IGNORED

Tank Wars (BIT) Colecovision

steven78

I was waiting for someone with a little more knowledge than me to chime in, but since nobody has, I'll give you my 2c. I know virtually nothing about Colecovision and rarity/values, but I know a little bit about Bit/Funvision due to the crossover to the Atari 2600. That is a VERY rare cart you have there and it IS original. What its value is I have no idea though. You should try a Colecovision site or try the guys in th Colecovision section of this forum.

I was waiting for someone with a little more knowledge than me to chime in, but since nobody has, I'll give you my 2c. I know virtually nothing about Colecovision and rarity/values, but I know a little bit about Bit/Funvision due to the crossover to the Atari 2600. That is a VERY rare cart you have there and it IS original. What its value is I have no idea though. You should try a Colecovision site or try the guys in th Colecovision section of this forum.

Again, Tank Wars was never officially released by Bit Corp for sale... same goes for Strike-It. The only games Bit Corp released (that were ColecoVision compatible) were Meteoric Shower and Cosmic Crisis.

In the mid 80's (1985/1986), TeleGames acquired the rights to these four Bit Corp. games and released and sold them through their mail-order company. They were supplied with the familiar TeleGames grey label with black text.

So again, if you see a Tank Wars or Strike It cartridge with a nice Bit Corp style label, it is a reproduction cart that was made in it's entirety (label and sometimes box) by CollectorVision.or other talented person.

• 1 year later...