTi6uinHT30

Another NFS game filled with Supercars judging by that video. YAWN..... The reason I liked the original Most Wanted so much was for all the tuners in the game, and with the tuning garage/paint shops throughout the city. Really I don't understand the draw of Supercars all the time.

The best racing game of all time was not ported to the Xbox 360 properly (5fps when it rains is a joke!) and not even released on the PS3!! Now Criterion have decided to do their own version of Need For Speed : Most Wanted!.

Strongly disagree... I would never call an Arcade Racer the best of the Racing Genre... but that's just my opinion.

For me:

1. Gran Turismo 3 (haven't had a chance to jump into 4 yet... looks even more dominant than 3 is)

2. Forza 3

3. Test Drive Unlimited (PC)

4. Flatout (PC)

there's so many other amazing Racers to choose from... it's a tough call for said Genre ;-)

Yeah, I have to disagree as well on the best racer comment. My tops would be Forza 4, NFS - Porche Unleashed, Project Gotham Racing 2, and Rallisport Challenge, but , as you said, it's all opinion.

My main curiosity here is how the OP plans to "screw them" if Criterion manages to "F**k this up". Now I actually hope Criterion does mess things up just to see the incoming screwing that's going to go down.

• Like 1

My main curiosity here is how the OP plans to "screw them" if Criterion manages to "F**k this up".

Well, when a man and a videogame disc love each other very much, the man puts his spindle into the disc's hole and screws it really fast.

I wish I hadn't read that.... :woozy: