skr

5 days left to the Deadline, and we already got four competitors:

Games:

- Ridiculous Reality - Matosimi

- Keep on Koastin - Jason Kendall

- Caterpillar - Holger Bommer

Tools:

- OTA Viewer (Nokia) - Sikorsoft

Keep on posting, there´ll be money awarded for the first five places and some goodiies for positions 6-10. Handing in something raises the chances to win something by 100% ! ;)

OH NOES. 10 months of working on Tigerduck's and my game - and now you tell me the deadline is end of August and not end of September.

Hmpf. We had so good progress at Fujiama and September seemed realistic...

I guess that means enough time to polish it for next year's contest - and that Tigerduck & I have to pay one round of beer for everybody at the ABBUC JHV...

Edited by JAC!

Now? We are telling it all the time:

1. General Rules

The contest is open to every user. ABBUC membership is not requested. Deadline for the software

contest 2012 is 31 August 2012.

Dammit. What about some more "not moving green Pullover" days? ;)

Edited by skr

OH NOES. 10 months of working on Tigerduck's and my game - and now you tell me the deadline is end of August and not end of September.

Hmpf. We had so good progress at Fujiama and September seemed realistic...

I guess that means enough time to polish it for next year's contest - and that Tigerduck & I have to pay one round of beer for everybody at the ABBUC JHV...

Since when do you develop games? i hate competition :P

i am fighting with the deadline myself here. 5 weeks of development... its so close to finish :)

PS:

Found a bug in my mini-kernel. This is the reason for one of the two bugs in MJO RC6. Maybe there will be a RC7 (or even final of MJO in 2012 after all :) )

Edited by Creature XL
  • Like 1

No fear of competition required. Tigerduck promised to code a game in ACTION! for the contest - or pay the beer.

He and came up with something "that is simple and doesn't exist yet for the Atari".

8 months later he understood why it does not exist up to now: The game is simple - coding it on an Atari is not :-)

So we stay with the beer - this time.

Edited by JAC!

Update (latest entry in blue colo(u)r):

Games:

Tools:

- Asteroids-Emulator - Norbert Kehrer

Edited by skr

10 ? : ? : ? "I am thinking of a number from 1-10 " : N=INT(RND(0)*10+1) : T=0
20 ? : ? "Your guess "; :INPUT G : T=T+1
30  IF G<>N THEN 20
40 IF T=1 THEN ? "Congratulations, got it first try" : GOTO 10
50 ? "You got it in "; T;" tries" : GOTO 10

Only 3 game entries. Here's my sure bet for fourth prize then!

• Like 2

10 ? : ? : ? "I am thinking of a number from 1-10 " : N=INT(RND(0)*10+1) : T=0
20 ? : ? "Your guess "; :INPUT G : T=T+1
30 IF G<>N THEN 20
40 IF T=1 THEN ? "Congratulations, got it first try" : GOTO 10
50 ? "You got it in "; T;" tries" : GOTO 10

Only 3 game entries. Here's my sure bet for fourth prize then!

Of course you could give it a try. Why not?

But for the prices the categorie of a program doesn´t matter. So we actually have 5 entries (and some more are announced, hope to get them in time) and the worst you could make is 6th place (at least a small price), IF you add a remark that the software is written for the ABBUC Software Contest 2012, add documentation and screenshots. Then of course you can participate even with such a simple and small program.

Blow it up with some graphics and sounds and there you go. It´s that easy. As I wrote: "Handing in SOMETHING..."

Don´t feel shy, people! We all know that great sound and graphics alone don´t make a winner game.

Edited by skr

Don´t feel shy, people! We all know that great sound and graphics alone don´t make a winner game.

