IGNORED

Possible Collection Sale ?

Shquata

It's been quite a while since I ( yes it's the OLD GUY and no I am not DEAD ha ha ) have been on and quite a while since I have been able to do anything with my collection. This brings me to my point. Due to several factors , which I will not bore you with , I am considering selling pretty much my whole Vintage Collection and would just keep a Basic sytem and some all time common favorites. It is 95% Atari 2600 . I was trying to come up with ideas and would appreciate any suggestions. I have a few (old) pictures of it on here and can take a more as needed , and can print a list ( I use an older version of Game Collector to keep track ). If I do sell it , I am looking to keep it simple , and would prefer it goes to REAL Atari 2600 Collectors if possible. I figured I would feel it out around here first. I did send this just to Abert first , but figured I would post it here also.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Tom C. (shquata)

I realize now the " Real Collector " statement may be taken the wrong way by some , all I meant is that is the reason I figured I would feel it out here on Atari Age where the collectors are and not just list it on an auction site or classified . Hope this makes it a little clearer. Like I said just wanted to feel it out. I think this may turn out to be too complicated to do. :? We shall see !

Edited by Shquata

I have received a couple of replies in private messages and will answer there also. I have lists by groups .... loose 2600 carts , supercharger tapes , double enders , 5200 carts , 7800 carts , etc in Game Collector that I can export/send as plain text files........ this may be too much work for an Old Retired Guy ;)

Thanks to those who sent replies in PMs .I did not post any lists here because It would have ended up in PMs anyway. Thanks to anyone who even just took the time to take a quick look. For now the collection sits , as it always has. If anyone does want any other info , feel free to send a PM.

Thanks and see you all in the forums

Thanks again to everyone who sent a PM and to all who stopped to look and offer comments and advice. For a variety of reasons , it looks like it's not going to be in the cards to get rid of the collection at this time. Sorry if anyone feels I wasted there time , that was not my intention. :)

Thanks,

The OLD GUY ;)

one of the first things I always tell people who are planning on selling their collections is that, selling separately will garner a LOT more income for you than selling in lots. you need to photograph and document each item and make a coherent text or html list. prioritize the high ticket items from the more common stuff and then maybe sell the cherry picked goodies separately and put the rest in smaller lots. but I would stay away from lots altogether unless it is just a bunch of loose 2600 carts, otherwise the more time and effort you put behind documenting each piece, the more it will catch someone's eye and be all the more desirable.

The only other bit of advice I have is to price things within reason, look up similar items and find out what they are selling for or ask folks who would know that you trust.

looks like you're not doing it now but you will one day, so take time between now and then to photograph and document stuff, if not for sale sake, then for your heirs.

Hello,

Thanks for the input. I have the Basic lists of what I have as far as Carts by sytem , Systems , Boxed games etc. in Game Collector . I do need photos of things The lists are basic with carts mostly listing color , pic or text ...... I could see the detailed description for the higher rarity ones , but 350 loose 2600 carts alone would be a whole new career for this Old Retired Guy ha ha :-o Can I interest you in 5 or 6 Space Invaders..... Combats ??? ;)

Thanks again,

Tom