IGNORED

whats your rarest console?

It's difficult to say...some of my "rare" consoles are easy to find but expensive and some them are inexpensive, but difficult to find in the wild. Here are a few standouts:

• Telstar Combat! (CIB)
  • Mattel Aquarius (CIB)
  • Vectrex (CIB)
  • TurboDuo (loose)
  • Stunt Cycle (CIB)
  • Bally Astrocade (CIB-white)

Like Benny said, some are rare because of the cost, some are rare because they are truely hard to find.

I have a CIB Coleco Gemini that seems pretty rare in the "you don't see them" kind of way. In terms of things you find in the wild I have many rare items, and even more rare accessories.

Like Benny said, some are rare because of the cost, some are rare because they are truely hard to find.

I have a CIB Coleco Gemini that seems pretty rare in the "you don't see them" kind of way. In terms of things you find in the wild I have many rare items, and even more rare accessories.

good point. i usually consider "rare" as hard to find, and if you find one, expensive.

one of these:

a working Astrocade, at least it was the last time I checked it

a CIB RCA Studio II

an APF MP1000 doorstop

a working Memorex VIS

Of all of them, I'd say the VIS is the rarest, I can't imagine them being easier to find than the rest of the ones I listed

nice, does the rca studio 2 work?

It did the last time I tested it several months ago. I also have a loose unit that is only missing the power adapter.

one of these:

a working Astrocade, at least it was the last time I checked it

a CIB RCA Studio II

an APF MP1000 doorstop

a working Memorex VIS

Of all of them, I'd say the VIS is the rarest, I can't imagine them being easier to find than the rest of the ones I listed

nice, does the rca studio 2 work?

It did the last time I tested it several months ago. I also have a loose unit that is only missing the power adapter.

ah ok.

Mine is a Pioneer LaserActive with the PAC-S10. I saw it for sale in a thrift for $160. I went back the following Monday knowing the price would be reduced with the full intent to buy it. I was through the door the second it opened and told them I wanted to buy it. They'd marked it down to $40! I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. The person behind me was interested in it "as a video player for the kids" and another collector dropped in later that day.

It's modded for S-Video output. I have the board assembled to mod my LA for RGB and the 32X, but I just haven't installed the board yet.