IGNORED

Mysterious Song for TurboGrafx-CD shipping now!

Yeah. It was brought up, but I am guessing the other Eponasoft projects like Monolith will take priority.

Yeah, I didn't know anything about it! I'm pretty sure Mono is the main priority, with maybe one or 2 other games that I'm not as privy on. I do know Mono shares the Jungle Bros. current engine, though, maybe as both game progress, they'll have their own tweaks. I'm honestly not sure which one will be released first. JB is really far into production, but there are some things(like the sountrack) for Mono that are already done!

Unless the factory pressed discs somehow perform worse than cdrs, which is unlikely considering it was not the case with the last Turbo/PCE CD game pressed by the same manufacturer. I hope to receive my pressed copy of Mysterious Song this week. Once I do, I will be recording an uncut video of the game played from the beginning through the first boss. We'll see how well the final product performs then.

I'm still looking forward to that...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking forward to that...

I currently have to work seven days a week due to a series of events, so I won't be able to put together a video any time soon. After I finally received the games I tried it out on a couple setups. Unfortunately, it seems that they both are not in optimal running condition, but the game still performs well. I recently sold a couple perfectly running Duo systems and now regret it, as it would have been nice to benchmark the game.

With my PCE CD-ROM setup, loads are four seconds each. On my TurboDuo they are three seconds each. The laser getting lost issue, which is a hardware factor and happens with all CD games, usually occurs about 5% of the time, with the odd longer stretch without it happening (especially with my Duo).

When it does happen, if you do none of the standard tricks to reset it, then the load can take UP to twenty (might only be seven) seconds before the laser resets on its own. So almost all the time you play with

A month later and I still have not recieved my copy. I am one of the first 100 copies ordered(YEARS AGO). Since the last update on the website stated that it would be a couple more weeks before the bonus items were done are ready to go(a month ago). I am just wondering if there is a heads up on WHEN this will be ready to ship out. I guess that if something is given a timeline of being ready, and then it is delayed...I would(please) appreciate an update. Most appreciated, John.

Actually, all the preorder stuff is done. However....

"I have good news and bad news... the good news is that the second batch is now finished. The bad news is that the USPS website states that the first package is in... San Juan PR. Seems like it was returned to sender. I guess I'll pick it up Tuesday and just ship them all out at once."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

All of the preorders are in the process of being sent out right now. We ran out of shipping materials so some are going to be delayed for a few days while new stuff arrives, but everyone will get their order no matter what.

EDIT: And yes, a Jaguar port is in the mill, though it will be some time before it goes into production. Eponasoft already has two projects ahead of that (Monolith and Xymati), and I personally am also already involved in two active projects at Frozen Utopia (Jungle Bros and Dragon Arm). Furthermore, on a personal level, I want to put some distance between myself and this game for awhile... the number of times I have played through this game while developing it exceeds the number of times all of its customers will play through the game combined. Imagine listening to a song you like about 5000 times in a row... how many plays will it take before you get sick of hearing it? Maybe 100, maybe 200, maybe 500... and then you've still got all those plays to go. Well, that's what this is like. :)

Edited by Nodtveidt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
31 minutes ago, TonySwish said:

Any chance anyone knows a place where this is still available to purchase?

Figured someone might have a stash leftover that might be for sale.

I got a copy for $40 last year. They still pop up from time to time. GoodDealGames may still have some… I swear I saw it somewhere recently. You could ask on TurboTown if you are on Facebook.

3 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I got a copy for $40 last year. They still pop up from time to time. GoodDealGames may still have some… I swear I saw it somewhere recently. You could ask on TurboTown if you are on Facebook.

Yeah I see them not too uncommonly on ebay. Sometimes for a very reasonable price (near original release), sometimes not. I think it'll keep popping up.

Good game....old school for sure but one of the few RPGs of the last 2 decades I actually finished....

• Like 3