IGNORED

whats your rarest console?

Really?!?! Hmmm, there were around 610,000 nes top loaders made and I see a couple dozen or more a week sell on ebay, but I doubt that many VB's go up, maybe a lot of them were trashed due to ppl not liking the interface.

ya thats true. same with vectrex (not because its BAD!), people probably thought it was a tv or something lol

This guy's a pretty odd one in my collection. And yes, that is a Big Lots sticker on this Russian-Chinese oddity. Too bad it didn't come with US plug. I'm going to guess that it's SECAM, which I can't display, and there's a fair chance that it's wireless RF signal is actually an attempt at population sterilization anyway.

nes11sg.th.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

acording to wikipedia, 770,000 were sold. that not alot if you ask me :D not saying its nesesarally "rare", but its not the most common thing in the world lol

That's just over three times the amount of Atari Jaguars that were sold. Funny how the VB sold much more, but only had a fraction of the library. Kind of a shame actually.

Really?!?! Hmmm, there were around 610,000 nes top loaders made and I see a couple dozen or more a week sell on ebay, but I doubt that many VB's go up, maybe a lot of them were trashed due to ppl not liking the interface.

Funny thing is you couldn't give Virtual Boys away back in the day.

There was a rush for them when Nintendo gave up on the system (which was pretty early on). Blockbuster liquidated all their rental units for cheap which included the big plastic carrying case they rented them in (i tried to get one but missed out). I can't remember how much I paid for mine but it wasn't a lot. A few months later they were down to $30 at places like Software Etc. Our local store had a stack and took them months to sell at that price. I thought about getting a 2nd to keep sealed but never did (d'oh!)

From what I recall the top loading Nintendo was in and out quicker in the stores but of course now years later its not the original popularity its the production numbers that count. Obviously they didn't make too many VBs and I guess many of them got discarded/destroyed/whatever as well.

Funny thing is you couldn't give Virtual Boys away back in the day.

There was a rush for them when Nintendo gave up on the system (which was pretty early on). Blockbuster liquidated all their rental units for cheap which included the big plastic carrying case they rented them in (i tried to get one but missed out). I can't remember how much I paid for mine but it wasn't a lot. A few months later they were down to $30 at places like Software Etc. Our local store had a stack and took them months to sell at that price. I thought about getting a 2nd to keep sealed but never did (d'oh!)

From what I recall the top loading Nintendo was in and out quicker in the stores but of course now years later its not the original popularity its the production numbers that count. Obviously they didn't make too many VBs and I guess many of them got discarded/destroyed/whatever as well.

the funny thing about the virtual boy is thats its a bit rare, but its not something everone wants lol

Well there is the Vectrex and I have a first-version Lynx (don't think a lot of the 'Big-Lynx' systems were made/sold), on the newer side I've also got a first run raspberry PI and an OnLive TV box ;)

I do have an old-style 40/80 BBC double disk Cumana 5" floppy disk drive... if that counts? I also still have the BBC cub monitor, which is now permanently attached to my Amiga :o

How rare is the first version of the Game.con handheld console?

How about the pokiman Picachu version of the N64? :D

Probably my rarest (but by no means the most collectable/expensive) thing is my Telling Colour Stars TV games system. I think I was 11 or 12 when I got that. Never did get all the cartridges though!

Edited by gorf68