IGNORED

What's the rarest 7800 game you own?

Gorfy

I bought the other day on ebay a loose cart of Water Ski (with its manual). I guess it's probably my rarest game.

I have dozens of 7800 games CIB, but they are PAL. I don't know if they are rare or not :

42In3.jpg

Recently I also bought for a good price : Fatal Run, Hat Trick, Dark Chambers, Fight Night and Realsport Baseball. All CIB and PAL versions.

• Like 2

The problem of a boxed sealed game is,that you do not know,if it is PAL or NTSC,cause the boxes are the same.....

greetings Walter

the biggest problem with boxed games is your not playing them!!

None of my games are boxed all boxes go in trash cart goes in machine.. Most of my manuals are wrecked from water damage or threw in trash after knowing how to play them.

I got all the rarest 7800 origional releases....................

However, The rarest one I have if "Missing in Action"......

Unfortunatly, It doesn't work, LoL..........Its just like the name says. It really is missing in action.

Did you buy the MIA cart from me? If so, please let me know and I'll take care of it.

Mitch

I got all the rarest 7800 origional releases....................

However, The rarest one I have if "Missing in Action"......

Unfortunatly, It doesn't work, LoL..........Its just like the name says. It really is missing in action.

Did you buy the MIA cart from me? If so, please let me know and I'll take care of it.

Mitch

No, I bought it from another member, but ill respect his privacy by not telling who.Everything else I got from him worked fine, so I'm sure it wasn't intentional.Unfortunatly, since I tried to contact him, I've received no more replys back from him.Oh, well...I guess ill just have to "charge it to the game" and move on. Ill live.But I really do want that game badly, as I believe that Missing in Action potentially might become one of my favorite games for the 7800....I've never played it before, but have seen plenty of pictures.It looks graphically impressive for the 7800 anyway.If the person purchased "Missing in Action" doesn't respond back, will it be a possibility to buy a cart of that game from you instead?I really want the game enough that I would buy another.PM me

For me, it has to be the Atari 7800 port of Double Dragon. Over ten years ago, I actually had to slug it out with bidders on Ebay to get that game (metaphorically speaking of course).

It was worth it. The game is impressive for a system intended to play simple arcade ports like Asteroids, Donkey Kong, and Ms. Pacman. Did I also mention it's closer to the arcade game than the NES port?

• Like 2

I can't say for sure, but I have Planet Smashers, Ikari Warriors, Water Ski, and Alien Brigade CIB, which I think is rare-ish. I have Double Dragon and Commando on cart only.

EDIT: Oh, and is Rampage rare? I have that one cart only.

Edited by Atarifever

My rarest one is Pole Position II.

I picked up 2 sealed copies from my local Retro store recently, $10/ea... took them home, and tried to wipe them down like I normally wipe any sealed game down (90% A. on a paper towel), they are the only games that I've damaged the ink on the cardboard box, the A. rubbed some of that silver clean off in lil oval shapes all over the boxes. They look terrible now, sealed, with minor peaks/holes and these weird spots where the A. pulled the silver off. I don't think any of my Atari games are rare.... I have a sealed (vg seal) Empire Strikes Back for the 26 that I paid $40ish for shipped.

^ Dude, wth are you taliking about?? Anyways, my rarest would definately be my water ski.

I believe he is saying he uses alcohol on a paper towel to rub down the plastic on his sealed games first when he gets them, to clean the plastic I guess. I have a similar ritual every time I get a new sealed game. I immediately drink some alcohol, open the wrap, and play it.

I only buy sealed games because they're usually in better shape, and are guaranteed to be CIB (no missing warranty cards, posters, or manuals thank you). I'd never buy one to keep it sealed.

• Like 2

^ Dude, wth are you taliking about?? Anyways, my rarest would definately be my water ski.

I believe he is saying he uses alcohol on a paper towel to rub down the plastic on his sealed games first when he gets them, to clean the plastic I guess. I have a similar ritual every time I get a new sealed game. I immediately drink some alcohol, open the wrap, and play it.

I only buy sealed games because they're usually in better shape, and are guaranteed to be CIB (no missing warranty cards, posters, or manuals thank you). I'd never buy one to keep it sealed.

That is correct (all plastic gets wiped down with alcohol). Anything that isn't sealed (paper based, cardboard/etc) gets wiped down with a wet paper towel (dampened with some water).

I usually go through a few beers while I'm cleaning, and on looong sessions... easily will go through a sixer. :)

For the 26 & 78, I'm only buying sealed games. 'except' for one... so far, I can't find Combat or Asteroids sealed... I can find them brand new with the paper fold still glued, but can't find any that have plastic seals around the boxes. Only on those two titles, everything else I'm finding sealed copies of... it's weird :?

Edited by Protoplasym