IGNORED

Inspector REV is on the case.

Rev

This will act as my attempt to discover the truth behind to the proto 'homebrew' releases of Robot Rubble and League Of Light for the Intellivision.

Found this very interesting message, It shows ties between Roger, Chris Neiman (intvman) Joe Z, Intelligentvision and Willy,Tim (presumably bigtimcut) and mike H...and Keith Robinson releasing cart games! Darn!!! I want to go to the next CGE now! :)

Roger (psychostormtrooper) and Bigtimcut are involved in releasing these two games, but did they burn the rom/eprom themselves?

Very interesting read about CGE2K5. More to come as I dig it up, unless whoever released these wants to share info.

=========================

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris Neiman. I produce the new IntelligentVision games.

(I want to publicly thank Arnauld, Ryan, Joe Z., and Mike H. for

their programming participation.) Many people have had questions

about the IntelligentVision website. The old contract

IntelligentVision had with the service provider has expired. We are

in the process of moving the site to another location. We we're

hoping to have the new site up by now, but as many of you know, the

Classic Game Expo was held this last weekend. This event prevented

Roger and me (remember that movie?) from working on the new site. We

hope to have the new site up and running by the end of the week so

that Intellivision gamers and collectors can purchase the re-release

of Joe Z's World Famous 4-Tris. As with Joe Z's orginal release of 4-

Tris, the IntelligentVision version of the game will be sold in

limited quantities. Be sure to get your copy soon because many were

already sold at CGE2K5. I will post the link once the new site is

up. Thank you for your patience.

Onto CGE2K5...

I had the opportunity to attend CGE2K5 last weekend with Tim L.

and Willy Moeller. I had a blast with Tim and Willy, although I wish

we could have spent more time playing two-player Inty games. I did

manage to get the best of Willy on MLB 12-1, however, I think his

controller was sticking. The NFL score was much closer at 12-9 after

2 quarters of play.

It's always great to hang out with fellow Intellivisionaires.

Anyway, here's the part everyone wants to hear...

During the event, I spent about an hour with Keith R. at the IP booth

on Friday evening before the show. He showed me the two protos of

Illusions and Deep Pockets. Both of the protos do in fact fit into a

standard Mattel cart shell. However, since they were protos, one of

the games was sporting a standard MLB label while the other had a

LVP&B label (donor cart shells). I asked to see under the hood, but

Keith would not allow me to look since the games were not available

for sale at the show. The retail games were not ready in time.

Keith R. did say that their board design uses EPROMs, not ROMs. He

also said there are two chips on the board. I played both the protos

on a standard Inty and they are what he said they are... Illusions

and Deep Pockets... completely playable versions.

My story differs from Tim's a little bit. Keith told me they were

going to release 8 new (previously unreleased) titles over the next 2-

3 years. They are going to release them 2 games at a time. 500 of

each title will be produced for a total run of 4,000 carts. I asked

him about future titles but he wouldn't say. He was skepitcal they

could sell all 500 of each title. He is not worried about running

out as soon as they hit the market so there is no need to scramble to

get one.

Interestingly, IP is not using recycled Mattel cart shells like

IntelligentVision does. The company producing the carts is a

contractor (BTW, it isn't IntelligentVision as someone here

thought). The contractor is having new cart shells molded. I asked

Keith if they were going to be identical to the traditional Mattel

cart shell design or if they would be different. He said he hadn't

decided which made me believe they are still aways away from having

them available for purchase. He said he was thinking about having

the Running Man molded into the new cart shell design on top of the

cart shell. I told him he ought to do the new cart shells in new

colors like dark blue. He said he might do that. I asked him if he

found the original dies to mold the shells, but he said the original

Asian dies were dumped in the sea near Hong Kong or Taiwan (or

whereever they were manufactured in Asia). This didn't answer the

question about the USA dies. So, I don't know how he will get the

new cart shells manufactured.

Keith told me that IP was going to have overlays, boxes, and color

manuals for the new games. The boxes are going to be similar to the

KC BASIC boxes. For those of you who don't know what those are...

they are the Mattel book-style boxes with a window cut out in the

front cover. The window allows the manual to serve as the box title

(and game cover) just like the KC cassettes such as Geography

Challenge, Family Budgeting, and the 3 Crossword games. That way,

all 4,000 boxes will be identical to one another. He didn't say they

would be book-style though. I didn't ask him about how the overlays

and manuals will be done.

Keith told me the new games were going to be sold for about $25

each. He said IP may have to go as high as $30 depending on the

final costs of production. He did NOT tell me $20 like he told Tim

the next day. He says he wants to get carts out to satisfy the real

gamers and collectors. This is a complete 180 from what he said a

year ago when he saw Stonix at the last CGE. Back then, he said that

IP looked into making new carts a couple years ago but that it just

wasn't cost effective. Today he now has plans for 8 titles. Someone

asked me if I thought IP was making carts because IntelligentVision

is making carts. I ABSOLUTELY believe that to be the case.

I hope this answers some questions about the new products IP will

sell. I can't think of anything else to add right now so if you

think of questions let me know.

Sincerely,

Chris Neiman

Edited by revolutionika

Here is an AA thread with talk about sean kelly and the Robot Rubble rom:

Posted Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:34 PM

FND said:

castlewolfenstein said:

madmartian said:

I have been unable to get hold of Sean Kelly. I paid for a cartridge LAST MAY and finally got it after almost 5 months and posting on this forum. Unfortuantely, I got a defective cartridge and verified this with someone he knows locally (the folks at Ground Control). He has ignored any emails I sent since late October when he asked me to verify it on another machine, which I did and wrote him in early December and again each month since. Has Sean Kelly "gone bad"? Did he change his email address? What's up with this guy?

I feel sorry for anyone that gets involved in any type of deal with this scam-artist :x

This is the same person who told he can change 3 of my River Raid Intellivision prototypes into the League of Light I owned to make more money. :roll:

I had a problem with stuff he said over email. I asked him to email his # so we can talk about it over the phone. The coward wouldn't give me his phone #. He loves to talk tough over email, but hides behind his computer. :roll:

Is this Ben from across the bay ? how ya doin ? Find any more proto's lately if not your over due, for awhile there you were finding them on a regular basis.

I remember when you found those Intv protos (league of light, Robot Rubble, Happy Trails, River Raid ) and you told me about his offer to copy and replace the EPROM's. I could be wrong but I thought you had sent them to him for verification, Only one copy of that was ever found and I believe the case was melted or burnt in some way ( I remember most of them looked like they were saved from the incinerator) you don't happen

to have a picture or scan of that original item do you? It may be useful if

multiple copies start to surface.

FND

Hello Frank,

Long time no see, or hear from!!

"and you told me about his offer to copy and replace the EPROM's. I could be wrong but I thought you had sent them to him for verification"

I sent it to him to take a look the stuff back in 1999 I never seen or knew about protos back then, so I had him help me try and figure what the unknown games were. There was only one League of Light and 3 different versions of Robot Rubble, so if there any other carts out there, they are copies unless someone made another legit find. Also I don't have any scans from the carts. Chris "INTVMAN" is the guy you would need to contact about getting scans. I also recall the roms on the cart had the text rubbed off of them.

I just came across 10 NES protos (Tengen), which includes the unreleased Airball. The last Atari Protos I found were the 1 Alligator People and the 2 carts of Planet of the Apes back in 2002.

Here is some more interesting information about Intelligentvision, This is all great info, I need to make a freaking chart to keep it all straight! lol

=====================

The History of Intelligentvision

The Beginning

In 1998, Dan B. met David W., who was an original programmer at Mattel. David was very talkative and hinted that there were quite a few unreleased Intellivision games they had worked on back in the day. After communicating by email for a period of time David eventually told Dan that a former colleague of his had many T-Cards with unreleased games (some finished, others unfinished). After about 4 years of email correspondence, Dan flew out to Los Angeles and purchased a sealed, boxed, keyboard component computer for the Intellivision. Dan also picked up all of the ultra-rare cassettes for the KC. A few weeks later, Chris N. was brought in to help pick-up and borrow the T-Cards of the unreleased games for the purpose of mailing them to Joe Z. and having Joe save off the contents of the T-Cards.

Planning it out

At the 2003 Classic Game Exposition in Las Vegas, Dan B. and Chris N. were discussing the desire to produce the games Dan had found. David H. joined in the conversation and began discussing logistic issues. It was decided to start producing homebrew games before the unreleased games so Chris and Dan planned on contacting programmers to finish their games. At the time, the only games ready for cart were Minehunter and 4-Tris (previously released by Joe Z.). In September, Chris began researching what was needed to have physical carts made.

David wanted to be part of the project and proposed to Chris to allow him to be part of the team if he could get Stonix completed. David contacted Arnauld who was willing to work together to update/finish his demo. Now being part of Chris’ team, David began doing more behind-the-scenes work. Having made other commitments, Dan decided not to continue working on the project.

Getting ready for production

With the team in place, Chris began taking care of the requirements for the hardware working with Joe Z. and Chad S. while David took care of the manuals and boxes. After many hours of discussing what the presentation of the games would be like, Chris and David decided that the games should have the feel of the 83’ games as the ultimate goal was to release the unreleased games.

Needing overlays, David attempted to contact Roger M. whom produced the Orphan overlays. Roger was unavailable so it was decided not to include overlays with the games. For the fun of it, David and his wife tried to design an overlay. (See the prototype under Stonix History.) Luckily, Roger became available and his experience at making overlays was used. Roger also performed the work of creating the artwork and box layout.

Chris was bogged down with getting the hardware needed together. Organizing the board designs and programming the chips took longer than anticipated. David was working with Arnauld to complete Stonix but programming, level design, and testing was taking longer also.

The games start to roll out

It seemed that things were coming together, but then it also seemed that a road block was around every corner. It was a step by step process, and then after 9 hard months of work, the game programming, manual, overlay, boxes, and board assembly were completed for Stonix. With the game selling well, it was obvious there was a demand and that more games should be produced.

Minehunter was queued up to be next. Chris wanted SameGame & Robots (programmed by Mike H.) to be the 3rd title but David did not believe it was good enough to be put on cart. It was decided to re-release 4-Tris to give David enough time to finish SG&R. 4-Tris was released but SG&R was not done yet. As the release date was nearing, David had a falling out with Chris due to fiscal management. Instead of waiting for David to complete the programming, Chris put a prototype of SG&R on cart and began sales. SG&R was “completed” and was included in the games over serial number 100.

David left the team, and Roger moved forward with producing League of Light and Robot Rubble. It was a challenge to get Chris to help so Roger ended up with most of the production responsibilities. These two titles were not widely available as Joe had reservations on programming the boards. By the end of 2005, Intelligentvision had come to an end as Roger quit also.

More homebrews

At one of the Classic Gaming Expo shows, David had offered to help Joe finish Lunar MP which had been in the programming stage for 4 plus years. In 2006, Joe took up David’s offer. Joe’s focus was to continue programming the game and David’s was to design the game levels. The game was originally going to have the same levels as the arcade but David convinced Joe to include more. The name of the game changed to Space Patrol and Joe made the game with 8 different levels/4 planets. After 9 months of hard work, the game was done. David had no intention of starting up Intelligentvision again so Joe released the game in 2007 under his name of Left Turn Only.

Finishing what we started

David was contacted by Carl M. and Willy M. in 2010. They discussed getting Carl’s Donkey Kong released on cart. David’s only interest in helping getting this game produced was because he knew collectors would cherish the release and that it would show that Coleco’s release was not what it could have been. It was agreed that Carl would finish the game and David would produce it. After about 1 year of negotiating with Joe, David realized that he had to produce the game with a new team. At this point, it was obvious that if so much work was going to go into producing Donkey Kong that it was time to produce the unreleased games under the Intelligentvision name. Wanting to do a better job than the first round of games produced, David sought the help of true artists using Gil G (an old friend), and Chris S. The team was rounded out with Oliver P. that would take care of the final box designs, overlays, and cart labels. In 2011, Intelligentvision released 4 titles. 2012 has seen 4 more titles.

"Roger moved forward with producing League of Light and Robot Rubble. It was a challenge to get Chris to help so Roger ended up with most of the production responsibilities. These two titles were not widely available as Joe had reservations on programming the boards"

I found this on Digit Press forum. By Sean Kelly and John hardie.

============================================

Hey boys and girls! Did ya miss me last issue?? I'll bet that DP didn't completely fill that videogaming void like it usually does, but not to worry...I'm back!

Our theme this issue is emulation or something along those lines and I was thinking to myself..."self, didn't you already write about emulation in a previous issue?" I answered myself back. "Yes, you did write about emulation but it was quite a few issues back and since when do we adhere to the theme anyway??" I got into this lengthy discussion with myself, which got quite heated at times I might add, and in the end, we decided we should write about little furry animals.

Little furry animals are just so soft and fun to touch how can anyone resist them? Sometimes I find myself just petting and petting them until all their fur has fallen off into a big pile of lint on the floor and they are nothing but a bloody pulp - myself has a tendency to get carried away at times.

I'll bet you're wondering by now what the hell I'm writing about little furry animals for aren't you? Well, the real problem here is basically the same as it was last issue - nobody has really pissed me off of late!

My job here at DP has traditionally been to point-out the morons involved in videogaming - both past and present. "See that guy over there? He's a moron! Sit back, tear open a fresh bag of pork rinds, and I'll tell you all about him". Luckily for us, and unluckily for my column, I haven't run into many in the past couple months so I find myself sitting here staring at a blank screen (myself has also been known to sit and watch ice melt, but that's another column) with nobody to warn you about.

Actually, there was this one guy about a month ago…

This guy is not a videogame collector - he's a "professional" eBay'er that ran across a very nice stash of prototype classic videogames. Included in his score were two previously undiscovered Intellivision games and prototype versions of several released Atari 2600 titles. I don't recall how the guy found me, but he got in touch with me and asked about having the games archived to preserve the data onto a more secure media (ala CD-ROM).

As you might expect, I was anxious to check-out the goods. I get a fair bit of mail from people asking about "prototypes" they have and the vast majority of them simply don't know what they're talking about so I was only about half-expecting something decent, but I was anxious nonetheless. I mentioned to him that it would be best if he sent them as soon as possible because of the possibility of bit-rot and he eventually sent them.

When I opened the box, the first thing I noticed was that these protos looked like they had been buried under 87 tons of dirty diapers for the last 20 years! They were disgusting! By the same token, they also looked quite "real". Some of the Activision titles had the standard solid red label that Activision slapped on many of it's prototypes although the color of the labels was very difficult to judge considering their condition. I started plugging them in one by one and sure enough, they were the real deal.

The two Intellivision titles were Robot Rubble and League of Light - both of which I thought to be undiscovered as of yet. There were several different revisions of Robot Rubble and, I believe, at least two copies of League of Light.

One version of Robot Rubble seemed the most complete of the lot and I played it for a while. The game was fairly unique and I enjoyed it for the most part. You play a standard "running dude" who's running along the bottom of the screen trying to avoid the robots laser fire while tossing some sort of grenade at the robots above. The longer you hold-in the fire button, the further the grenade goes so it was a skill to be mastered in getting the distance right. For bonus fun, sometimes your grenades didn't quite hit the robots dead-center so it would only damage them and they would quickly re-assemble themselves if you didn't toss another grenade up there to finish him off right quick. In later levels, the robot would have one of his buddies helping him smoke your ass so the action got quite hot and heavy in trying to avoid fire from two robots who eerily seemed almost intelligent in the way they were very protective of each other. Not a bad game at all!

League of Light, on the other hand, was almost certainly drug-induced. I have yet to figure out what the purpose of the game is. It's some sort of 3D perspective tunnel-traveling thingus. You have no character on-screen to control yet in front of you there is this tunnel of sorts that's comprised of multi-colored blocks. The disc, sometimes, controls movement in the tunnel and it seems you are supposed to help your non-existent character avoid the sides of this tunnel. As you might expect, I crashed into the walls virtually every time within the first ten seconds. I don't know whether the game is incomplete, I'm an idiot that can't figure out how to play, or there actually is no point to the game and some sicko programmer still occasionally chuckles when he thinks of someone trying to play his game.

There was also a sprinkling of released Atari 2600 titles in various stages of development. Most only had minor graphic differences from the released versions and I didn't find them all that interesting.

So back to our "hero" that found this stuff. After I had gone through the stuff, I got in touch with him and told him he had some really cool stuff here that could fetch a decent buck. He even had several copies of most of the games.

Naturally, I went after one copy of Robot Rubble for my personal collection to which he responded that he wasn't sure he wanted to get rid of them so that deal wouldn't be possible. I had mentioned these protos to a couple friends of mine one of which noticed an auction on Yahoo for Intellivision and Atari 2600 prototypes. The starting bid was $1,000,000 (yes, you're seeing the correct number of zero's there). It seems my "buddy" thought I was stupid and I didn't know there were these websites out there that allowed you to post items for sale - or better yet, for auction. You know, eBay and the like. Apparently he's the only one that knows about these places and I'd never find-out he'd listed that auction. Lucky for him I'm too stupid to find places like that on the internet...otherwise I might have been pissed that he was trying to blow smoke up my ass.

When I call him on the Yahoo auction, the tone of his emails quickly changes. No, no, no...he's not selling them. He's just trying to see if anyone would be interested in them. I mean it's a very distinct possibility that even though there are over 5000 auctions on eBay for Atari, Intellivision, and Coleco stuff, nobody would want this shit he'd found.

My advice to him is to end the Yahoo auction that's currently making him look like an asshole and keep quiet about them for a couple weeks. Let people forget about the moron that thinks he's found the Holy Grail and come back with them in a few weeks on eBay - one at a time though! I tell him that many people into classic gaming know me and that if he were to allow me to help him devise a strategy for selling them, he could probably do much better than he will as some schmoo that nobody has ever heard of. Mr. eBay knows better than me, but, here again, he's trying to be cautious with his words because he's starting to get a little worried that I might not send his stuff back for some stupid reason. The guy's obviously an asshole, unfortunately though, that doesn't give me the right to steal his stuff as much as I wish it did.

It's kinda like people that drive like assholes. There truly should be a national "Smash Into an Asshole" day in which you're allowed to take out some piece of junk car and just crash it into people that don't know how to drive all day long. I've had dreams about a day like that! Same goes for my prototype buddy here...if only he had sent them to me during national "Steal Stuff From Someone That Doesn't Deserve It" week, the stuff would have been mine. He was apparently without a calendar and was concerned it was that week so seemed fairly panicked that I wasn't going to send his stuff back even though I would never consider that. I ran with it and made sure I DIDN'T do anything to reassure him I wasn't a thief.

One of the friends I mentioned the prototypes to was Keith Robinson of the Blue Sky Rangers. I had dropped him a line to see if he knew anything about the two titles. Keith said he already had a copy of Robot Rubble but hadn't heard anything about League of Light and would like to get a copy of it but he wasn't willing to take-out a second mortgage on the house (Keith had seen the Yahoo auction also) for it so he was going to check around with his contacts and see if he could locate one of his own. I mentioned this to our hero and suggested that he offer a copy of League of Light to Keith at a reasonable price (like $150-$200) which would satisfy the BSR's, keep Keith from going out to find more of them, and then he would still be the only one with a copy of League of Light available making it a bit more valuable. This was before I had sent back his stuff though so he tried to pacify me saying that he'd seriously consider the idea but I should just send them back right away because he "misses them".

So I've read-in all the data and I box-up his games and send them back but I forgot to toss-in the CD-ROM with the back-up of the data. When he gets his box back, he goes off on me. Because the CD with the data was not included, I am to delete all the data off of the CD (hello? I didn't think you could delete stuff from a CD-ROM) and destroy any copies of the games I had. Does that mean I have to smash the cartridge I made to play Robot Rubble from? Ummm...I don't think that's going to be happening anytime soon but he did say to delete the files from the CD and the only CD I had was his. Since I couldn't delete them, I had to snap his CD in half to be safe. Hey...I was only doing what I was told to do.

Now he's full-blown into "I have found the Holy Grail" mode and is threatening (yikes!) legal action and everything. He's telling me how I'm just a "baby" because I didn't get what I wanted and that my idea about offering a copy to Keith Robinson at a reasonable price was just my way of trying to kiss Keith's ass to get stuff out of him. He tells me all about how bit-rot is just a line of bull I fed him to get him to send me the carts and how Keith never really had Robot Rubble until I'd sent him the data. If we could go back to the national holiday concept for a moment, the same holds true here. Even though I would have liked to, I said I wouldn't distribute the data and just because the guy is an asshole, that doesn't mean I get to go back on my word. I have the data to several games I've read for archiving purposes that I would like to distribute but I can't because I said I wouldn't. Several of these people are assholes too so let's just hope that we can vote-in a "You don't have to honor promises to morons" day!

