IGNORED

Does WICO Colecovision Command Control Joystick work with 5200 Masterplay?

5drew00

Can I use my WICO Colecovision Command Control Joystick/keypad with 5200 Masterplay that I won on ebay? Does the keypad especially work like 5200 keypad? Can I plug a 2600 joystick into Masterplay port and use WICO Colecovision controller keypad in other port to make game selections? And can I play 5200 TRACKBALL games Centipede and Missile Command with it? Thanks

I'm not sure that the keypad on the Wico CCC would be compatible with the 5200 when run through a Masterplay (I doubt it,) but it really doesn't matter even if it did. The problem would be the lack of the Start/Pause/Reset buttons on the Wico CCC. Without those, you'll never even get a game started. And nothing run through a Masterplay will work with analog/trackball games. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I can plug Masterplay in 5200 Port 1 and 5200 Trackball in Port 2 and use Trackball keypad?

Gave that a try using my Competition Pro joystick (works similarly to a Masterplay), but no dice. Games don't seem to respond to the Start button on the 2nd port. You could probably get a game to start by plugging the trackball into the 15-pin port on the Masterplay, but I don't think the directionals will work with that set up - at least, it didn't with the CP joystick.

Your cheapest route to a successful Masterplay setup would probably be to get a hold of a standard stick and refurbish it with the 'foil dot' method described many times on this forum. Used in combination with the Masterplay and your favorite 2600 stick, you should be good to go for most of the 5200 library, excepting those games that require analog control.

• 11 months later...