IGNORED

FS: Xbox1 SoftMod Kit - MechAssault Game w/ case & manual + MemCard w/ save

Mark Wolfe

Hi, I have a few DIY soft mod kits for sale for the Xbox 1.

For $25 shipped Priority Mail within USA, you get the MechAssualt game for Xbox, [a great game all by itself], it comes in good condition with original case and manual. You also get a memory card with the save game file needed to soft mod your Xbox.

add $3 if you want the molex power splitter to do your own HD upgrade,

add another $36 if you want a 250GB HD, [that covers extra shipping on the heavier package]

add $20 more if you want the HD cloned with all the emus and roms,

then all you have to do is lock it to your motherboard using the CHIMP software which is used for HD upgrades. After you soft mod your xbox, you tie it to your network with an ethernet cable and then copy over the chimp software. I will write a tutorial to help people do this

You save a total of about $20 if you get all this stuff and do it yourself.

You can do your own soft-mods folks, easy peasy. Just copy the save game on the mem card to your hard drive, then launch mechassualt, then launch saved game called RUN LINUX and follow on screen prompts.

When done you will have a hacked xbox with the UnleashX dashboard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnleashX that you can play backups with, copy games to hd, use FTP to copy emus and roms to it for playing.

Do your own hd upgrade using the same tutorial I use, and save some money on sending your xbox to me: http://www.instructa...-Drive-Upgrade/

order now while supplies last by sending me a PM $25 shipped I am happy to help walk you through any of the steps needed to do this yourself.

the special molex power adaptor you need to upgrade the HD, this lets you have more than one power outlet for drives inside the xbox, refer to tutorial for instructions and a photo of the molex adaptor. the only other tools you need are torx screw drivers, available for cheap at most hardware stores.

UPDATE: I can also send you a memcard with the game save exploit for Splinter Cell & 007 Agent Under Fire, I just don't usually carry those games so if you happen to have those games, you can save a few bucks. the mem-card alone for any of the three games is $20 shipped within USA

Edited by Mark Wolfe
  • Like 1

got my order of molex splitters in today so I have a few more soft mod kits ready for sale if anyone wants to do the DIY aproach. I will indeed assist you on line if I can be of help. check my install service thread if DIY is too much, I am announcing some new xbox units will be ready soon...

• Like 1

I have a copy of XBox Mechassault. Got it today at a thrift store for $0.75! Is there any way to soft mod without a memory card? Ah, I see your third post has just the memory card for $10. Is that correct? Thanks.

Good stuff, just be sure it is not the PLATINUM VERSION (clearly label) I believe those don't work?

that's right OSG, I constantly have to write to sellers before I buy them on ebay to be sure they do not have the platinum hits version, it won't work and I have been burned several times by sellers who post the picture of the old one but send the new one in its place.

YES RickR, you can buy just the memcard, no problem, I also got in more splitters. I will soon be offering SATA/IDE adaptors for sale as well, just need to fully test them is all. good grab on the game, under a $1 is awesome, I can not find them that cheap, that's for sure. PM me if you want a mem card, I have a few left

• Like 1

It isn't the platinum version, so I think I'm good. Came with the case, but no instructions. I actually bought it because it looked fun (and hey! only 75 cents!); didn't know a thing about soft mods until reading this thread.

I need to do a little reading up. Need to figure out how hard it is to put things on the Xbox (like emulators) once the soft mod is complete. I'll get back to you after that.

• Like 1

if you know how to use FTP then it is easy peasy to get emus on the thing. the links to tutorials are in this thread but not for FTP, but any google search will give you a TON of references and instructions, there are literally hundreds of free ftp apps out there for all platforms.

a lot of the emus can also just be run on a properly burned DVD-R or DVD+R so that is another way to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received copies of mechassault in the mail so I now have 4-5 softmod kits available for sale, $25 shipped priority mail within the USA. add $3 if you want the molex power splitter to do your own HD upgrade, add another $36 if you want a 250GB HD, add $20 more if you want the HD cloned with all the emus and roms, then all you have to do is lock it to your motherboard using the CHIMP software which is used for HD upgrades. After you soft mod your xbox, you tie it to your network with an ethernet cable and then copy over the chimp software. I will write a tutorial to help people do this

get 'em now before they are gone this will probable be the last batch I offer for a while.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

• 2 weeks later...