The bottom line is that I got exactly what I wanted from him - the data is now preserved! Sure I would have liked a cartridge for my collection, but I can certainly live without it and I'm not going to sell my kids into slavery to get one. I get sick and tired of these people that have no clue what they're talking about telling me I'm wrong. I'm referring to bit-rot here. While I don't want to get too technical, in a nutshell, what it means is that the chips that prototype games are stored on WILL eventually start randomly losing their data. The data is stored on them with an electrical charge and the estimated shelf-life is around 15-20 years. In case you haven't heard, this is 2000 and these games were made in the early 80's. Do the math yourself and get the data backed-up! If you have the means to do it yourself, please do so. If not, I can do it or send them to Santa if you want, just archive the data somewhere it will be safe. When the chips start losing data, your game will no longer work and without a backup, it can't be restored. That prototype you've been hoarding so you can have that warm and fuzzy feeling about being the only one to have a copy will be worth a whopping ZERO!

Anyway, he continued to ramble on about all sorts of other pyscho bullshit. For a while it was amusing but in the end, I had to remind him where his anal cavity is and ask that he deposit the cartridges there. I did, however, flag his eBay account to see what the Master eBay'er did with them. Sure enough...Robot Rubble shows up on eBay a couple weeks later.

Unfortunately, my buddy had a WebTV account and no real means of taking screenshots or scans of the cartridges. He took what looked to be a bad Polaroid of his TV playing Robot Rubble and the same of the cartridge itself. It's too bad, because I have these nice, clean emulator (ding! ding! ding! See...I'm adhering to this issue's theme!) screenshots he could have used. He had no one to vouch for the authenticity of the protos and nobody had ever heard of him so he ended-up getting around $400 for the cart. Not too bad I guess, but I know I could have done better with it.

So what's the moral of the story boys and girls? Well basically, send me all your protos right away! :) Seriously, two things. First, there's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to maximize what you can get for your stuff, but use your head. I don't do baseball cards at all and I have no real contact with that "world". BUT if I found a rookie Nolan Ryan, I'd certainly enlist the help of someone that knows more about that stuff than I do to help me in doing the best I can with it and I wouldn't mind at all sharing the loot with them. Second, get your protos backed-up - NOW! I'm just waiting for the day that I get an email from the guy that's had this prototype sitting in a little glass case for all the world to see how cool he/she is and one day they decide to put on the white gloves and plug that puppy in and it doesn't work. Then they'll come crying to me to fix it. Sorry...it's toast and there's nothing that can be done to bring it back from the dead.

One last word about my prototype buddy before I go. As much as I hate to admit it, the stuff he has is real and you'll undoubtedly see more from him on eBay in the future. He does have more than one copy of each of the unreleased titles so there's no need to get real crazy with them as he'll surely be selling the others as well.

Last but not least, go read the Classic Gaming Expo ad in this issue. The dates for the show have been set and it's going to be a blast! Most all of the DP staff will be there and if you missed it last year because (sniff sniff) Las Vegas is too far away or (boo hoo) it's too expensive or (wimper wimper) this hobby isn't supposed to be "commercial". Get a life, save up your pennies, and get your ass out to Vegas this July! Classic Gaming Expo is EXACTLY what this hobby is all about - getting in touch with people just like you. There is no other place on the planet where you will find a larger gathering of people that are into the exact same thing as you!

In case anyone is wondering why I want to know who released these games, it is to satisfy my own personal curiosity, nothing more, nothing less. I tried contacting people back in 2008 but was ignored. Why the big secret? Am I the only one that thought it was weird that these games just seemed to appear? seriously......

What is most upsetting is that all I really wanted was to buy a copy, There was plenty to go around, Valter has 4 copies......I "had" to pay around 700 to 800 per game, frikking ridiculous!

("had" to pay...that is a whole other subject..LOL :grin: )

If someone wants to PM me I will stop my investigation and keep it to myself. Actually, I think I pretty much have it figured out.....Im waiting on an email.

I too wondered about those games... I also wondered why so many "feelings" seem to get hurt and folks get pissed off...

Roger bailed, Steve Orth seems to have abandoned his site, some people seem to have a beef with Harley and I am SURE there are many more issues that don't even make the light of day.

I too would love to have a copy of the game but there is NO way I would pay the going prices, just not gonna happen

Rev, I can't speak for anyone else but I appreciate what you have done !! Thanks !

I too wondered about those games... I also wondered why so many "feelings" seem to get hurt and folks get pissed off...

Roger bailed, Steve Orth seems to have abandoned his site, some people seem to have a beef with Harley and I am SURE there are many more issues that don't even make the light of day.

I too would love to have a copy of the game but there is NO way I would pay the going prices, just not gonna happen

Rev, I can't speak for anyone else but I appreciate what you have done !! Thanks !

Steve Orth has INTVfunhouse, right? I dont know if he abandoned it really, he just doesnt have a main news page really, It still has a wealth of knowledge, I love his site!

Yeah, the price these games command is retarded. But when I bought my copies the money was flowing and I was in Voltron collecting mode.

I think my investigation is over anyway, I already have my answers now.

I guess i havent been around long enough to Understand what you are investigating. Can you post a cliff note version? i am curious. but not being around those listed years i have no clue of what happened.

The two games: Robot Rubble and League Of Light were released in secret. I missed out on them. No one knows who made them. I was trying to find out who did. now I know. case is closed. I am sworn to secrecy too as part of the Intellivision Templar Brick Masons carrying the secret to my grave.

I guess i havent been around long enough to Understand what you are investigating. Can you post a cliff note version? i am curious. but not being around those listed years i have no clue of what happened.

The two games: Robot Rubble and League Of Light were released in secret. I missed out on them. No one knows who made them. I was trying to find out who did. now I know. case is closed. I am sworn to secrecy too as part of the Intellivision Templar Brick Masons carrying the secret to my grave.

Great information but now I'm sitting here wondering "So how ended up releasing them?"

Tho I suppose the question I'm most interested in is "Why is there a need to the secrecy?"

The ones who know, like me, the secret of those two games have sworn to keep it unrevealed and we'll do so.

The reason is that they were clearly released in violation of copyright rules, but they're absolutely top quality.

They look exactly like other activision box games and, I am sorry to say, they are consequently much better, as design, then most of other homebrew boxes.

In particular of the 150 pieces released almost all of them have normal intellivision cartridge and label, but really a few of them (I don't think more than 10, I have one of them, of each game) have the activision shell and special large label:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/169543-what-style-of-cart-do-you-have-for-robot-rubble-league-of-light/

These ones are incredibly requested by collectors.

The ones who know, like me, the secret of those two games have sworn to keep it unrevealed and we'll do so.

The reason is that they were clearly released in violation of copyright rules, but they're absolutely top quality.

They look exactly like other activision box games and, I am sorry to say, they are consequently much better, as design, then most of other homebrew boxes.

In particular of the 150 pieces released almost all of them have normal intellivision cartridge and label, but really a few of them (I don't think more than 10, I have one of them, of each game) have the activision shell and special large label:

http://www.atariage....eague-of-light/

Cheers for that, now we know why the secrecy. And that's satisfied my curiosity.

Wow, there's just too much drama around here...

Steve Orth has INTVfunhouse, right? I dont know if he abandoned it really, he just doesnt have a main news page really, It still has a wealth of knowledge, I love his site!

Yeah, the price these games command is retarded. But when I bought my copies the money was flowing and I was in Voltron collecting mode.

I think my investigation is over anyway, I already have my answers now.

Steve last updated his site in 06' ?? And a Canadian friend of ours said he was pretty much over it ..... :_(

I wonder why :ponder:

And yes the drama seems to be in Costco size quantities ... it's just games people ... just games

http://www.atariage....eague-of-light/

Cheers for that, now we know why the secrecy. And that's satisfied my curiosity.

. My crusade has ended. I am satisfied. Now this thread can die peacefully.....

Telling people that there are 50 copies sitting somewhere was not meant to add fuel to the fire...it was meant as a warning to 'not waste your money paying big bucks for this copy'.

Telling us OCD intv collectors not to pay big bucks for games is like telling OCD intv collectors not to pay big bucks for games.

Telling people that there are 50 copies sitting somewhere was not meant to add fuel to the fire...it was meant as a warning to 'not waste your money paying big bucks for this copy'.

Well im not bidding on the item. Whats weird is some peole contacted me about it to prevent inflation and see if some sort of deal could be arranged. i ultimately decided I wasnt going to bid on it, but it looks like non sniper have already started auction inflation, which means that the snipers will probably take this ober 1k

Edited by voltron

I seriously do not think its worth anywhere near that much. I'd say it's already fairly priced. If this goes way up, it'll bring others out of the woodwork. I would just wait and bid on one of the next couple instead.

Well im not bidding on the item. Whats weird is some peole contacted me about it to prevent inflation and see if some sort of deal could be arranged. i ultimately decided I wasnt going to bid on it, but it looks like non sniper have already started auction inflation, which means that the snipers will probably take this ober 1k