IGNORED

What's the rarest 7800 game you own?

Gorfy

• 2 weeks later...

Geez!I saw a loose 7800 Commando at ebay for $150.Not sure if that's the going price or just the usual "eBay inflated price".I am missing that one and i would also love to get my hands on "Alien Brigade".Mostly i see PAL versions of those games at eBay.Those would have been my rarest if i had bought them a few years back when they were cheaper.I guess my Rarest 7800 game would be either my sealed Midnight Mutants, or my loose Ninja Golf, which a have 1 loose of each.Does Missing In Action #23 " which i bought here at AA count as rare?

Edited by Rik

Tank Command is my rarest. I've also got Mean 18 as well. I'm not sure if homebrews count, if so I've got a numbered Space Invaders cart.

Sure,homebrews count :)

And i also own complete 7800 games and all dev carts,made by G.J. Percy

And for sure all known homebrews and several

protos

My rarest is the only known existing Pole Position,built in Bios :)

greetings Walter

Yeah, i thought so.I saw that on eBay just last night actually.There is no way in hell i'll pay $150 for Commando no matter how bad i want it, especially LOOSE :? .You would figure for that price it would be at least CIB and sealed, STILL that would too high a price!

I'm a newbie and wanted to weigh in. Well, I have a complete in box Atari 7800 collection...with the exception of 3 games (Tank Command, Fatal Run, and Summer Games). Summer games is easy to get. Also have 6 Homebrew/Prototype games, including Missing in Action, Sirius, Klax, Super Pac Man, Pac Man Collection, and Junior Pac Man.

So, I guess my hardest game to get was Planet Smashers and I got lucky with Missing in Action...the seller was real cool and I got Klax and Sirius at the same time.

Tank Command still eludes me. I also have a complete Sega CD Collection and can honestly say, my atari collection was fairly easy to get, but overall is more expensive per game. Didnt really think the Atari 7800 collection would be that expensive...I'm probably overpaying, lol.

When I complete the collection, I'll wait a few years and try and sell the whole thing with the Sega CD collection for 1 gazillion dollars...almost ready to retire, lol.

• 2 years later...

Hummm I have the Commbat 1990 but it's dissapeared after my move... *sigh* ... other then that I have a compleat NTSC collection and some of the Homebrews and Hacks (like MIA and Kessel Attack)

IMG 1738

Here it is minus the HSC and 1990 Combat- both missing but owned.

None of my huge 2600 NTSC production carts are here - just the homebrews and hacks.

Edited by FireTiger
  • Like 1

I guess Alien Brigade according to the Atari Age rarity guide. After a decade & a half of on & off collecting I now have every official NTSC game except Ikari Warriors :) (which I'm sure will turn up at a decent price eventually)..and Tank Command + Mean 18 Golf (which unless I really luck out, I don't see being in my collection for a very long time, if ever at all)

I also picked up Super Pacman & would like to get Beef Drop, Sirius & Plutos some time in the future (And definitely Bentley Bear if that makes it to cartridge?) ....On a side note, can anybody point me to a complete list of 7800 & Lynx homebrews/ reproductions? Seems this site isn't updated that great

Edited by Stevaside

I have only a small handful of 7800 games, only a few boxed...but the rarest in my collection is Basketbrawl, which I recently acquired. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. But I got it mainly because I kinda know the guy who wrote the manual. He's among my circle of Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fans, and some time ago told me to go on AA and read the manual to see if I could spot his touches. :)

• Like 1

I have a loose Motor Psycho. All of the other 7800 carts I own appear to be a R3 or below.

I've never owned a 7800 (although I came very close to buying one several months ago). 100% of the dozen or so 7800 carts I own came in lots mixed with 2600 carts.

It seems to me that a lot of R3 & R4 titles are harder to find for the 7800 than comparably rated games for the 2600, never mind higher-rated games. That's just my perception though, and it may very well be skewed by Ebay listings/prices (it doesn't help that I almost never come across 7800 carts in the wild, and when I do it's the really common stuff like Donkey Kong and Centipede).

That said, I don't think I have any real rarities (I had Basketbrawl CIB around 10 years ago, which I later sold. I got a good price for it, but I do regret selling it now). I guess my rarest are Commando, Kung-Fu Master, Double Dragon, Midnight Mutants, and (though not necessarily rare except in comparison to DK and DK Jr.) Mario Bros.