IGNORED

2012 Portland Retro Gaming Expo! Who will be there?

Would like to attend the Portland Retro Gaming Expo...don't see me makin' it to "PRGE". Anybody kno'...if there's..."Ever"...any..."Classic Retro Gaming Expos"..."Ever"...in N.Y. State?????????????????????????????? "Sure would appreciate anyone responding!!!" :) I'd like to go to at least..."one" RG Expo!!" ;-) :thumbsup: "Thanks!!"... :)

... or South Florida for that matter? :(

I guess this was the one to go to. wish I had known that ahead of time. :sad:

I'm hoping to show "Planetary Defense 2012", an updated version of the old Atari 800 type-in assembly-language game Charles Bachand and I wrote for ANALOG Computing Magazine. I added bonus planet "terraforming" every 8000 points (so that if you survive long enough, your planet will repair some of the damage) and when run on the upcoming release of the "Colleen" Atari 800 emulator for the Android platform, it can be played using the Android touchscreen and will submit your scores to an Internet leaderboard! The same executable runs on a stock 400/800, just no touchscreen or leaderboard submission. What a fun job it was to upgrade! I hadn't touched 6502 assembly language in about 27 years... it all came back to me (shudder!)

Also doing some cool new software running on Atari "Tempest" hardware with Clay Cowgill of Ground Kontrol. More 6502 assembly on hardware I would have killed to work on back in the day. Hopefully will have something to show.

You should enjoy meeting up with Joe Decuir then. He will be attending. I am cenrtain he will be interested in hearing about this.

See you there,

-GrizzLee

You should enjoy meeting up with Joe Decuir then. He will be attending. I am cenrtain he will be interested in hearing about this.

See you there,

-GrizzLee

Cool! I'm really looking forward to the Expo and talking to people about all this fun stuff!

By the way, the new version of the "Colleen" emulator is now available and includes the Planetary Defense 2012 game, bundled and launchable via the "Preferences" menu.

Colleen Link

More about PD2012 in this topic

• Like 1

The floorplan of the show has been posted. The Road Warriors Survival Edition Numbered copies will be sold at the small booth in the back of the show named Lost Classics/John Hancock(me). I encourage everyone who is interested in a copy of this game to purchase this one Early Saturday. I look forward to meeting several of you again as well as meeting new people. The show this year has so many fantastic things going on. I give props to the organizers of the show.

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/expo_floorplan.php

... or South Florida for that matter? :(

Or the Southeast. Between Florida, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, etc. there should be enough interest for a "Southeast Classic Gaming Show" :thumbsup:

I forgot to buy my pre-sale ticket (been busy as heck), so if anyone can help me out with that, it would be cool. Need help setting up the AA booth, Al? :D

Chris

Chris, are you worried about getting in early or just getting a pass? There should be plenty of passes available.

I've been away from the forum for a few months, but nothing will keep me away from the PRGE this weekend!!!

How many of us will be lining up EARLY tomorrow morning???

Hope to see you all there!!!

~Scott

Edited by Ogma

Dear Pitfall II fans:

Sometime prior to the "Ecstasy of Order" screening at 3:30p (which I'm attending), I will be behind a 2600 console for 2 hours or so, attempting a fast-as-humanly-possible, 199000 score speedrun of Pitfall II. I'm actually not sure if this will be in the freeplay area or at the Atari Age vendor (rumor has it they have some consoles available, but I wouldn't wanna interfere with homebrew demoing, etc.)

Hopefully a couple people see this, haha.

I would really like to be there one of these years but I absolutely have to get that hot tub fixed this weekend (crossing fingers). The electrician just put a new heater in and it's still not heating up so he'll be over this weekend to see what else he can do.

Plus, I gotta watch lots and lots of football. :P