I should do just fine then :D

Seriously it's good to support this contest even if you're an also ran like me!!! The abbuc magazine subscription is very modest and worth it just to receive the contest games on disk once a year - even if you can't read most of the magazine like me :ponder:

I expect the very decent prize money encourages a few people to support our machines that bit more. There have been some fantastic A8 games over recent years Jewel Bits, Mighty Jill Off, Robix etc etc and there was Yoomp! of course :)

p.s. If anyone wants any testing doing I'm happy to help ;)

ha ha ha,

good try Rybags !! But err, according to the rules "Abbuc gets the right of a premiere release" - well, you already released this program at atari-age forum... ;-) So you have to send in another program now - or make a giant update (with gfx, animation, etc. etc.) to the program released above... ;-) ;-) ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

The abbuc magazine subscription is very modest and worth it just to receive the contest games on disk once a year - even if you can't read most of the magazine like me :ponder:

The magazine and the disk mag is free.... for members ;)

What I want to say is: to pay 31.20 € per year is more than a subscription for a magazine. With the membership fees the ABBUC is able to support the atari scene (for example fund hardware projects like SIO2USB, sponsor events like Silly Venture, prizes like Software Contest, and so on).

The abbuc magazine subscription is very modest and worth it just to receive the contest games on disk once a year - even if you can't read most of the magazine like me :ponder:

What I want to say is: to pay 31.20 € per year is more than a subscription for a magazine. With the membership fees the ABBUC is able to support the atari scene (for example fund hardware projects like SIO2USB, sponsor events like Silly Venture, prizes like Software Contest, and so on).

Would be great if it would be possible for individuels to do without teh disks. Honestly they just lay around here (about 60 by now :))

I know, it's a topic for the JHV. However, can someone tell me if it poped up in a recent JHV-meeting?

Seriously it's good to support this contest even if you're an also ran like me!!! The abbuc magazine subscription is very modest and worth it just to receive the contest games on disk once a year - even if you can't read most of the magazine like me :ponder:

I expect the very decent prize money encourages a few people to support our machines that bit more. There have been some fantastic A8 games over recent years Jewel Bits, Mighty Jill Off, Robix etc etc and there was Yoomp! of course :)

+1

Would be great if it would be possible for individuels to do without teh disks. Honestly they just lay around here (about 60 by now :))

I know, it's a topic for the JHV. However, can someone tell me if it poped up in a recent JHV-meeting?

For me it's a steady supply of new disks for my 1050 ;)

Right, that's my hat thrown into the ring... and i sent me game off as well. =-)

And it arrived. Wonderful.

Games:

- Callisto - Jason Kelk

Tools:

There already was a decision last year. Wolfang pointed out that the whole idea started with a disk mag and that he wanted to keep it a disk mag as long as the supply of disks allows this. In addition it was decided that all released mags are uploaded in the memeber area of the ABBUC site in a timely fashion, so the user who do not have/use disks drives anymore also benefit.

There already was a decision last year. Wolfang pointed out that the whole idea started with a disk mag and that he wanted to keep it a disk mag as long as the supply of disks allows this. In addition it was decided that all released mags are uploaded in the memeber area of the ABBUC site in a timely fashion, so the user who do not have/use disks drives anymore also benefit.

I completely agree with that decision.

Years ago I didn't have a disk drive always connected to my Atari and I asked to upload disk images in member area in a timely fashion.

Yepp, now it comes back to me. OK, so be it. If the disk supply dries up, I send my Abbuc-Mag disk to Wolfgang.

just to be clear, the mag is great, but I NEVER put those disks in my 1050 (if it works, I do not know).

My game will be arriving 31.08. 23:59. So much to do ;)

@TMR: So Callisto is in... don't think it's the only shooter in the compo ;)

My game will be arriving 31.08. 23:59. So much to do ;)

A little hint: As the 31st is a Friday and for example Americans have other time zones, there still is Friday when it´s already Saturday here. And of course I respect those time zones. ;)

Talking about the US: There is a submission from Florida.

Games:

- Callisto - Jason Kelk

- Voyager - Frank Cernese

Tools:

• Like 1

have you got my contribution?

Yes, got it. I am busy with assembling my bed so that I don´t have to sleep on the ground anymore. It arrived today and for a single person it is not too easy to assemble it. But here we go:

Games:

- Callisto - Jason Kelk

- Voyager - Frank Cernese

- MazezaM - xxl

Tools: